Is the bottom line here that this phone is still months away?
    02-22-10 04:52 PM
    Is the bottom line here that this phone is still months away?
    from the sounds of it, it's now pushed back until April...
    02-22-10 04:54 PM
    Hopefully the battery life is much better on the Bold, versus the Tour. I know a couple things about the BB, and the problem with the Tour is not so much having too many applications running in the backround, but talking on the phone. That is where I get the biggest drain, and I mean big...
    02-22-10 04:54 PM
    It seems to be a sound strategy. Clean up the device names to reduce confusion? Oh, yeah. Bold is a solid name, and probably more welcome than Tour ever was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 04:55 PM
    Hopefully the battery life is much better on the Bold, versus the Tour. I know a couple things about the BB, and the problem with the Tour is not so much having too many applications running in the backround, but talking on the phone. That is where I get the biggest drain, and I mean big...
    I agree with you. I mean if its going to be called a Bold, they better keep up the Bold name and put in the higher processor and the bigger battery!
    02-22-10 04:55 PM
    from the sounds of it, it's now pushed back until April...
    I agree...it'll definetely get pushed back. If RIM is gonna do this then they need to make sure they do it right!
    02-22-10 04:57 PM
    Hey whats up Sinternet haven't seen you or Crucial posting in a while. You "Insiders" not giving us some info are the reason why others are being quoted as the gospel now lol. Sal is a cool dude, a phone junkie like us with the means of getting the newest berries but i wouldn't consider him an "Insider" like you guys. When i first heard about the rumored name change a couple of weeks ago caught me by surprise but i immediately believed it, made a lot of sense for RIM to do it that way. After all T-mobile of all carriers got the Bold.

P.S How are you liking that HD2 by the way?

I wouldn't call myself that at all. Crucial, Kev, Sith and BMX (haven't seen them in a while) Radio, phonegeek, britishturbo, and a couple few names. What makes Sal so cool is that he isn't bound by NDA, and whatever he learns, you learn immediately. He's 007 and a very good one. Me, I just like to state information based on my personal preferences. That's it.

I'm loving the HD2. Don't let the screen size fool you, it's thinner than the Droid and Storm 2, and very pocket friendly. Can't wait to see the HTC Supersonic in action. Still waiting on a device that has the Tegra in it.
    02-22-10 04:58 PM
    Seems messy. Lacking in foresight...honestly they should have seen this as a "smart" move to make months ago instead of all of a sudden going "oh yeah!" and then pushing the release date back even more. Eh. Not a happy camper. I don't give a damn about what it's called, just put it out in a timely manner so that it can actually be worth something when it gets here. I'm not a "latest and greatest" junkie type, but at this point I'm ready to call it a wrap. It's taking a ridiculous amount of time for this device to drop and it should all be very, very simple.
    02-22-10 05:05 PM
    I just hope its pushed back due to them adding a new processor, a bigger battery in and maybe even the Bolds battery cover since its called a Bold now.

Kevin was saying he thinks The Bold will be announced at the end up April. If thats the case, we will hopfully see this phone in our hands sometime in May
    02-22-10 05:08 PM
    I just hope its pushed back due to them adding a new processor, a bigger battery in and maybe even the Bolds battery cover since its called a Bold now.

Kevin was saying he thinks The Bold will be announced at the end up April. If thats the case, we will hopfully see this phone in our hands sometime in May
    I was just thinking I hope they include the Bold's battery cover if it is in fact now a Bold!
    02-22-10 05:14 PM
    The name change itself means absolutely nothing to me, but would be welcomed if it comes with the upgraded processor. However, the added delay is causing me to seriously rethink waiting on it. I'm thinking of taking another look at the Droid next weekend, and looking at the other devices coming soon.
    02-22-10 05:20 PM
    I don't see why this means the essex will get pushed back so far in the release date. Yea they have to repackage the phones, but with 5.0 already out (with sprint I know, but I'm sure Verizon doesn't want to be far behind releasing it) and the phones already made, I don't see why it can't be released in early March. Ether way, I'm never waiting till end of April/May to get this phone, lol. EVER.
    02-22-10 05:38 PM
    this is so ngarly
    02-22-10 05:46 PM
    The Bold isn't currently a world phone, is it? Well, it's GSM, so I guess it is, but will CDMA be added, or will it take the place of GSM? Because if the new one isn't a world phone, that would likely be a dealbreaker for me.
    Last edited by BluePlate55; 02-22-10 at 05:53 PM.
    02-22-10 05:46 PM

I wouldn't call myself that at all. Crucial, Kev, Sith and BMX (haven't seen them in a while) Radio, phonegeek, britishturbo, and a couple few names. What makes Sal so cool is that he isn't bound by NDA, and whatever he learns, you learn immediately. He's 007 and a very good one. Me, I just like to state information based on my personal preferences. That's it.

I'm loving the HD2. Don't let the screen size fool you, it's thinner than the Droid and Storm 2, and very pocket friendly. Can't wait to see the HTC Supersonic in action. Still waiting on a device that has the Tegra in it.
    Guys have been MIA, haven't heard from them since the S2 release. Yeah Sal is the no holds barred gun slinger, the Brett Favre of Crackberry.com. Hopefully the Supersonic comes to Sprint man, but i'm too big on jumping on Android yet. Would be more willing to get a WebOS phone if they had better hardware. I had to take the HD2 out of my crazy mind since Tmobile is the only US carrier slated to carrying it. Been fiending for it since day 1. Gotta give Tmobile credit they have the top of the line phones as of late (BB Bold, HD2). Tegra devices shouldn't be far off I'm thinking when WM 7 comes out we should see it.
    02-22-10 05:48 PM

Sinternet, how high do you rate the chances of this being released in the beginning of april? Moving to the states end of march and I prefer to wait on this over a tour, but waiting a month will be hard then. I mus say I dont care so much about the wifi, but trackpad would be nice with all the track ball issues on the Tour
    Last edited by Mistik1973; 02-22-10 at 05:53 PM.
    02-22-10 05:51 PM
    Who cares how the phone will be named, just bring the d**n phone !!!
    02-22-10 05:52 PM
    Who cares how the phone will be named, just bring the d**n phone !!!
    yeah i just want to get the phone already
    02-22-10 05:57 PM
    I wonder if they're going to switch some specs up? Maybe update the processor and such?
    02-22-10 05:59 PM
    most likely the 9700 processor
    02-22-10 06:01 PM
    I wonder if they're going to switch some specs up? Maybe update the processor and such?
    it would make sense to do that since its got the Bold name now... maybe thats why its pushed back a few more months..
    02-22-10 06:02 PM
    I don't care what it is called. Looking forward to either way.
    02-22-10 06:13 PM
    ok so this just means its basically the original tour plus a trackpad, wifi, more memory, and a new name?!?!?! haha wow -__-
    02-22-10 06:15 PM
    well maybe they changed the name to release it already since verizon is still having issues fixing the tour to the new 5.0
    02-22-10 06:17 PM
    I think it's a Bold move on RIM's part!
    02-22-10 06:19 PM
154 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD