Ok so replacement on the way and the rep told me it was brand new. I asked her if it was "certified like new" or in other words a refurb. She replied "no" if it was they would have to tell me so. So she confirmed it was a new device. Any truth to this? I would have thought for sure it would be a refurb. I don't really care either way as long as its a well put together/good working phone.
    07-10-09 01:00 AM
    It's going to be a refurb. I just received a warranty replacement today and it's a refurb.

Every single, warranty replacement I've gotten was a refurb. It won't be a brand new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 01:02 AM
    The device was lost so I went through the insurance dept. Would that make any difference? I'm ok with a refurb especially being that its well tested.
    07-10-09 01:05 AM
    Insurance sends refurbs as well. If you get a new device then you struck some luck.

07-10-09 01:06 AM
    Is there a special code for the ATT refurbs? Would it say fru like the Verizon ones?
    07-10-09 01:09 AM
    Is there a special code for the ATT refurbs? Would it say fru like the Verizon ones?
    I really don't know. That's the beauty of refurbs though. Equipped with new housings and LCD's. Put it up next to a new phone and can't tell the difference.

07-10-09 01:11 AM
    I really don't know. That's the beauty of refurbs though. Equipped with new housings and LCD's. Put it up next to a new phone and can't tell the difference.

I agree.... Idk why ppl complain about refurbs so much.... All it means was that it was messed up and fixed.... And since it isn't new it can't be sold as "new" so that's why they're refurbs.... Remember there's many illiterate blackberry users that for a simple os defect get their phones switched out...

07-10-09 01:14 AM
    That plus sometimes refurbs are just phones that people take back to a store after a day because they change their mind and would rather have a different model phone.

07-10-09 01:18 AM
    Hey in many cases a refurb could be better then a new device, or it could be complete crap. The point is you just never know. Hope you get lucky.
    07-10-09 01:22 AM
    Mmm... I got my phone replacement few days ago and the guy said "brand new" as well...
    07-10-09 01:57 AM
    Mmm... I got my phone replacement few days ago and the guy said "brand new" as well...
    It's a refurb lol

07-10-09 01:59 AM
    ...great. Well, it LOOKS and FEELS and WORKS brand new...so it MUST be BRAND NEW ! lol.
    07-10-09 02:05 AM
    ...great. Well, it LOOKS and FEELS and WORKS brand new...so it MUST be BRAND NEW ! lol.
    the insurance company restores them to a "like new" state. you would not be able to tell the difference
    07-10-09 10:27 AM
    Any of you guys that got your insured phones replaced ever got it the next day? I called them up last night around 7 and they said it takes 1-2 days. I'm sure it's business days and I don't really want to go without a phone for the weekend so I hope the phone can get here today. Or is there anyway I could track the phone through my AT&T account?
    07-10-09 10:35 AM
    Any of you guys that got your insured phones replaced ever got it the next day? I called them up last night around 7 and they said it takes 1-2 days. I'm sure it's business days and I don't really want to go without a phone for the weekend so I hope the phone can get here today. Or is there anyway I could track the phone through my AT&T account?
    They should have given you a tracking number. Att has nothing to do with it. It's the insurance company. And they also should have given you the option of next day delivery which is I think about $14.95 if i"m not mistaken.
    07-10-09 10:36 AM
    They send you a tracking number to your e-mail address once the phone has been shipped.

07-10-09 10:37 AM
    They send you a tracking number to your e-mail address once the phone has been shipped.

Oh ok....thanks
    07-10-09 10:38 AM
    There should be a sticker in your battery compartment that says "Refurbished" if you have indeed recieved one. Easy tell.
    07-10-09 11:52 AM
    There should be a sticker in your battery compartment that says "Refurbished" if you have indeed recieved one. Easy tell.
    I bought a refurbished blackberry bold before and it didn't say that.

07-10-09 12:17 PM
    It doesn't.
    07-10-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD