I have an old BB 9700 Bundle 1965 (v6.0.0.461) Platform 6.6.0.137. It was on a Telus plan but I've been using a different smart phone on a different carrier for a couple of years now.

I want to use the phone to stream audio and apps from my home wifi because the battery life on the 9700 is great. My iPhony 4s sucks in terms of battery life. I don't have an active plan for the 9700 with a carrier. The phone has just been collecing dust.

I can connect to my wifi network but when I try to access internet I get an error message that says 'unable to connect to the internet ... if the problem persists please contact your service provider. If I try to use some apps, I get a mmessage that says my APN settings are not configured.

Since I don't have a carrier, is there a way I can set up my 9700 just to access my personal wifi network and apps?

Thanks.
    05-25-13 11:39 PM
    I have an old BB 9700 Bundle 1965 (v6.0.0.461) Platform 6.6.0.137. It was on a Telus plan but I've been using a different smart phone on a different carrier for a couple of years now.

I want to use the phone to stream audio and apps from my home wifi because the battery life on the 9700 is great. My iPhony 4s sucks in terms of battery life. I don't have an active plan for the 9700 with a carrier. The phone has just been collecing dust.

I can connect to my wifi network but when I try to access internet I get an error message that says 'unable to connect to the internet ... if the problem persists please contact your service provider. If I try to use some apps, I get a mmessage that says my APN settings are not configured.

Since I don't have a carrier, is there a way I can set up my 9700 just to access my personal wifi network and apps?

Thanks.
    You will need to register the device on the network unfortunately that can't be done without registering the device on the network and that needs a SIM Card inserted
    pilsnermonkey likes this.
    05-26-13 12:31 AM
    First check if you have Service Books for WiFi, they come with OS. If not, just reinstall it and it will work. (mine 9700 works like that, over wifi I can download app, watch youtube...)
    05-26-13 09:34 PM
    Thanks Marko. I will give that a try.
    05-29-13 12:32 PM
    Go to browser-options-uncheck"switching to carrier network for streaming media" works for me and try to update your device to latest os avialable it will work
    Last edited by Rohan Rude; 06-02-13 at 02:52 AM.
    06-02-13 02:07 AM
    Works like a charm. Media player with internet & apps on my wifi! Perfect!!
    06-04-13 01:59 PM