Is it possible to use the iPhone on a BlackBerry Data plan? I want to be able to switch from one device to another by just switching the sim card.
    06-09-09 12:08 PM
    I've heard that you can use the iphone or any other device with BB data plan without problems. Seen this several times on these forums.

It will not work the other way around though because no connection to BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 12:13 PM
    Is it possible to use the iPhone on a BlackBerry Data plan? I want to be able to switch from one device to another by just switching the sim card.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/let...-sim-d-244402/
    06-09-09 12:19 PM
    I put my Bold SIM in a co-workers iPhone and everything worked including Visual Voicemail, his SIM did not allow data access on my Bold. The Browser kept returning HTTP 400 series errors.

06-09-09 01:01 PM
    Did he receive a new voicemail while using the BlackBerry SIM, or did he just try playing a voicemail he already had?
    06-17-09 09:45 AM
    I called Rogers and was told I had to upgrade my Data Plan, I can't remember the reason.

I was told that you don't have to let then know and to just switch the SIM card.

06-17-09 10:14 AM
    The store reps (AT&T) will tell you it can't be done.

06-17-09 11:41 AM
    I wish at&t was more flexible with their planning, I would love a combined blackberry / iPhone plan. So much people have the combo.
    06-17-09 12:53 PM
    I got this message from AT&T when one of our BB users put iPhone on the BB sim.... I am the admin for the corp acct.

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Our service records indicate that the subscribers listed below are using an ineligible data plan with their iPhone.

To ensure proper device function and avoid potential service interruption, we strongly encourage you to add an iPhone data plan to these accounts.

Number IMEI Device Number IMEI Device
    9X9-XXX-0222 011744999723098 iPhone 3G

As per the terms of your corporate contract, subscribers using iPhone to access corporate email, company intranet sites, and/or other business applications require an Enterprise Data Plan.

If you would like assistance, please contact your AT&T representative, or reach our Customer Care team at 1-800-331-0500.

Thank you for choosing wireless from AT&T. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

AT&T Customer Service
    06-17-09 01:09 PM
    I got a similar email when i put my BB sim into my iPhone, it said;
    "our records indicate you do not have a iPhone data plan, if you wish to avoid data charges please call ATT" yatta yatta

How do they know we are switching around, i just want to be able to use my 3G sometimes if i feel like it, i already pay for unlimited data on my bold, and i know the iPhone dosnt use some "special" kind of data!
    06-17-09 03:44 PM
    Im not sure on this one but wouldn't your 'unlimited data' be a part of your BIS/BES plan? This presumably wouldn't be accessible by the iPhone which would revert to WAP which would presumably charge you unless you have a WAP data plan which you wouldn't use on your BB since it has BIS/BES?
    06-17-09 05:32 PM
    Att will always suck

06-17-09 06:32 PM
    Im not sure on this one but wouldn't your 'unlimited data' be a part of your BIS/BES plan? This presumably wouldn't be accessible by the iPhone which would revert to WAP which would presumably charge you unless you have a WAP data plan which you wouldn't use on your BB since it has BIS/BES?

you're correct. blackberry data uses BIS or BES and iphone uses wap. a blackberry data plan hardly ever include wap usage
    06-17-09 10:33 PM
    Att will always suck

gtfo troll.
    06-17-09 10:41 PM
    For the last year I was able to use my BB data sim in the 3g with no problem. Today I cannot access data I get no data connection available. I guess ATT has stopped this. Bummer as I like to switch devices.
    06-18-09 12:43 PM
    I had the 3G and was able to put the SIM in my Bold and use for calls, texs, and e-mails. The MMS and internet did not work being that I had the iPhone plan.
    06-18-09 03:38 PM
    you're correct. blackberry data uses BIS or BES and iphone uses wap. a blackberry data plan hardly ever include wap usage
    Ah excellent. I have used my BB SIM in my fiance's iPhone and it worked as expected but since Im on BIS and have no WAP data plan I didn't want to use the net on it because I figured it would charge for WAP data. Thanks.
    06-18-09 05:00 PM
    I'm on o2 UK. BlackBerry data plan on o2 includes Wap but not mobile internet? I would've thought the iPhone used mobile internet? Does anyone know the difference between mobile internet and wap?

06-19-09 02:43 AM
    You have no idea of how much fail is in that question.
    06-19-09 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD