i've heard both sides: the bold looks better, the javelin is so much more attractive.
    but who here thinks they look similar?
    if not, what are distinct differences to you (size, curves, physical features, etc...) ?
    07-11-08 07:01 PM
    Look at pictures side by side... the differences are obvious. The Javelin basically looks like a Curve. Same style keyboard, etc.
    07-11-08 07:07 PM
    when the bold comes out on verizon will it be a world phone and will the javelin come out on verizon networks? The javelin looks way better than the bold and its smaller also flyer than the bold
    07-11-08 07:09 PM
    They are similar but yet different. I think the Javelin looks more comfortable to hold in your hand. Of course I don't know for sure since neither are available yet...!!!??? In addition to the more "curviness" of the Javelin, it has green numbers on the keyboard where the Bold has red. I'm still going for the Bold when AT&T releases it.
    07-11-08 07:11 PM
    The only real similarities are the menu, trackball, phone and off keys. The Javelin is smaller than the Bold, it's keyboard mirror that of the Curve, and the ergonomics are totally different, along with a few others. Both are very nice though.
    07-11-08 07:26 PM
    I intensely dislike the Bold, but I like the Javelin.
    07-11-08 08:26 PM
    If only you had one to use. You would change your mind.
    07-11-08 08:29 PM
    i agree! it really does!!!
    07-11-08 08:32 PM
    hmm... i guess not previously being familiar with blackberrys to begin with or other models really, certain things don't exactly quickly stand out to me. but i saw the red vs green numbering. the shape. uh?
    so the bold is bigger.
    thicker?
    and the bold's screen is bigger?
    07-11-08 11:17 PM
    The Jav is the Curve only black and slightly larger. The Bold looks completely different.
    07-11-08 11:40 PM
    How can you "intensely" dislike something you've never even touched? Pics don't tell half the story.
    07-11-08 11:41 PM
    Pics don't tell half the story.
    I tried to explain this to him. I don't want to let this phone leave my hands for one minute.
    07-11-08 11:52 PM
    if they were the same size, bold hands down.
    plus bold has a better keyboard!
    07-12-08 01:47 AM
    Bold looks good but I am soooo in heart with the Javelin.
    07-12-08 03:13 AM
    Based on pics I like the javelin much better.
    07-13-08 02:21 PM
    I personally am in favor of the Bold! While I hear that the keyboard may be more difficult to type on I think it is a lot better looking and can definitely get used to it!
    07-13-08 04:48 PM
    now i have the bold and i know a couple of guys that have the javelin! the javelin is a nice looking device from a glance looks alot similar to the curve! to tell u the truth, even the guys at rim really like the bold styling a lot better! i mean how can u beat pleather backing! and if u look at the back of the bold the camera is in the middle along with a metalish frame around with the blackberry symbol on it! i mean come on how can u beat that!!!!!!!
    the bold feels a lot richer in ur hands!
    07-13-08 07:52 PM
    I guess everyone have their own taste for different model Berry's. Since both the Bold and Javelin hasn't been released yet one cannot make a decision just by looking at photo's.
    For me I would rather go for the Javelin as I have played with it. It just feels and fits better in my hand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 09:10 PM
    I guess everyone have their own taste for different model Berry's. Since both the Bold and Javelin hasn't been released yet one cannot make a decision just by looking at photo's.
    For me I would rather go for the Javelin as I have played with it. It just feels and fits better in my hand.

Where did you use the device?
    07-16-08 03:28 AM
    well to me the Javelin is way more attractive...
    it seems taller, sleeker, and thinner!
    the BOLD looks like its name SHORT AND DUMPY
    07-22-08 03:24 AM
    If only there were a pic out there that show both side by side...

hmmmm.....

That would be REALLY nice!
    07-22-08 05:14 AM
    I liked the Bold a lot until I saw the Javelin. I like the look sof this phone better than the Bold.

The thing I would like to know is are there any differences on the inside (GPS, WiFi, processor, memory, etc.). If anyone knows, please post up.
    07-22-08 05:17 AM
    The javelins screen resolution is 480 x 360 whereas the Bold's is 480 x 320. Does resolution translate into screen size?

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Javelin has both wifi and GPS but not 100% certain.

07-22-08 05:44 AM
    I think I am right in saying that the main downside (and quite a big one at that) to the Javelin is that it doesn't support 3G.
    07-22-08 05:49 AM
    I think I am right in saying that the main downside (and quite a big one at that) to the Javelin is that it doesn't support 3G.
    For me that is an advantage, but can see for others this might be a limitation.
    07-22-08 06:26 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD