Heres an article posted today that isn't as lop-sided as the one posted the other day... This one has some VERY good points.. It's good reading>>
    Bye-bye, BlackBerry? Not so fast | InfoWorld | Analysis | 2008-06-16 | By Tom Kaneshige
    06-16-08 03:51 PM
    Pretty good article.

I've got a question though. On the iPhone there is Wifi right? Using Wifi is it possible to go on the internet for free, if you are in a hotspot?

I don't plan on getting any sort of data plan, so basically on a basic plan of SMS and talk would you be able to browse the internet (ignoring the slow speed issues)
    06-16-08 04:15 PM
    Pretty good article.

I've got a question though. On the iPhone there is Wifi right? Using Wifi is it possible to go on the internet for free, if you are in a hotspot?

I don't plan on getting any sort of data plan, so basically on a basic plan of SMS and talk would you be able to browse the internet (ignoring the slow speed issues)
    Umm i beleive that the plans att have available with the iphone have data included in it... its to my understanding ( and please someone correct me if i am wrong) but when you purchase the Iphone they only offer so many different calling plans for it and they all include Data as the iphone uses data to do alot of its operation......
    06-16-08 04:38 PM
    Wifi is free, as long as your at home with wireless, or at a hotspot.

The new 3G iphone is on the normal At&t plans, but at least with At&t if you buy a blackberry, you are suppose to sign up for Blackberry bundle for at least 6 months. I would imagine that they would have the same sort of rules for the iphone.

And Actually the Wifi would produce higher speeds than Edge or 3G ever would.
    06-16-08 04:50 PM
    Bro, getting a BB w/ no data plan is kind of like getting golf clubs and never hitting a golf ball... Espically considering how good the Bold is going to be

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 06:35 PM
    The calling plans and the iPhone data plans are really separate, but aren't sold separate. When you go online to sign up, it shows each plan with the $20 package added. The reason it's done like this is because you are not able to have the iPhone with having both.
    06-17-08 12:20 AM
    That's because the BlackBerry's browser is barely tolerable -- it doesn't support standard HTML and desktop browser technologies. And RIM likely won't be able to create a better one any time soon. RIM placed its bet on Java, and BlackBerry's JavaScript interpreter runs like a dog. Given all the JavaScript on most Web pages, the BlackBerry takes too long to open a single page.
    Doesn't BB's new browser fix many of these issues or am I wrong? (Please support with references if possible). I thought the Bold will have standard HTML and faster loading of Java... anyone?
    06-17-08 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD