it is time for an upgrade on my contract and I am in a pickle. iPhone 3G or Bold? i know you guys all probably think Bold (i prefer that device as well) but its the price that makes this hard. i could upgrade to the iPhone and download 3.0 for $99 or spend $300 and wait for a $100 rebate many weeks later. just so you guys know i LOVE the bold but i just dont have $300! Anybody else in the same situation???? i love touch screen phones but hate typing on them. i love the Bold's keyboard and the speed of its processor and everything else. but still undecided...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 12:48 PM
    To me, if you're mainly interested in a fancy browser, then the iPhone is the way to go.

Otherwise, BOLD, baby!
    06-22-09 12:53 PM
    If money is the issue, since you mentioned the pricing, go for the iPhone. If
    you can't stand fancy touchscreens, as you mentioned, then go for the Bold.
    06-22-09 12:56 PM
    Go with the Bold. It's worth the money.
    06-22-09 12:57 PM
    use to have an iphone.... Using bold now.

really worth the money.
    06-22-09 12:59 PM
    I think it's been summed up above. If browsing is the absolute most important thing to you, then maybe an iphone is a good fit. If you have problems typing on a touchscreen keyboard (no tactile feedback) and do any decent amount of emailing/texting, then the iphone will probably be somewhat of a disappointment. Plus, you wouldn't be allowed to hang out here with the cool kids on crackberry.
    06-22-09 01:16 PM
    Thanks for all the responses! I do a BUNCH of emailing but I also do a BUNCH of browsing. So it makes it hard. I guess I just have to pick my battles. Thanks again guys. Still have some thinking to do...
    06-22-09 01:56 PM
    Thanks for all the responses! I do a BUNCH of emailing but I also do a BUNCH of browsing. So it makes it hard. I guess I just have to pick my battles. Thanks again guys. Still have some thinking to do...
    Whatever it is, it will be better than the Blackjack you currently have.
    06-22-09 01:58 PM
    I found that with the specialized apps, I browse much less than before. My concerns were the same, so I'm glad I didn;t go with the iPhone.
    06-22-09 02:00 PM
    I have a bold and LOVE IT TO DEATH... and i did have an iPhone for about 2 weeks (just couldnt live with all the things it didnt have.. IE MMS, Copy Paste, No ability to send contact cards) But the new firmware (3.0) fixes a lot of that. However, i just LOVE BB's. There are a lot of "cool" phones out there, but they just arent the same!
    If you want a bold, but the price just isnt right, check out other websites that let you use your upgrade. the crackberry store has it for $149 with a contact extension!!
    06-22-09 02:11 PM
    ...hilarious! Brilliant point.

Whatever it is, it will be better than the Blackjack you currently have.
    06-22-09 03:32 PM
    Keep battery life in mind too. The 3G has a pretty poor battery life, that they improved on w/3GS. I prefer the ability to upgrade my battery and memory. .
    MMS still does not work on the Iphone also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 04:02 PM
    Bold - no doubts!
    I have iPhone 3G. it is ok but that screen keyboard is brrr...
    Bold hase the best keys , IMHO..
    06-22-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD