I was wondering..is the Blackberry Bold always connected to the internet? like the Iphone or storm?
    08-22-09 01:30 AM
    Yeah sorta if you have a data plan you should always have a data connection so technically yes I suppose

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 03:22 AM
    If you mean is it continually using data in terms of the browser, no.

If you close your browser from the default main screen, the browser uses no data as opposed to you just exiting on like yahoo.com that will keep refreshing.

The browser will always be "open" but the default screen will be using no data.

As for other features of the internet, if you have apps like facebook or email setup, they will automatically receive emails in real-time and this will use data.
    08-22-09 03:39 AM
    If you mean is it continually using data in terms of the browser, no.

If you close your browser from the default main screen, the browser uses no data as opposed to you just exiting on like yahoo.com that will keep refreshing.

The browser will always be "open" but the default screen will be using no data.

As for other features of the internet, if you have apps like facebook or email setup, they will automatically receive emails in real-time and this will use data.
    Thank you!....
    08-22-09 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD