hi there

I am hoping someone might be able to help me with an issue that just started on my 9780. A few days ago the battery died and shut the phone off, so after charging it over night it no longer is able to connect to my Playbook via bluetooth except via the remote control.

the bluetooth on the connections tab is on, the logo on the screen is there but not highlighted and the blue LED indicator wont flash unless i am using the remote control function on the playbook. I have re-booted the phone, done a battery pull and all to no avail.

no apps have been installed recently either. the trigger seems to be when the battery died to the point of shutting down the phone.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated! I really miss the bridging of my Playbook!
    04-18-13 11:48 PM
    I'm assuming you've deleted the connection and tried re-setting up the bridge?
    04-19-13 12:11 AM
    yes, I have deleted the connections and tried pairing them again. they can "see" each other but they will not connect. On the phone, the authentication times out and on the playbook an error pops up saying that the connection failed.

its probably something simple, but I am at a loss!
    04-19-13 12:11 PM
    have u tried deleting and reinstalling bb bridge on both devices?
    04-22-13 09:41 AM
    I tried deleting and reinstalling the bridge on both devices, and upon re-booting the phone I had an error message come up that says
    "uncaught exception java.lang.error" - never seen that before!
    in addition to that the battery seems to by dying significantly faster than it used to.

here is the strange thing - the bluetooth works - the phone can see the playbook during the setup, and vice-versa. it just will not connect!

I am starting to think that my trusty little Bold knows its days are numbered, about to be replaced by a shiny new Z10.
    04-24-13 12:37 PM