So I got my bb bold a few days ago, I have a few q's on insurance
    I have already have a 1/2 cm. Crack on the top right screen which doesn't affect anything just realy bothers me.....
    I called the verizon guy and he wasn't clear and it seemed like he wasn't too educated in the subject
    -what is the difference between the 6 dollar a month and 8 dollar a month plan? (In detail please) (what do I get with 6 and what do I get with 8)
    -how much is it to buy the phone after broken damaged stolen etc...
    Add any extra info u may have on insurance thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 06:51 PM
    well since you have a blackberry you can not get the six dollar plan, that is for regular phones, not smartphones. when you file a claim it will be a 90 dollar deductible, they also offer a regular plan that just covers the phone, not the battery or accesories which is 6 dollars. meaning when you file a claim you only get a phone, no battery, holster, earbuds, or charger, and the ductible is 50 dollars. the only good thing about this plan is if you dont get your phone stolen, cause if it does you have to find your own battery, which will be around another 30-40 dollars.

and as far as the crack goes, if your still under the 30 days that youve had the phone verizon should replace it free of charge because of their standard 30 day warranty.

heres a link to the verizon forums where there is a table of coverages. around a 1/4 of the way into the topic, Re: Asurion Insurance - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community
    07-06-10 07:49 PM
    Yes you can get a $6/month insurance plan for a BlackBerry.

$6 - WPP (Wireless Phone Protection) - regular insurance with NO extended warranty
    $8 - TEC (Total Equipment Coverage) - regular insurance with extended warranty.

Both have $89 deductibles per claim.
    Last edited by BB.David; 07-06-10 at 08:11 PM.
    07-06-10 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD