I have an old BlackBerry Bold (from Rogers, model 9000 I guess) that I used as a secondary phone. I bought a new battery from eBay and used the phone with the new battery with no problem for 3 months. I was away for 3 months and the battery went dead and cannot be recharged. I need to boot it backup to at least get the address book from the BB. I only have a wall charger, as USB plug charger was not available at the time when I have the phone. I read from posts at the forum regarding using a cable plugged in the computer. Is the charging plug in end the same as a Curve? As I can borrow my cousin's cable as he recently bought a BB Curve from WIND.

I called Rogers, and one of their tech guy told me to plug the BB in without the battery to get a red light, and then put the battery in within 10 seconds to charge the battery. I tried this and it did not work. Any other methods to jumpstart the Bold is apprciated. I hope I do not have a bad battery that actually went dead on me in only 3 months.

Ben_Lo_Sai
    10-11-13 01:37 PM
    Make sure you are using a BB OEM cable, plug it in to the electrical socket. Does it light up at all when you do this? If so you might be able to "stack charge" it. That is a process of plugging it in, and then unplugging it, about 100 times. You see each time the light comes on the battery gets a small charge, and after a hundred of them it MIGHT get enough juice to start charging normally.
    10-11-13 02:18 PM
    Yes, I do have an original BB cable. I will try your method. Thanks for the advice.

Ben_Lo_Sai
    10-11-13 02:34 PM
    Another issue could be that the usb slot is in disrepair, and a way around that would be to get a charging pod to charge with, that can charge from the charging contacts.
    10-11-13 02:55 PM
    I sat patiently next to a wall plug and tried stacking charging the BB many many times. Unfortunately it still not charging.

Ben_Lo_Sai
    10-11-13 03:55 PM
    Another issue could be that the usb slot is in disrepair, and a way around that would be to get a charging pod to charge with, that can charge from the charging contacts.
    Please excuse my lack of knownledge. What is a "charging pond"?

Ben_Lo_Sai
    10-11-13 03:57 PM
    10-11-13 04:20 PM
    I am not only lack of knowledge, I am also blind. I misread the word "pod" as "pond". My bad.

Your link said the product is not available in Canada, as I am residing in Canada. They show similar products, one of them is a mini external battery charger.
    10-11-13 05:20 PM
    10-11-13 06:31 PM