I am getting error code 606 and I understand that I need to reinstall the OS. When I do the procedure with app loader my computer keeps recognizing the port for my usb. I am not getting the option where it can't recognize the port and then I immediately hit "next" where the program then loads etc. What am I doing wrong?
    10-04-13 06:49 AM
    HI which phone do you have? Need some more info...you are sure you have downloaded / or have already got the correct OS on your computer, right? Secondly, to be clear, you are NOT having problems with the computer identifying your BB, correct? What else do you see when you do this procedure you describe? Have you done a re-boot of the computer and a battery pull of your blackberry and started everything over again? Do you have anything like a white screen on your BB? Anything different/weird going on with the phone itself (solid red light, white screen, anything?)....if you can provide a couple more details, myself or someone else can help you out....(do a backup if you can? or can you?). I guess knowing what you have done, and what state the phone is in, would help (help me at least).
    10-04-13 07:28 AM
    Actually, take a look at the link below and see if you can get some useful info you need out of that article rather than me (trying) to explain it here (why re-invent the wheel if you don't have to, right)!? If you have trouble after reading the link, just write back here. If your phone is at the point that it needs that trick where you reboot your BB with the BB plugged into your computer via USB but WITHOUT the battery in the back (when you have a solid red light / LED etc), and you can't quite get it to work either, also write back...sometimes it can take a couple times or can be a matter of timing...don't give up regardless of what the problem is, people here are really good at helping... but read this link and/or related 606 posts...and let us know a bit more maybe if you can after trying a battery pull and a computer reboot as I mentioned above. Good luck!

How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    10-04-13 07:38 AM
    Hi, I have the bold 9900. I am getting a white screen with the error code 606. I do have the most up to date OS on my computer. When I initially plug the phone via usb the desktop manager program runs "connecting" but never actually connects. I have tried it with the battery in and out, same result. Reboot the computer also. When I run the app loader program at the point where the screen tells me to plug in my phone there is a drop down list which lists what communication port I am using, my phone is listed here. But I don't want the port listed here, I need it to say "can't identify the port" which is only on the screen for a second at which point I am to press "next". This step, from what I have read is required so it avoids the "feedback loop" the phone is in. I am not getting the screen that tells me what I want of the OS I want installed. I hope I am explaining this well and I appreciate your patience.
    10-04-13 07:49 AM
    That is the link I am using to try the OS install. I am not getting the message " USB pin unknown". When I plug in the phone an actual number is coming up.
    10-04-13 07:53 AM