Hi guys,

I have downloaded the audible player for my bold a few days ago and in the most part its working fine. A few bugs in the playback and the controls are kind of slow to respond but that doesnt really bother me too much. I do have one issue with it at the moment and was looking for some help / advice.

I dont have an unlimited data plan so I dont exit the application because when I do I cant access the "player" again until im in an area where I can connect to a wifi network. I live in the country so thats only a few times a week. What I do is I pause my book and go to my home screen by pressing the red phone. The problem with this is that when I finish on a phone call the book starts to playback automatically (even if I dont press the red phone button). For the last couple of days I have been muting the volume on the audible player before I exit but its getting very annoying trying to find the place where I stopped listening on my previous session.

Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?
    Would it be worth upgrading to the unlimited data plan with my carrier (�7.50/month extra) as I hear there is much more you can do with your BB if you have one? Things like the apps for yahoo and facebook, e-mail forwarding direct to the BB, downloading podcasts etc...

Thanks for the help.
    06-09-09 12:41 PM
    I can't help with the audible issue but I would say to get the data plan. There is so much more you can do with the bb and a data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 12:45 PM
    My 2 cents:
    I bought a book and put the audible app on my bold. I'm not impressed at all. The app is slow and takes over the phone. I can't switch to another app until I shut down the book player. It would be easier if they would just give you a common audio file like an mp3, but you buy a protected file that you can only listen to on their player. I won't be buying any more books through audible.
    07-19-09 11:40 AM
    There are existing threads specifically on Audible that I'd suggest you review that have similar issues
    07-19-09 02:31 PM
    I am so frustrated by the new BB Audible Air application I could just... well... cancel my Audible subscription.

Mine also starts playing anytime I get a call or text or whatever. There is no option to bookmark and it just sucks in general.

The only optimistic thing I can offer is that it is possible to switch to other applications while Audible is playing. Press alt and the back arrow at the same time. That should allow you to switch to other applications while the book continues to play.

I hope that helps.
    Tuni
    07-20-09 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD