Hi yall!

I recently did a battery pull on my Bold. When it rebooted I got JUM Error 517. I did a quick search on the forums on how to deal with it but the info was 2 years old and not applicable to the Bold (I think).

I tried to use the desktop manager to upload the OS again but it's not even recognizing my Bold to be able to do that.

What can I do at this point?

06-14-09 07:03 PM
    Was it jum error 517 or jvm error 517 .. either way it would be the same.

Unfortunately you will need to reload the OS and software as the device OS has become corrupted.

More info on this error.

View Document 0 104422609
    06-14-09 07:11 PM
    Thanks xamdam,

I was actually following your instructions but desktop mngr did not recognize the Bold. If I can't make it recognize it, I can't load the OS.

Darn.....I really hope I don't have to go to the ATT store. That would really suck.

Any more info/advice?
    06-14-09 07:14 PM
    Get crackmem v3.4 its free i just not have link for it on hand.

Open it up and on the left there should be the OS listed if you downloaded it and installed it on the PC... make sure it is checked off.

Ok .. then choose WIPE and see if it wipes the bugger out and if so it will load that OS as well when it gets wiped.... if it does not load the OS ... then use BB manager to load it.

Now if this above fails.... well then ATT here you come... unless anyone else here has any other options.
    06-14-09 07:39 PM
    I ended up talking to RIM about the issue. We spent a good 2 hrs troubleshooting the thing and had to get mine replaced. Mhhhh........
    06-21-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD