10-06-10 03:57 PM
    1) hahahhaha

2) This has been speculation for years, not going to happen anytime soon...

3) What does this have to do with a 9650?

4) There is a vzw forum here, which has about 14 articles pertaining to the same speculation.

5) There is also a iphone forum here, which also has about 12 articles pertaining to the same thing.

6) Fail.
    10-06-10 04:42 PM
    more rumors... WRONG FORUM.. this is the 9650 forum
    10-06-10 04:50 PM
    10-06-10 04:54 PM
    Just because a rumor exists that Apple will begin manufacturing CDMA iPhones, does not mean that VZ will carry them (but they would be foolish not to).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 05:20 PM
    WoW! I saw the title of this thread in the 9650 forum and said to myself "where the heck is pi guy when you need him" Dang if he's not got post #2. Way to be on the job PG. LOL!
    10-06-10 11:54 PM
    I am on VZW and wanted to extend the fact that I could care less about the iToy coming to VZW, I would NEVER own one............
    10-07-10 04:21 AM
    What's an itoy?

10-07-10 09:46 AM
    What does this have to do with a 9650?
    +1 why do ppl do this?
    10-07-10 09:48 AM
    What's an itoy?

I gotta tell you...we've had our differences over the boards...
    but this line makes me ROFL.....

CLASSIC!
    10-07-10 09:57 AM
    I posted this here because I own a 9650. If I wanted to converse with iphone owners I could cruise that forum. But I don't want to own an iphone (currently).

What bothers me about the article even if I wanted to own an iphone currently . . ."I can't".

If I wanted to own a Torch right now . . . "I can't".

If I were to change devices it would probably be the Torch, because that phone piques my interest the most. I've owned many many PDA's and what ticks me off the most is RIMM. I hate the way Rimm continues to cut backroom deals with AT&T, so even if I wanted an iphone or a Torch RIMM won't let me stay with my current carrier . . . because VZ does not offer either model.

It was only 2 months ago that they finally offered the Bold 9650. AT&T also had a lock on the 9700. So there were many of us trapped with the Tour (which was a fine device), but still no Wifi and an outed dated trackball and only 1/2 the memory.

Yet, VZ still has me paying like $125 a month but blocks me from owning the device of my choice. Until 2 months ago, I could not even own the 9650 on VZ, yet same monthly bill

I stay with VZ because IMO, they have the #1 coverage and great customer service and many of my family and friends also have VZ, so I'm not blowing through extra minutes.

I kinda laughed when I saw yet another ghost article on how VZ is going to get the iphone in a few months.

I personally don't fall in love with any device and am very happy to trade up to the latest and the greatest each year. But Rimm just pisses me off limiting my device choices with their exclusive carrier deals.

I love hearing when iphone sells like a million devices the first week of an introduction of a new model. That means Apple continues to stick it to Rimm

I don't even know if I'd like the Torch as to it's size and battery life, but I can't even try one out for 30 days, because it's not offered on VZ.

I like the 9650 as it is for now. The OS 6 upgrade is smoother than OS 5 was, but I would not be jumping devices just because of OS 6 as it's far from a ground breaker, in my opinion.

I'm sure AT&T paid up big time for the exclusivity of the 9700, Torch and the iphone as it was probably what saved them . . . but RIMM contiues to sell out it's loyal customer base by denying us a choice of models.

I was loyal to Palm devices for years until they stopped updating what eventually became an antiquated platform and Rimm took their customers away by the boat loads.

So that's why I posted this in the 9650 forum, just wondering if others feel the way I do in that Rimm keeps selling out their loyal base each time they allow other carriers to block a VZ customer from using other devices, especially other BB models.

I happen to like the 9650 (this year) I'll see what's new when my 1 year is up. But my Wife would like an iphone . . . so what am I supposed to do, tell her she is not allowed to own an iphone, because I like the 9650! Maybe she'd like a Torch, oops she can't have that one either.
    Last edited by expidia; 10-07-10 at 10:43 PM.
    10-07-10 10:32 PM
    If the iphone goes to verizone it better also come out for sprint, no reason not too, they're both cdma.

Also this is a better article:

Apple Making Verizon-Ready iPhone by Year End - WSJ.com

The wall street journal is usually correct so this is pretty much confirmed.

I do want an iphone but I just can't swallow paying 50 dollars more just to be on ATT. I love my blackberry but in all honesty, the hardware leaves a lot to be desired. RIM really needs to step it up hardcore to stay relevant. We want devices with big screens, fast processors, nice keyboards. It's not that hard, HTC, apple, motorola are doing it amazingly well.

Articles like these really show RIMs decline:

Android Most Popular Operating System in U.S. Among Recent Smartphone Buyers | Nielsen Wire

If the iphone does indeed come out for cdma (sprint), I will drop my bold in a second. Just the cold harsh truth, it really is the best phone on the planet.
    10-07-10 11:44 PM
    RIM has two M's?
    10-08-10 02:02 AM
    If the iphone goes to verizone it better also come out for sprint, no reason not too, they're both cdma.

The wall street journal is usually correct so this is pretty much confirmed.

I do want an iphone but I just can't swallow paying 50 dollars more just to be on ATT. I love my blackberry but in all honesty, the hardware leaves a lot to be desired. RIM really needs to step it up hardcore to stay relevant. We want devices with big screens, fast processors, nice keyboards. It's not that hard, HTC, apple, motorola are doing it amazingly well.

Android Most Popular Operating System in U.S. Among Recent Smartphone Buyers | Nielsen Wire

If the iphone does indeed come out for cdma (sprint), I will drop my bold in a second. Just the cold harsh truth, it really is the best phone on the planet.
    Hahhahaha. The best phone on the planet. Hahhah. Pfft. Its not even a phone. Its a ipod touch with a lame excuse for a phone inside of it. Doesn't even have a keyboard! Used a buddies 3GS the other day. Pictures folder loads slower and lags, messaging is worthless, internet is slow, no signal or service where my Bold had 5 bars. Yup, you'll be so cool with the best phone ever that rarely works and when it does it works slowly. But you can have a cool ak47 on your screen that shoots! Wow.

10-08-10 06:09 AM
    It's gonna happen. I know it. My inside source says so. And to prove it, look at this:

yeah right......I'll believe it when I see it......
    10-08-10 06:30 AM
    [QUOTE=robertrulez;5658580]If the iphone goes to verizone it better also come out for sprint, no reason not too, they're both cdma.

I love my blackberry but in all honesty, the hardware leaves a lot to be desired. RIM really needs to step it up hardcore to stay relevant. We want devices with big screens, fast processors, nice keyboards. It's not that hard, HTC, apple, motorola are doing it amazingly well.

QUOTE]

Exactly, I'd like to maybe go with the Torch someday, it would be cool to turn it sideways and watch a DVD on a plane. But Rimm likes to try and block me from my choices of carrier and VZ goes along with it. If I were VZ I would simply drop the entire BB line for a year and stick it to Rimm. They already lost 14 million users to iphone. How does Rimm's upper management allow this? They are a bunch of Bozo's in my opinion to just sit back and watch iphones customer base double in 1 year. Once VZ gets the iphone Rimm can watch iphone's customer base triple. Why, because Apple gives consumers what they want. And so will Google.

History is a wonderful thing to learn from (and I always hated History in school). Rimm and VZ are following the same thing GM did wrong for the last 20 years as they sat back and continued to build unreliable big gas hogs while the Japanese took away 1/2 of GM's market share. And GM finally went bankrupt sticking with their business model of not giving consumers what they wanted.

I watched the same thing happen to Palm's entire platform. Check their stock's share price. I don't know if HP bought them yet but if they did HP is another company that doesn't get it. They also lost much of their market share to the discounters over the years.

I don't need an Android pushed in my face by VZ.

The first carrier that offers me open architecture for PDA choices, good coverage, speed and service . . . gets my and my entire family's business.

Screw Rimm and their proprietary carrier hardware deals. I'll never have any loyalty to Rimm for that!

Thx for that WSJ article. In my opinion, once VZ gets an iphone ATT is done. There will be a steady mass exodus from AT&T as a carrier.

The author of the article is a schmuck though. Years ago he always had a bias to Apple products, probably cause Apple gave him his stuff for free like they did to the schools creating their legion of Apple Zombies.

Walter Mossberg has always slammed Palm products in favor of anything Apple made in his totally biased reviews (time to hang it up and pass the baton Walt). I canceled my subscription many years ago to the WSJ cause it's a just another rag paper! I choose to get news from sites like the m.Drudgereport.com as their news is more fair and balanced, in my opinion. Funny how a liberal paper like WSJ is now owned by Fox though . . . go figure Fox is OK, but somewaht over the top on their constant conservative preachings. I'd like them to report the news, not slant the news. I only watch Fox for the HOTTIES (my bad).

The only one there that is actually fair and balanced is Bill O'Reilly. Can anyone really take the likes of Sean Hannity for that long???
    Last edited by expidia; 10-08-10 at 08:09 AM.
    10-08-10 07:12 AM
    I posted this here because I own a 9650.
    Just because you own a 9650 doesn't mean everything you post belongs in the 9650 forum. The 9650 forum even says "Device Help and Discussion".

Put things like this in the News and Rumors or the Verizon Wireless forums.
    10-08-10 07:57 AM
    Just because you own a 9650 doesn't mean everything you post belongs in the 9650 forum. The 9650 forum even says "Device Help and Discussion".

Put things like this in the News and Rumors or the Verizon Wireless forums.
    I don't see Mod next to your name??? If a "Mod" wants to move it . . . then they should. Why are you cruising every thread?
    seems to me to continue to pad up posts like your buddy???

So don't read it. No one's holding an iphone to your head. Go start your own thread with your hero . . . piguy.

Go post your OS 6 conversations in the 9650 threads instead of the OS 6 threads.

Top of thread also says help and "discussion" forum.
    Last edited by expidia; 10-08-10 at 08:29 AM.
    10-08-10 08:25 AM
    I don't see Mod next to your name??? If a "Mod" wants to move it . . . then they should. Why are you cruising every thread?
    seems to me to continue to pad up posts like your buddy???

So don't read it. No one's holding an iphone to your head. Go start your own thread with your hero . . . piguy.

Go post your OS 6 conversations in the 9650 threads instead of the OS 6 threads.

Top of thread also says help and "discussion" forum.
    Don't be smart@ss, it's not cute. You're not "discussing" the 9650; learn how the forums work, and stop posting like a noob.
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-08-10 at 08:35 AM.
    10-08-10 08:32 AM
    Riddle me this . . . why is it that a few high post padders, feel they have the need to cruise every post so they can become the self appointed "thread thread police".

I found after reading several of piguys post that he was just a troll. So I immediately put him on my ignore list. But I see many of you still converse with him on a regular basis. The reason for that is cause many of you enjoy the drama and conflict of getting in rants with him.

You probably have Jersey Shore and Housewives of Hollywood queued up your DVR???

Sorry if I broke your rules and I wanted to converse with other 9650 users as I don't care what other model users have to say. I don't cruise all the other threads like some do.

You know you can always add me to your ignore list???
    10-08-10 08:45 AM
    You probably have Jersey Shore and Housewives of Hollywood queued up your DVR???
    Someone with a family guy character for their avatar is in no position to judge anyone. Save the lame attempts at wit for the playground. Don't reply, noobie, I don't care.
    10-08-10 08:50 AM
    Sorry, I don't deal with padders and flamers.

You have reached to piguy status and have been added to my ignore list.

Have a nice life
    10-08-10 08:54 AM
    I'm not a MOD, or the THREAD POLICE....
    but I will be the VOICE of REASON.

Everybody CHILL and stop right now please.
    Before this goes any further, ok? There are people posting in this forum that I consider to be friends and I don't like how this is progressing.

Maybe the topic should have been posted somewhere else and maybe the OP could have been suggested that in a slightly different manner.

Could we leave this and move on please?
    There are no post count padders and no trolls...just people who have opinions that are different from our own. And we need to accept what they say and try to either ignore them or tolerate them as best we can.

Please. Continue the discussion of the "Phone on Verizon" here or consider this thread successfully killed. But let's stop the nonsense.

And don't blame me...I'm a teacher...we gravitate toward tolerance and peace.
    10-08-10 08:58 AM
    Thx for your voice of reason

I'm done . . . as I simply added the poster to my ignore list.

I wonder why PLKCABLE assumes a name so close to the actual Mod PKCABLE?

Seems strange doesn't it . . . a mod wanna be or is this person one and the same
    10-08-10 09:21 AM
    /Borat: That pic is a real NOT!

10-08-10 09:26 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD