i'm on at&t running on .545. i always have super good service but lately i keep getting edge alot and even an sos the other day. it just started recently and it's really bothering me. ive had .545 offical since it came out and it never gave me problems before.
    05-22-10 01:46 PM
    Same exact thing is happening to me. Its kind of nerveracking since I just bought my phone a couple days ago. I have SOS in most of the bulidings of my soon to be college.. hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    05-22-10 03:27 PM
    EDGE is frequent, especially on tmo. Unfortunate but true. I am on edge 60% or more on tmo, tmo's supposed fix with .586 is BS. .586 is the worst. ATT folks have a much better time with signal, especially holding 3G

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-23-10 12:08 AM
    I don't know about you but my 3g signal is constant... Although I am living in new york.. And we have service out here especially with tmobile... Try upgrading to OS .656 .... Very good OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 12:50 AM
    Not sure about AT&T, but with T-Mobile I am on EDGE 75% of the time and actually see worse service while in 3G....so kinda disappointed in that, but happy with EDGE as it has always worked...

SOS I get in certain buildings...don't have much to do with you getting EDGE...

Had it while in 3G in the mall...so, just a heads up.

05-23-10 06:52 AM
    If you have a T-Mo 9700 and are in a building with wifi, you can connect via UMA for free and get data, txts, and calls. Just a thought.

I only get 3G sometimes on my t-mo Bold but I live out in the sticks. EDGE works fine while I'm out and I always use UMA when I'm at home.

05-23-10 07:41 AM
    My service is great since I upgraded the OS no big issues and holds the 3G signal pretty good.

05-23-10 08:26 AM
    I don't know about you but my 3g signal is constant... Although I am living in new york.. And we have service out here especially with tmobile... Try upgrading to OS .656 .... Very good OS

i live in new york too. and AT&T has never let me down on service, i always have full bars, and 3 at the least. but it drops in the places i had the best service now.
    05-23-10 09:14 PM
    I'm probably getting EDGE about 80% of the time with my 9700 on T-Mo. Pretty disappointing since my area is supposed to be full 3G.
    05-23-10 11:17 PM
    HA I thought I was the only one with this EDGE b/s T-mobile really has to step up it's game and really improve the coverage map because where I live it shows full 3G I am not even suppose to see my phone drop to EDGE but I guess that's how it will be since this is my second 9700 and was suppose to improve my signal which I see it didn't....people it's definitely not the OS you're running because I did so many tests on different OS's and all of them seem to be about the same dropping down to EDGE and switching to 3G....The network (t-mobile) to be exact is horrible with it's 3G on Blackberry Bold 9700 that's all I have to say.
    05-24-10 02:04 AM
    I've had the same issues with 3G (TMO) on my 9700. Even when I do get a 3G signal the connection is very slow. And if I'm on a call when on 3G it reverts to GPRS. One of the benefits of 3G is supposed to be the ability to talk and use data at the same time and I can't even do that. Very disappointing.
    05-24-10 08:55 AM
    Its extremely rare for me to see edge on my tmob 9700. I can talk and drive all over the place and never lose my 3g connection.
    05-24-10 09:12 AM
    I am on tmo. And was getting EDGE about 75% of the time. I just upgraded to the OS .656 and I am now either on 3G or UMA. I have not even seen EDGE in the past few days.
    05-24-10 10:29 AM
    I just upgraded to OS .656 as well. Still not reliable 3G. I see EDGE most of the time and fall back to GPRS when on a call over 3G.
    05-24-10 11:46 AM
    Wow, I thought I was the only one.

05-24-10 11:48 AM
    i get that tmo has this problem but im on at&t
    05-25-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD