08-17-08 01:55 PM
45 12
tools
    Right been playing with my bold for nearly an hour. Amazing thats all i can say. in the box is a faux leather case, premium earphones, charges and the bold. The back of the bold is faux leather too. Coming from my curve to this is really not hard yeah it weighs a little more and is kinda a lot bigger, but its amazing. Its quicker to boot up than my curve, and the led light is brighter you could go blind staring at it for too long lol.

Its very well built, no cracks or creaking noises and the whole phone feels sturdy and very well built.

The phone's OS is great but not that great to me it looks like a very stylized 4.5 beta theme, maybe i will find things i love about it but at the moment its better than any other theme on any other blackberry. The software is very quick and it all runs with a very nice speed, no logs or anything, however this could change once i get programs on it designed for the curve.

The speaker volume is great, it sounds perfect and so much better than the iphone 3G

The iPhone is longer and the blackberry curve is fatter, if that makes sense lol.

Ive posted pictures of the iPhone 3G & the Bold below.

Last edited by NintendoLinky; 08-16-08 at 11:02 AM.
    08-16-08 05:46 AM
    Sweet, nice one! Congrats on your new handset!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 05:48 AM
    Woo hoo, congrats!

08-16-08 05:48 AM
    Keep it. It's a great phone.
    08-16-08 06:03 AM
    Orange, I presume?
    08-16-08 06:17 AM
    I think you would be crazy to put it up for sale, keep it man :0
    08-16-08 06:22 AM
    I hope you didn't get it so as just to make a quick profit!

There are a lot of folks out there who really want a Bold for what it is, rather than just as a 'cash cow'.

You will of course still have to make the monthly contract payments though, I presume.
    08-16-08 06:28 AM
    No I didn't get it for profit as it's amazing and I really don't want to sell it. I'm finishing work at 3 now so will have pics and stuff a little earlier. I will also loads of questions at that time.
    08-16-08 07:22 AM
    Well done that man... that's what we like to hear!

Looking forward to seeing your pics etc later.
    08-16-08 07:29 AM
    I have been into the orange shop in Chelmsford, Essex this morning and got my BOLD!!!! I Love it!!! It was FREE as i was a band 5 but had to take a 18 month tariff to give me 700 mins,100 text and unlimited landlines for 35 and Blackberry service for 2.50. In the shop they are asking new customers for 129 on a 35 Tariff. They had 4 Bolds in this morning and the manageress (A lovely young lady ;-) )said she didn't know she was getting them until yesterday. My Bold is the nuts the bmw video it comes loaded with really shows of the fantastic screen.
    The future is no longer Bright its BOLD!!!!
    08-16-08 07:58 AM
    What OS version did your Bold come with?
    08-16-08 09:00 AM
    I have been into the orange shop in Chelmsford, Essex this morning and got my BOLD!!!! I Love it!!! It was FREE as i was a band 5 but had to take a 18 month tariff to give me 700 mins,100 text and unlimited landlines for 35 and Blackberry service for 2.50. In the shop they are asking new customers for 129 on a 35 Tariff. They had 4 Bolds in this morning and the manageress (A lovely young lady ;-) )said she didn't know she was getting them until yesterday. My Bold is the nuts the bmw video it comes loaded with really shows of the fantastic screen.
    Check out the speed racer movie clip. That one looked amazing

This is a great free video converter to convert vids for the Bold Any Video Converter Free Version: convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG
    Last edited by _T_; 08-16-08 at 10:15 AM.
    08-16-08 10:09 AM
    Wow finally got home, this phone is friggin amazing the screen is beautiful. I cant believe im calling a phone beautiful. Anyways its really really fast

08-16-08 10:15 AM
    Lucky lucky. AT&T you guys are the worst! Is Orange a GSM carrier?
    08-16-08 10:18 AM
    got mine - waiting for them to activate my new sim
    08-16-08 10:18 AM
    Wow those pics look amazing. I can't wait till the bold comes to the states!

08-16-08 10:26 AM
    hey NINTENDOLINKY CONGRATS MATE! :-) wanted to see some more shots of accessories... any leather sleave/case with that? also dude whats the 3g coverage like? where r u based im in Leicester.
    08-16-08 10:30 AM
    hey NINTENDOLINKY CONGRATS MATE! :-) wanted to see some more shots of accessories... any leather sleave/case with that? also dude whats the 3g coverage like? where r u based im in Leicester.
    I will be posting more shots later and some general info about the phone
    08-16-08 10:33 AM
    I live in London and my 3g cov is amazing- never had an issue with Orange and 3g in any part of the UK
    08-16-08 10:33 AM
    Yes Orange is a GSM carrier as are all UK carriers.

Fab pics, Nintendo!

08-16-08 10:35 AM
    Did you get her phone number?? (the lovely young lady)
    08-16-08 10:37 AM
    thanks for that Nintendo!

man isnt this great! P.S. i had a chat with a realy realy realy yummy orange lady today.... seems there all 'lovely young ladies' lol
    08-16-08 10:43 AM
    I will be posting more shots later and some general info about the phone
    can you tell us what bundled accessories came with yours, did you get a holster or a micro SD card for example?
    08-16-08 10:45 AM
    OK some one work out how to do google maps. just downloaded it and its stuck at 10%
    08-16-08 10:48 AM
    you must be dong something wrong, send me your bold and i'll have a look
    08-16-08 10:56 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD