Hello,
    I have 9000 Bold, which doesn't recognise any sim card. the phone is unlocked, after typing MEPD every line is "disabled". all i can see after putting every single sim card is "insert sim card" and sos only. i've checked golden sim joints, everything seems to be fine with the sim slot. but there is one thing that may cause the problem. i found out, that there is one missing piece on the mainboard next to the sim slot, on the left side. i've made a photo of it. do you think, that this missing piece has an influance on my problem? what can you suggest me? I would be very grateful for every piece of advice.
    Attached Thumbnails "insert sim card" sos only, missing piece on the mainboard-gniazdo-sim.jpg  
    05-14-13 03:13 PM
    Hello,
    I have 9000 Bold, which doesn't recognise any sim card. the phone is unlocked, after typing MEPD every line is "disabled". all i can see after putting every single sim card is "insert sim card" and sos only. i've checked golden sim joints, everything seems to be fine with the sim slot. but there is one thing that may cause the problem. i found out, that there is one missing piece on the mainboard next to the sim slot, on the left side. i've made a photo of it. do you think, that this missing piece has an influance on my problem? what can you suggest me? I would be very grateful for every piece of advice.
    I would suggest that it is a Hardware Malfunction and to have it replaced by the carrier or BB
    05-14-13 03:27 PM
    I'm affraid that it's not the point. The phone is second-hand, a previous owner told me, that "insert sim card" error happened suddenly after replacing a sim card.
    05-15-13 01:26 AM
    Hi everyone, I've found a solution to my problem. Blackberry 9000 Insert Sim Solution .I replaced that black resistor and add that missing white-blue resistor. It works fine. Best wishes.
    05-28-13 09:52 AM