Sound off....whatcha think???

I like the idea myself and from a marketing standpoint...good call from RIM
    Last edited by dreedy1; 02-22-10 at 03:59 PM.
    02-22-10 03:57 PM
    i like it. i would love to say i have a bold
    02-22-10 03:59 PM
    Very smart "damage-control" by RIM & VZW. Just distance the Essex as far away as possible from being linked to the Tour and put it into the Bold 9700 series(9750?) family.I guess they learned something from the Storm debacle.
    02-22-10 04:05 PM
    lol at all the people in this forum who boldly stated that the Tour2 will NEVER be called a Bold...

I think it is a good idea as well, but just release the darn thing already on Sprint!!!!
    02-22-10 04:07 PM
    i like it. i would love to say i have a bold
    Me too.. LOL
    02-22-10 04:08 PM
    Me too.. LOL
    yeah and on a cdma network!
    02-22-10 04:09 PM
    lol at all the people in this forum who boldly stated that the Tour2 will NEVER be called a Bold...

I think it is a good idea as well, but just release the darn thing already on Sprint!!!!
    are you referring to sal?
    anybody think the keyboard will be altered (color wise) to look like the bold? ie. change the red numbers on the keyboard to distinguish it from the tour. if it has the same keyboard, that alone will make it look very similar.

yes, I was one of those guys fighting that it could never be called a Bold... I stand corrected big time. Its okay though, I really like the Bold name a lot though. Lets hope RIM makes the changes so that it lives up to the Bold name with a higher processor, a battery like the Bold and so fourth
    02-22-10 04:10 PM
    Sound off....whatcha think???

I like the idea myself and from a marketing standpoint...good call from RIM
    Time to change your sig huh?
    02-22-10 04:10 PM
    yes, I was one of those guys fighting that it could never be called a Bold... I stand corrected big time. Its okay though, I really like the Bold name a lot though. Lets hope RIM makes the changes so that it lives up to the Bold name with a higher processor, a battery like the Bold and so fourth
    ohh man that would be epic!
    02-22-10 04:12 PM
    nah to all of us we will always know it as the essex/tour2
    kinda like i still like calling the tour the niagra, lol
    02-22-10 04:13 PM
    The Tour is now the official CDMA version of the 8900.
    02-22-10 04:13 PM
    are you referring to sal?
    No I was not pointing any one person out, there were a lot of people on here who bet the farm that it would not be called a bold.
    02-22-10 04:14 PM
    I think its a very appropriate move...is it safe to assume that this Bold will not include the webkit browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 04:18 PM
    No I was not pointing any one person out, there were a lot of people on here who bet the farm that it would not be called a bold.
    i got ya, lol
    02-22-10 04:18 PM
    Now we have 3 Threads(to start with) about the name change. We are a desperate Forum.
    02-22-10 04:21 PM
    Wait, is there anything more official then just that random email that all these article refer to?
    02-22-10 04:21 PM
    It's because they take Sal's words as certified gold. If he said it won't be called that, there is no possible way it will be called that lol. If I came in that thread stating otherwise, Sal would side with me.

Anyway, BlackBerry Bold 9730 sounds correct. I could see the "Bold" stamp on the back of the devices as well. What I want to know is, could they possibly change the processor. I still got the ancient 9650, so I'll see soon. Now this is a hunch, but it won't be released before CTIA.
    02-22-10 04:22 PM
    It's because they take Sal's words as certified gold. If he said it won't be called that, there is no possible way it will be called that lol. If I came in that thread stating otherwise, Sal would side with me.

Anyway, BlackBerry Bold 9730 sounds correct. I could see the "Bold" stamp on the back of the devices as well. What I want to know is, could they possibly change the processor. I still got the ancient 9650, so I'll see soon. Now this is a hunch, but it won't be released before CTIA.
    Hey whats up Sinternet haven't seen you or Crucial posting in a while. You "Insiders" not giving us some info are the reason why others are being quoted as the gospel now lol. Sal is a cool dude, a phone junkie like us with the means of getting the newest berries but i wouldn't consider him an "Insider" like you guys. When i first heard about the rumored name change a couple of weeks ago caught me by surprise but i immediately believed it, made a lot of sense for RIM to do it that way. After all T-mobile of all carriers got the Bold.

P.S How are you liking that HD2 by the way?
    02-22-10 04:40 PM
    I knew they wouldn't call it the Tour 2, cause you know how many Tour 1 owners will try to get a Tour 2 no matter what. This stops that sh@t quick, just like when Verizon released OS 5.0 for the Storm 1, then a few days later released the Storm 2, all of the Storm 1 owners who tried to get a Storm 2 were told to upgrade to the new 5.0 and everything should be fixed. Brilliant...
    02-22-10 04:41 PM
    Pretty much...thanks for the heads up BlkBryAddict!
    02-22-10 04:41 PM
    Now we have 3 Threads(to start with) about the name change. We are a desperate Forum.
    LMAO!! Seems to be that way...
    02-22-10 04:42 PM
    Personally, I like the idea. Not really to say I have a Bold but honestly, there was so many issues with the 9630 right out the bat that RIM had to do some damage control to save those customers. Can (we only hope) that a redesign of this device along with the Bold branding of it will save some of the customer base. I personally would get it rather if it was the Tour 9650 or Bold 97XX but this is a great marketing idea by RIM.
    02-22-10 04:45 PM
    anybody think the keyboard will be altered (color wise) to look like the bold? ie. change the red numbers on the keyboard to distinguish it from the tour. if it has the same keyboard, that alone will make it look very similar.
    I don't know but I hope they do. Change the keyboard to match the 9700, put the same processor and battery in it...all though be it CDMA uses more juice than GSM, it will still be better battery life. Put the same back battery cover as is on the Bold. Way I see it, if RIM is gonna send units back for these "immediate changes" and rename it Bold 97XX then damn it...go all out with it and make a device that will have the quality of the Bold name.
    02-22-10 04:50 PM
154 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD