So I've been trying out different IM clients, mainly trying to find the one that uses the least amount of battery. Currently using Instango, and it is sucking it dry. I leave it on for about 5 hours at work and my battery is at half or less already.

I used the trial of Beejive, didn't seem as bad, but still a lot.

My main question is, has anyone tried using the Push feature of IM+? I tried searching for some reviews on it, but I guess the search is way to vague and I can't find anything.

Does the Push work well and does it still suck down the battery? Any other AIM clients that are not as harsh on battery?
    06-18-09 10:23 PM
    WSFrazier: Give IM+ a try. Trial is 7 days free.
    Download from SHAPE's web or wapsite.
    06-19-09 06:40 AM
    I use Beejive exclusively. It gets push notification just like the email app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 07:18 AM
    IM+ does the same lol
    06-19-09 07:30 AM
    I didn't think BeeJive did push (via email).

The IM+ push works OK. It sends an email (I usually set my blackberry.net address to receive them - more instantaneous that way), but sometime replying back using the email results in some extra stuff in your IM message. So I essentially use the push feature just to be notified, and then I logon to IM+ and actively engage the contact from there. Only things you really have to be careful about is to make sure you deactivate the IM+ feature before upgrading or removing it. Otherwise, your "offline" push will continue to receive notifications. (And if you re-install, you'll get duplicates, etc.)
    06-19-09 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD