A few days ago my wife got a Bold and I got an 8900. During the car ride home my wife's Bold threw several java exceptions and registry errors. The mailbox icon disappeared as a result. A soft reset fixed everything and all seems well for now.

Given that her Bold was essentially at factory settings with no apps, no contacts, no calendar entries, etc. when it threw those errors, what's the likelihood of this happening again? Was it truly just a one time hiccup or is this a known issue with the Bold and the most recent official OS?
    07-14-09 04:38 PM
    I have a Bold that is running AT&T's OS and I can say that you are not alone. Mine has done this since I got it in Nov. of last year. I don't see it that often and most of the time it is on a boot up from a soft reset and not a hard reset. Some people on here have denied the problem and have "never seen the error" but the stories are out there and if you search Google you will find others that have seen this. I wouldn't worry about it too much as its not really a problem and it doesn't happen that often.
    07-14-09 04:58 PM
    Ok, good to know it's not a chronic issue. I was hoping an official, but non-AT&T OS version would resolve this issue. Just in case my wife gets these errors with increasing regularity and tells me to fix it right away, lol. Doesn't seem like it though from my searches on Google.
    btw, I'm a developer and the moment I saw java exceptions my mind screamed "oh crap, not java" .
    07-14-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD