For all of you guys that moan about the iPhone having more apps in the app store. This was my first time on the iPhoneBlog.com. I went there to check out why everyone goes on about the iPhone appstore being WAY better than the BB one and having tons more apps. This was from browsing the forum for, no jokes, 2 minutes.

From a moderator no less.
    07-13-09 12:51 AM
    Interesting, but with what, over 25,000 apps (or something like that), I'm sure the majority are going to be worthless...
    A good friend of mine loves his iPhone, but told me a few weeks ago that there were way too many apps out there & the quality was lacking...
    Oh well, not my worry!
    07-13-09 01:04 AM
    oh whatever, the app store on the iphone is so much better, nicer interface and so much more of a selection. The blackberry appworld doesnt go near the apple app store.
    07-13-09 01:18 AM
    oh whatever, the app store on the iphone is so much better, nicer interface and so much more of a selection. The blackberry appworld doesnt go near the apple app store.
    The point i'm making is that, when you have something there is always something better. BB users are bummed about the BB appstore and the iPhone users are bummed about the iPhone appstore. Even if BB recreate the appstore and make it worth while, 2 weeks later there will be tons of people moaning about it. I just posted this for a laugh. it's funny going between the 2 forums and seeing the same things being b1tched about.
    07-13-09 01:32 AM
    -_- i still didnt try the bb appstore !! i dont know when will they release it worldwide
    07-13-09 04:13 AM
    app store on iphone is better.
    07-13-09 04:19 AM
    hey iam newbie but this seems kinda Ford-Chevy like
    07-13-09 07:38 AM
    Here's a nice read from a developer's viewpoint.

AppStore Economics

IMHO, iTunes app store is better executed, but too many bad apps to dig through to find the good ones.
    07-13-09 07:48 AM
    I think the app store is better on the iphone but i'm sure bb will be improving all the time.
    07-13-09 08:03 AM
    iphone app store all the way baby
    07-13-09 09:08 AM
    sad but true

i have to agreed with this one
    07-13-09 09:13 AM
    someone would have to be drinking some SERIOUS kool-aid to think that the bb "app world" is even close.

BB's app store is years behind. Can they catch up, certainly. BUT, what RIM needs to do is build something into their new phones that will only accept apps from their app world like the iphone does. That way, there will only be one place to go to put stuff on your phone and all energy and money can go to building that up.

Until then, you'll have 20 app stores each of which are inferior to apple's.
    07-13-09 09:32 AM
    For all of you guys that moan about the iPhone having more apps in the app store. This was my first time on the iPhoneBlog.com. I went there to check out why everyone goes on about the iPhone appstore being WAY better than the BB one and having tons more apps. This was from browsing the forum for, no jokes, 2 minutes.

From a moderator no less.
    Just did the math... The Apple App Store has over 56,000 apps. Lets just say for arguments sake, %95 are worthless (which I think is way too harsh).

That would mean that there are 2,800 solid apps on there for your phone...lol. Thats STILL A LOT of great apps
    07-13-09 09:35 AM
    Not a fair comparison by numbers since the apple store has been around for longer.
    07-13-09 01:24 PM
    I don't care what anyone says. Even the iPhone people.

iTunes appstore blows BB AppWorld out of the water.
    07-13-09 01:40 PM
    One of the reasons the iTunes app store is better is because the apps are (generally) much cheaper (and there are a ton of free ones). I do like BB App World, and use it all the time- but we are comparing Apples to (Black)Berries.
    07-13-09 01:49 PM
    iPhone has all the developer support. The prices aren't really the biggest issue. But that isn't a store issue that's a development/target market issue. BB has a lot of free apps, just that Appworld doesn't contain them all, it's annoying to find them and they don't update nearly as often as the developers sites do anyways.

The Appworld issues are separate from that and just make the experience kinda clunky (not implementing basic features for search/sorting and slow navigation for example). Comparing them is kind of pointless though because Appworld is never going to be equal to the Appstore any time even remotely soon.
    07-13-09 02:07 PM
    having used both for a pretty good period of time, I have to say the appstore is WAY better then appworld. Appworld is like a disaster compared to appstore. ( even reading reviews on apps suck in appworld lol ). Also you have 100 different places to get an app for you BB. This could be good and bad. Personally I would prefer one place for all app shopping. Yes the appstore has allot of crappy apps ALLOT.... But you could find the good ones very easy with there search and top system. I don't think Appworld will ever be near as good as Appstore. Apple's #1 thing is the appstore. This is the bread and butter for the Iphone. BB not so much Email and messaging is there bread and butter so they will never devote so much time and money on appworld IMO
    07-13-09 03:12 PM
    Not a fair comparison by numbers since the apple store has been around for longer.
    July 08 for Apple & April 09 for RIM -- not much difference.

I believe it's fair... it's the same when people compare the iPhone to BlackBerry in other aspects, especially email and "security" (quoted because I believe this is BS). RIM has been doing email for way more then 5 years over Apple/iPhone. Heck, we could even says the same the phone itself. It's only been out for a little over two years and is being compared to every device.

Whatever works... is my motto. No device is better at everything, nor will that ever happen. If that were the case, we'd just have one cellphone model.
    07-13-09 03:23 PM
    Not to mention being around for a long time doesn't really amount to anything... Look at what happened to Palm.

What I really, really hate about the Appstore is that you are forced to get every single app from them (which means if they don't clear it, you don't get it). That's a garbage model imo.
    07-13-09 04:02 PM
    Eventually the BB appstore will be improved. I don't have the iPhone but I do have the iPod touch which it is the same appstore. It seems to be much better. Just give it some time.
    07-13-09 04:44 PM
    July 08 for Apple & April 09 for RIM -- not much difference.
    Not much difference??? thats 10 months. Did you forget how to count?
    Last edited by ak29; 07-13-09 at 09:50 PM.
    07-13-09 05:11 PM
    Not much difference??? thats 10 months. Did you forget how to count?
    I seriously doubt Appworld is going to be insanely better 10 months from now even... They've barely changed anything since launch other than the huge connection errors.
    07-13-09 05:18 PM
    I seriously doubt Appworld is going to be insanely better 10 months from now even... They've barely changed anything since launch other than the huge connection errors.
    My only point was that in a period of 10 months more apps would have been produced. Thats all I was saying.
    07-13-09 05:20 PM
    Yeah, but the amount of apps being produced isn't really the problem with Appworld. The more apps appworld gets the worse the app is to use...

So in reality more apps will make appworld worse until they fix some core issues.
    07-13-09 05:24 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD