I've always wanted to black the bold out & now my parts will be here within the next hour or two. I know some of yall say it's played out, but i've only had my bold for two months so it's still new to me. Good times guys.
    08-12-09 11:57 AM
    I have had my Bold for a little over a month now and I'm getting ready to black mine out as well. Where did your order your parts from? I decided not to order from CNN being that shipping takes so long and I found the bezel with all buttons installed and including the bottom unbranded plate on berrymods, however, they seem to never have any in stock.

Has anyone ordered a bezel with buttons and bottom unbranded carrier plate from dealsishop.com? They have it for only 21 dollars but I have not heard of anyone using them.
    08-12-09 12:08 PM
    yeah i didn't do cnn because I didn't feel like waiting 2-3 weeks to get the parts in. I ordered all my stuff off ebay from member pmonmon, located here in the US somewhere on the east coast. I'm in VA & it only took 2-3 days for my stuff to get here.
    08-12-09 12:16 PM
    yeah i didn't do cnn because I didn't feel like waiting 2-3 weeks to get the parts in. I ordered all my stuff off ebay from member pmonmon, located here in the US somewhere on the east coast. I'm in VA & it only took 2-3 days for my stuff to get here.
    I ordered my from pmonmon aka dealsishop.com as well and have no complaints. If possible lets see some pics when you're finished
    08-12-09 12:19 PM
    I bought mine from dealsi shop and it was great! I put my chrome side buttons on the black bezel cause I think black looks real nice with a touch of chrome, Like it accents it's deep black color! I put a black trackball on it and a black plate on the bottom front so it doesn't say AT&T ...
    08-12-09 12:21 PM
    I ordered my from pmonmon aka dealsishop.com as well and have no complaints. If possible lets see some pics when you're finished
    yessir!
    08-12-09 12:25 PM
    So it's a good thing if someone says it's about to be murder time? When did I stop understanding modern slang? Even my street slang used to be ok. Am I already getting old at 31? I'm so out of touch!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 12:30 PM
    So it's a good thing if someone says it's about to be murder time? When did I stop understanding modern slang? Even my street slang used to be ok. Am I already getting old at 31? I'm so out of touch!

lol i only said that because the term people had been using was "murdered out bold" when referring to blacking it out.
    08-12-09 12:35 PM
    I have had my Bold for a little over a month now and I'm getting ready to black mine out as well. Where did your order your parts from? I decided not to order from CNN being that shipping takes so long and I found the bezel with all buttons installed and including the bottom unbranded plate on berrymods, however, they seem to never have any in stock.

Has anyone ordered a bezel with buttons and bottom unbranded carrier plate from dealsishop.com? They have it for only 21 dollars but I have not heard of anyone using them.
    Ordered mine from CNN and got it less than a week.
    08-12-09 12:43 PM
    parts are here...about to get started. i don't think it will be too bad.

I'm still kind of debating whether or not I should switch to the red number keypad or keep the white one. Now that I have both here I can't quite decide.
    08-12-09 12:52 PM
    Ordered parts from CNN and they got to me In about a week.. No problem w/ the build quality here, either..

Seen several people that have ordered from dealishop.com, and I've heard nothing but universal praise.. Might want to check 'em out..

Digital, I first heard the term "murdered out" years ago to be mean all colored in black, and hadn't heard for several years until seeing it on CB a couple of months ago.. I was totally confused for a second..

And I'm only 33..

08-12-09 12:53 PM
    little update.

Everything for the most part is going smoothly, the phone is completely apart. I am having a little trouble replacing the trackball...the little housing piece wont fit back on snugly so i'm dealing with that at the moment.
    08-12-09 01:23 PM
    trackball is done, but just noticed a terrible error. My new red number keypad has 2 "d" keys. There's no "F" key. So due to this trash I will keep the white keyboard on the phone. I will also be contacting the seller for a replacement.
    08-12-09 01:41 PM
    All done finally. Came out great. Only kinda bad part is that the new black trackball doesn't seem as responsive as my first one, but I'm gonna give it a few days to see if I can break it in. I changed the sensitivity & this seemed to help a bit.

Other than that I'm satisfied
    08-12-09 02:42 PM
    good luck to the op. once you do youll be able to swap bezels with your eyes closed
    08-12-09 03:11 PM
    Post pics of your hard work! And yea I agree with BDBOLD; after your first bezel swap, it only gets easier each time...

Hope you get the trackball and keyboard issues sorted out...
    08-12-09 03:15 PM
    I'm blacking mine out in a couple of hours. I just picked up the T5 screwdriver from Sears during my lunch. I ordered my red trackball and a 4GB sd card this morning.
    08-12-09 03:47 PM
    Here are a few pics for all those that are interested. My camera sucks by the way.

Took me a little over an hour I'd say.Looks really good in person. Anyone who's considering I would definitely say go for it.
    08-12-09 05:14 PM
    i dig it!!
    08-12-09 05:41 PM
    Saaawwweeeeettt. I'm gonna do it when I get mine.
    08-12-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD