How can I transfer the music that I bought from iTunes in January to my Bold?

Also, does XM Radio from AT&T cost anything to use?
    04-06-09 07:30 PM
    My wife has iTunes and I opened the Media Manager through the Desktop Manager and dragged and dropped the music through Windows Explorer. You don't use iTunes at all. You can also just go find the file through the Media Manager. It will play music formatted through iTunes.

XM does not cost anything if you already have a subscription. I will thry would add Sirius, especially since ther have now merged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 07:55 PM
    Where did you drag and drop the music from? Like from which folder?

04-06-09 08:27 PM
    Where did you drag and drop the music from? Like from which folder?

I think there is an iTunes directory under My Documents on her laptop. The music files are either there or under My Music. I just dragged them from there onto her Blackberry micro SD card.
    04-06-09 08:47 PM
    Ok. Thanks. I'll try it.

04-06-09 09:00 PM
    or you can try, blackberry media sync, which is a free software download. you're able to take existing itunes play lists and put them on your blackberry check it out if you havn't already:

BlackBerry Media Sync
    04-06-09 09:52 PM
    or you can try, blackberry media sync, which is a free software download. you're able to take existing itunes play lists and put them on your blackberry check it out if you havn't already:

BlackBerry Media Sync
    Thanks. I did not know that existed. I will send that to my wife.
    04-07-09 07:32 AM
    Hang on. If this is purchased, DRM'ed songs, they will not load up and play. Also, XM does cost.
    04-07-09 07:34 AM
    +1 for bb media sync. I love it and it just works!!

04-07-09 07:54 AM
    Hang on. If this is purchased, DRM'ed songs, they will not load up and play. Also, XM does cost.
    Doesn't XM need a subscription? Also, how do I know if the songs are DRM'ed?
    04-07-09 10:10 AM
    Doesn't XM need a subscription? Also, how do I know if the songs are DRM'ed?
    Any songs bought off itunes until recently had DRM. Anything imported to itunes from a cd isn't. A quick way to check DRM or not is to check the bitrate of your songs in itunes. If its 128kbps then most likely DRM, 256kbps is what all the new DRM free music is encoded in on itunes. This only really works for purchased songs as imported songs could have used the same bitrate if you haven't changed the settings.
    If you try to import any DRM music via Media Sync it will kindly let you know, its great although importing album art is a little temperamental (it will say it hasn't when it has).

04-07-09 11:37 AM
    All this time I have been manually copying over my music. *SLAP* self.
    04-07-09 12:29 PM
    All this time I have been manually copying over my music. *SLAP* self.
    If I could spin back about five years and manage my music differently, I would do it manually.
    04-07-09 12:34 PM
    There's a program called something "Taxi" or something like that that removes DRM from music. I don't remember the specific name to be honest. I'm sure someone can enlighten on it.
    04-07-09 12:43 PM
    If I could spin back about five years and manage my music differently, I would do it manually.
    Why? And whats stopping you from managing it manually now?
    04-07-09 03:36 PM
    There's a program called something "Taxi" or something like that that removes DRM from music. I don't remember the specific name to be honest. I'm sure someone can enlighten on it.
    Check this out...
    Removing DRM FAQ: How to remove copy-protection from iTunes AAC files (Windows software)

One thing to note, I believe these all transcode the original audio which sucks IMO.
    04-07-09 03:49 PM
    Why? And whats stopping you from managing it manually now?
    When I first put everything on iTunes, it handled the files very differently. It basically saves the files as something like 4FTR6 rather than a recognizable name. It's just not worth it to go back and start over. The reason I would not have done that is it limits me to moving the music around how I want. 5 years ago I had no need for the digitalized music other than to put on my shiny new iPod. There are ways to get around the issues, but again, if I had to do over I would have the files as stand alone. In reference to this thread, it's a lot quicker to drag and drop than use the Media Manager.
    04-07-09 03:51 PM
    I see what you are saying but thats the database on the iPod that has those weird names not on iTunes. In iTunes you can arrange your folders and file names any way you like. If you don't want iTunes to manage your files under Preferences, Advanced make sure "Keep iTunes Music Folder organized" is not checked. Also there are free utilities that will take your audio tag info such as artist, album, track # and track title and rename all your files and even put them into any folder structure you like.
    04-07-09 03:58 PM
    I see what you are saying but thats the database on the iPod that has those weird names not on iTunes. In iTunes you can arrange your folders and file names any way you like. If you don't want iTunes to manage your files under Preferences, Advanced make sure "Keep iTunes Music Folder organized" is not checked. Also there are free utilities that will take your audio tag info such as artist, album, track # and track title and rename all your files and even put them into any folder structure you like.
    Yep, I do that now. 5 years and 3000 songs ago when I first loaded all my CD's up, those weren't the options. I do that now, and keep them in a separate folder than the original batch.

What's the name of one of these utilities, that would be great.
    04-07-09 04:03 PM
    Burn your iTuned DRM music to a CD as audio, rip it back as MP3s unprotected and then copy to your BB?
    04-07-09 04:10 PM
    They were already ripped from my collection of CD's. iTunes is a little different in what it let's you do than when it first launched. When I did this, iTunes managed your collection, and converted to ACC on import.
    04-07-09 04:15 PM
    Yep, I do that now. 5 years and 3000 songs ago when I first loaded all my CD's up, those weren't the options. I do that now, and keep them in a separate folder than the original batch.

What's the name of one of these utilities, that would be great.
    I use Mp3 Tag Tools to edit/remove crap from my mp3's. Believe it or not you can have multiple tags on a single mp3. I only keep ID3v2.x tags and delete other tags including All non-ID3 Tags. It's not the easiest tool to use but its free and once you figure it out you'll be amazed what else you can do to tidy up your library and clear up space. Like I said there are other tools out there but I'm too lazy to go hunting for them. PM me if you need any help getting started bt224.
    04-07-09 04:17 PM
    Thanks, Tag.
    04-07-09 04:18 PM
    Can someone please help? I'm on the verge of throwing my Bold out the window. I've dragged and dropped music and audiobooks to my Bold to the music folder, now I cannot find it. I've checked under music, downloads, and nothing? I can't even get to my new 8gb memory card. There's no icon for it. What am I missing?
    05-08-09 09:32 AM
    Anybody use DoubleTwist? Is this a good solution, or did I miss the point of the software..which is possible. I'm a bit sleepy.
    05-08-09 09:35 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD