what about wifi-only? can someone confirm will it work with only wifi?
    I'm set to "WiFi Preferred" and have no issues, either at home on WiFi, or out and about on the mobile network.
    01-03-10 08:27 AM
    Ok got irc to work on my flex acct with bb data plan. But when I put on my prepaid t-mo sim with my home wifi, it doesn't work. I was able to surf the web, bbweather, pandora etc. But when I tried to irc with the prepaid sim, it doesn't allow me connect. It say something about bad socket id. Any1 know how to resolve this? Thx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 03:33 PM
    I'm having difficulty connecting now, too. When I try to connect to both nevernet & dal.net, I get messages saying that my IP addy has been banned! I logged on from my computer to talk to some folks about it & they say that they've been plagued w/ viruses & spam & such coming from mobile users, so a lot of servers have implemented blanket bans on mobile IP addys! It's very frustrating, as I was just getting to enjoy chatting from my phone. Does anyone happen to know a work around for this?
    01-09-10 03:43 PM
    I'm having difficulty connecting now, too. When I try to connect to both nevernet & dal.net, I get messages saying that my IP addy has been banned! I logged on from my computer to talk to some folks about it & they say that they've been plagued w/ viruses & spam & such coming from mobile users, so a lot of servers have implemented blanket bans on mobile IP addys! It's very frustrating, as I was just getting to enjoy chatting from my phone. Does anyone happen to know a work around for this?
    same thing happen when i went to efnet last week. try it the next day and i got in. they may update their ban list...just keep trying until u get in.
    01-09-10 04:01 PM
    I am using a bnc (bouncer process) that sits on irc via a rented unix shell (a couple of bucks a month) and can choose from any number of vhosts/ips. That way when I connect to irc on my bb through my bnc it is not showing my mobile ip but the vhost my bnc is connected through that is already sitting there.

If anyone does not know what a bouncer is, it's like a 'sock' that sits on irc and when you connect you go into that sock and end up on irc. When you disconnect the bnc still sits there waiting for you to return, keeping your nick on irc and also recording messages for you. I am using znc bnc.

If anyone wants to look into getting a shell try irc channel #xzibition (efnet).

Any questions feel free to ask.

01-11-10 01:21 AM
    Can any1 confirm that they got it to work on pure-wifi and not UMA-wifi connection for this irc program on their 9700?

01-11-10 08:23 AM
    everytime i try connect i get

Error: java.io.IOException: Invalid url parameter

same for any server, i tried putting in my orange apn (orangeinternet) didnt work, i have 2G and 3G
    01-30-10 02:08 AM
    rowwwgan, if you are on orange, have you tried this solution yet?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f75/irc...e-else-374551/
    02-17-10 02:51 AM
    I miss using IRC on my 9700. I only got to use it for a few days before they sent out a mass ban on mobile IP's on nevernet. *Cries*. I tried to get on dal.net, another network I use some, but I can't find any servers that work on my BB .
    02-17-10 11:23 AM
    I miss using IRC on my 9700. I only got to use it for a few days before they sent out a mass ban on mobile IP's on nevernet. *Cries*. I tried to get on dal.net, another network I use some, but I can't find any servers that work on my BB .
    tried the following server:

dalnet: irc.dal.net

efnet: irc.mzima.net

both work fine on my 9700 both on wifi and 3g. let me know how it goes.
    02-17-10 11:26 AM
    everytime i try connect i get

Error: java.io.IOException: Invalid url parameter

same for any server, i tried putting in my orange apn (orangeinternet) didnt work, i have 2G and 3G
    Telus Mobility user here, I get the EXACT same error and cannot connect to IRC at all using any IRC app. JmIRC or any, same error.

When will RIM FIX this annoying and bothersome bug?

05-21-10 05:32 AM
    Hi Brian, have you tried the new beta jmirc?

http://jmirc.sf.net/beta/jmIrc.jad

from jmIrc - Java mobile IRC-client (J2ME)

I only just got my 9700 today and have managed to get it working and it does include some added blackberry support and options in the advanced menu.

Not had time to give it a proper test yet though.
    07-21-10 05:54 PM
    Hi Brian, have you tried the new beta jmirc?

http://jmirc.sf.net/beta/jmIrc.jad

from jmIrc - Java mobile IRC-client (J2ME)

I only just got my 9700 today and have managed to get it working and it does include some added blackberry support and options in the advanced menu.

Not had time to give it a proper test yet though.
    It's working now

Once apn settings were changed, it worked. But I can't disable the "low level connection" warning. Quite annoying to keep selecting "yes" all the time.

07-21-10 06:07 PM
    Hey Brian, is that jmirc-m you have working or jmirc beta,

tbh the low level connection message does not really wind me up as I have noticed that if you do not exit the app properly you do not get it next time you start, so at least I know when I get that message it's more likely to load.

I've not managed to get the jmirc-m installed yet, may give that a go tomorrow.
    07-21-10 06:18 PM
    Hey Brian, is that jmirc-m you have working or jmirc beta,

tbh the low level connection message does not really wind me up as I have noticed that if you do not exit the app properly you do not get it next time you start, so at least I know when I get that message it's more likely to load.

I've not managed to get the jmirc-m installed yet, may give that a go tomorrow.
    Managed to get jmirc working once I changed apn settings. It finally works. Jmirc-m isn't working still. Any updates to it, ie. Device-specific versions?

07-21-10 06:29 PM
    I've managed to install it and it connects but I can't figure out how to join a channel as the menu is blank.

It was ok on my 8900 though so I'll have a mess around with it tomorrow.

I know it's connected to the server though

[VERSION reply]: jmIrc-m v0.35d by Archangel on BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.586
    -
    07-21-10 06:47 PM
    Getting there, worked out a way to join rooms.

The version I just installed was the one on this page

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tou...ml#post4787708

post #153 03-06-2010, 12:37 PM by Havraha

http://www.kaediil.com/jmircm/jmircm.jad
    07-21-10 06:58 PM
    Getting there, worked out a way to join rooms.

The version I just installed was the one on this page

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/tou...ml#post4787708

post #153 03-06-2010, 12:37 PM by Havraha

http://www.kaediil.com/jmircm/jmircm.jad
    Got it installed and will give it a test run after getting linux fully updated on the usb disk.

07-21-10 07:06 PM
    I have the original version I used to install on my 8900 somewhere, I'll try that one tomorrow and see if I get the menu list back.

From reading the thread it came from, they recompiled to get a larger icon in the package. I wonder if something else went wrong in the process.

fyi, just in case you also have a blank menu list, I am having to goto bbkey, menu, bb key, add, bb key, favorites, add to that page a list of '/join #channel1' etc, ok that and then use that favorites list to 'click on' and it will join the selected channel. I used this feater before but favorites was in a list of other options,

Menu
    -----
    Commands:
    Copy text:
    Favourites:
    List channels:
    Other:
    Disconnect
    Exit

and when you were in a channel you could list users etc.
    Last edited by scarymonster; 07-21-10 at 07:25 PM.
    07-21-10 07:22 PM
    Ok, well I read back on the other thread and Frank states it is possible to create your own menus. I will have a look at this over the next few days and maybe we can put something together using the menu's I have in my old version recreated for the new.... it's late here, catch you again.
    07-21-10 08:02 PM
    fyi, from the tour thread

I've found I have the version of Franks compile with the menu's populated in jmirc-m on my curve 8900 so plan to write out the menu structure and commands so people can re populate their jmirc-m irc clients if they so wish.

I managed to get the new 'large icon' version installed tonight and working on my new 9700 but the menu's are blank (as per Nalinith's posts a couple of months back).

Maybe Frank can be bribed with beer funds to put them back and recompile one last time for us once I have them documented.
    07-21-10 09:48 PM
    What the **** is irc. Maybe I'm too yung. Forever yung I wanna be forever yung

07-21-10 10:13 PM
    What the **** is irc. Maybe I'm too yung. Forever yung I wanna be forever yung

IRC is 'internet relay chat', a pre 'messenger' form of chatting online. Think of it as multi-player notepad.

See http://images.snapfiles.com/screenfiles/mirc.gif

and QDB: Top 100 Quotes
    07-22-10 05:18 AM
    jmIRC works for me on my 9700
    Hellooo
    Can u help me??
    How to install and setting
    Couse dot work at my 9700
    Cannot join critical tunel failure
    Thx

01-03-11 09:10 AM
    Hellooo
    Can u help me??
    How to install and setting
    Couse dot work at my 9700
    Cannot join critical tunel failure
    Thx

I have a cod of jmirc version 0.97 and I'll be glad to link it when I have time, via 2shared.com. So please have patience

01-03-11 11:04 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD