I'm not quite sure if this is network or phone related. A few of our users (not all) are reporting issues while trying to make phone calls. They need to try 4 or 5 times before it goes through. Every time, they hear 1 beep and it disconnects. This doesn't happen 100% of the time
    08-14-12 05:00 AM
    Sounds like bad coverage. How many bars does your device show?
    08-14-12 05:03 AM
    showing full bars
    08-14-12 05:11 AM
    So boring,but I have not encountered this problem. I suggest the antenna issues.
    08-14-12 05:53 AM
    Happened to me too! Its sooo frustrating. I tried a bunch of different firmwares and somewhere along the way it stopped doing that but started doing other stuff. Very annoying, great phone but I think the software is buggy as h*ll. Ive heard this from a ton of people that sell them as well as guys that work on them at RIM.

Try the Blackberry website, use the upgrade device firmware tool under software or downloads I think...

Here.. BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smart Phones - Canada

You wont have to remove any vendor files like the Dominican one on Crackberry, also seems to work better than that build, in my experience at least, even though I was under the impression it was the same one. Not sure man but try it.

Im a few days good with it, which is a new record on this phone! WONDERFUL hardware, just buggy software, otherwise Im very impressed with 7.1, and Im coming back from iOS.

Good luck bud!
    08-14-12 10:04 AM
    I'm not quite sure if this is network or phone related. A few of our users (not all) are reporting issues while trying to make phone calls. They need to try 4 or 5 times before it goes through. Every time, they hear 1 beep and it disconnects. This doesn't happen 100% of the time
    I re-read and see that multiple users are having the same problem. Sounds like network or carrier probs to me. Do it happen all the time? Has it always happened of just started?
    08-14-12 10:55 AM
    Got a 9900 From UK, it was locked to vodafone UK and i bought an unlock code to use a different carrier. The phone doesnt let make calls... shows a message saying is not possible? Full network... Any idea? I make a RESET and the OS came with bloomberg app and other app RSA I never saw this one. Before I try the simcard i turned off the phone and hte browser wasnt there.. I press some keys to see the BING search menus and when I press it doesnt open the browser...
    any idea of whats happening with this phone? software issue?
    04-05-13 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD