I'm wondering if havin 4 seperate accounts going on at once ( Yahoo,Gtalk,AIM,MSN )uses more memory than having 1 clientel to run then all. Any help appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 01:07 AM
    I'm wondering if havin 4 seperate accounts going on at once ( Yahoo,Gtalk,AIM,MSN )uses more memory than having 1 clientel to run then all. Any help appreciated

Great question! Have you done a good search on this? I personally havent seen a thread on this and all I use now is Gtalk. May have to do some testing yourself and you will know exactly how memory plays with each IM app or something like palringo or instango.

Good Luck and look forward to the results.
    06-29-09 01:40 AM
    For sure having 4 apps running is worse than 1, especially since they're all of the same type. Try beejive or IM+, they will take care of that. Also, if you really like gtalk, you could do that IM transport idea, and then connect all your accounts into GTALK (which I used to do, and didn't like) Now I use both beejive and IM+, and the original clients sometimes.
    06-29-09 01:47 AM
    Definitely will use more memory. If you want free, try:

Instango

WebMessenger

EQO
    06-29-09 01:52 AM
    Also BeeJive has a 30 day free trial.

IM+ has a 7 day free trial.

BeeJive is the better of the two though.

06-29-09 05:19 AM
    What about using Palringo, that handles multiple im services and includes facebook chat and it's free as well.

06-29-09 05:32 AM
    I use instango and I love it. Much much more convienent than having all four.

06-29-09 05:40 AM
    BeeJive is what I recommend, its well worth the money ^.^

06-29-09 06:41 AM
    BeeJive is what I recommend, its well worth the money ^.^

+1
    10 char
    06-29-09 08:35 AM
    Thanks All,
    I've tried IM+ 7 day trial ( not to fond of it) and now I'm trying the 30 day trial for BeeHive..so far I like this one better.
    06-29-09 11:26 AM
    Thanks All,
    I've tried IM+ 7 day trial ( not to fond of it) and now I'm trying the 30 day trial for BeeHive..so far I like this one better.
    Good, keep using it, familiarize yourself with the application. Its a good investment, like I said before, well worth its cost ^.^
    06-29-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD