Hi all,

Firstly what a great website and forum. I've been using my Bold 9900 for a couple of days and I really like it, the keyboard is fantastic, the build quality sublime (especially looking at you here, Apple.) and the email/messaging is beyond what I'd hoped for. Very happy I went for the BB over Android.

However most topics on this forum appear to be from BB experts and long-time fans. I've only ever had one BB before, way back before I understood anything and I've had a playbook for a while, but - what should I download appswise, which apps can you not live without on your Berries?

Thanks!
    03-31-13 06:41 AM
    Advance OS and LED, Meter Be, and the latest Hybrid OS from the BL Team
    deezy87 likes this.
    03-31-13 07:28 AM
    +1 for Advance OS. You may have had Waze on your old phone, that one is good if you can get it to work (I haven't so far but some people have)
    03-31-13 08:30 AM
    First of All, Welcome to the Club !

over and above the ones mentioned above posts, IMO the 2 apps that come to my mind are beweather and slide2open, both available on blackberry world free & paid versions.
    Don't forget to head over to the theme sections to get some great free & paid themes for your device. link is http://forums.crackberry.com/f261
    03-31-13 09:05 AM
    It takes some time to learn all the great things AOS and LED can do for you. It allows features not found on any iPhone.
    03-31-13 10:26 AM
    Welcome to the team...enjoy
    03-31-13 01:53 PM
    Thanks everyone, I am enjoying the phone and have been playing SimCity on my playbook all afternoon. What would you recommend games and photography wise? I feel the BB 9900 has an underrated camera.
    03-31-13 02:24 PM
    Me personally I use the following

Advance OS and LED
    TheScore
    FaceBook
    Twitter
    ControlBBanel
    Meterbe
    BeWeather
    TD Bank
    Tapatalk
    PuZZed
    Forsquare
    Google Maps
    TuneIn Radio

I use those apps at least ONCE* in my entire day from when I get up, to before I sleep.

*Advance OS is always in action, as per the coloured notifications.
    03-31-13 03:48 PM
    Thanks everyone, I am enjoying the phone and have been playing SimCity on my playbook all afternoon. What would you recommend games and photography wise? I feel the BB 9900 has an underrated camera.
    First off welcome! The 9900/9930 is a fantastic phone. I find it to still be a very viable phone despite being nearly 2 years old. Games are not the strong point of the device and the OS though. With that said there are a few games I enjoy playing when I have time to kill.

Bejeweled is probably my favorite game and is pretty addictive. Hungry Birds is another fun one that Crackberry featured a while ago. It's like PacMan. Brick Breaker probably came installed on the device already and that is just a must have. It never gets old. The free solitaire game is pretty good if you enjoy that sort of thing. Plants VS Zombies came out sometime ago but the gameplay was pretty laggy. I'm not sure if they've fixed that since.
    04-01-13 03:52 AM
    I finally came to the conclusion the other day after my HTC one x died that, I dont really use my phones for the apps. mostly I use it for messaging, and it does that extremely well. I have never typed this fast before with touch screen phones. If I want to play games, then I just break out my nexus 7, which I also use for maps and directions.
    04-01-13 04:39 AM
    Hi, thanks again for more great apps. I wouldn't say the bold has particularly aged in terms of its capabilities. It still feels like a premium, top quality product in the same way as the solidly built PlayBook I'm typing on now does. However I paid £129 for the PB and £240 for the Bold 9900 - less than the price of an iPad let alone with the phone on top.

A couple of suggestions from myself to complement the others:
    PhotoStudio Pro
    PacMan
    Tiny Bird

I love the PacMan port with the trackball control.

Finally thank god for the economical price of chargers as my phone's was thoroughly destroyed by an adventurous baby, who now can open top drawers it appears!
    04-01-13 04:43 AM
    Fully agree Duke. Just need a dozen or so for wasting time
    04-01-13 04:47 AM
    Make sure you get BlackBerry Bridge from app world so you can bridge your 9900 to your PlayBook. You can do all sorts of cool stuff when bridged. Want to view a picture/website on a bigger screen? Have your phone bridged to your PlayBook? Simply hit the menu button on your phone and choose "open on PlayBook."
    04-04-13 10:34 AM
    Welcome.. The 9900 is a great device. I love all of the short cuts at BlackBerry uses on there devices. The BlackBerry bridge is a must have. I use it all day long.
    04-04-13 11:00 AM
    Make sure you get BlackBerry Bridge from app world so you can bridge your 9900 to your PlayBook. You can do all sorts of cool stuff when bridged. Want to view a picture/website on a bigger screen? Have your phone bridged to your PlayBook? Simply hit the menu button on your phone and choose "open on PlayBook."
    Good tip, is there an option to save the picture afterwards too? I can't seem to find it on my playbook if it exists.
    04-04-13 07:35 PM
    Get to know Device Analyzer its your friend. You can troubleshoot and diagnose a host of issues with your phone yourself. Its built into your phones OS.

04-04-13 07:54 PM
    Paid
    Photo Studio Pro by KVDAGroup
    Radical Draw With Photo Editing
    SmartWiFi by S4BB Limited
    Tapatalk Forum App
    Units by Bulbera

Free
    Poynt

BlackBerry Beta Zone (Free)
    Blackberry World

Most of the time the "More Up To Date" Apps available at the Beta Zone will work better for you.

However the newest Twitter Version: 4.1.0.8 runs kinda slow on my 9900 so I went back to Version: 4.0.0.8.

And of course you will need to sign up for the Blackberry Beta Zone but that only takes a few minutes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-05-13 03:42 AM
    Good tip, is there an option to save the picture afterwards too? I can't seem to find it on my playbook if it exists.
    No, but, if you are "bridged," you can view the files that are on your phone from your Playbook via the Playbook's "Files" app. No need to save it, but if you wanted to do it, you'd need to email it to yourself, open the email on the Playbook, and just download the attachment to your Playbook. Hope this helps/makes sense. Good luck!
    04-06-13 04:11 AM
    Just download the apps that benefit you. If someone suggests a particular app just check it out yourself. If you approve, then get it....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-08-13 12:44 PM
    Just download the apps that benefit you. If someone suggests a particular app just check it out yourself. If you approve, then get it....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    What a sage observation.
    04-08-13 04:03 PM
    How does Tapatalk work on 7.1?
    I find CB App (Based on Tapatalk) to be laggy and buggy, slow most of the time, but still gets me all reading and posting I need to do. I can bear all the annoyances because it is free, but if tapatalk performs like this, i dont think it is worth buying. Some recent feedback would be nice.

For apps,
    Check:

Accuweather
    Groupon
    FileScout
    OneMediaHub

Gotta run, let me post more when I get back
    I have been trying apps non stop since I got this, there are some hidden gems in app world, buried deep in lists and results, and topics like this is the only way to uncover them and get people to use them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 ęSlow CB AppĽ
    04-14-13 11:22 AM