How can I listen to any internet radio station that I chose to listen to on my bold? I usually listen to progressive metal and I have a couple I listen to on my computer but would like to listen to them when I'm at work(on my breaks)
    06-14-09 10:20 AM
    And there is also "Slacker" radio for BlackBerry. Either of these are two good choices. Pandora lets you create your own personal radio stations.

I created three: Classical, Neil Young, and Reggae. There are other threads on CrackBerry about this subject. I don't believe you can stream other Internet radio stations but I don't know that for sure.
    06-14-09 10:37 AM
    i second Pandora, best by far for internet radio and you specify what type of content it plays.
    06-14-09 11:28 AM
    And there is also "Slacker" radio for BlackBerry. Either of these are two good choices. Pandora lets you create your own personal radio stations.

I created three: Classical, Neil Young, and Reggae. There are other threads on CrackBerry about this subject. I don't believe you can stream other Internet radio stations but I don't know that for sure.
    Since I'm a low poster I had to eliminate the url so this post can go through.

Then Pandora and slacker won't work since I want to listen to those two,but I've just now heard about Orb that might work(requiring me to use my personal computer and stream my fav stations that way)
    06-14-09 01:34 PM
    Pandora isn't literally radio stations. Rather, it plays for you songs, one after another, which it selects on the basis of your ever-growing inputs of preferences. It's a cool licensing arrangement and I like Pandora; but it ain't radio.

I recommend WWOZ, the non-profit "New Orleans sound," available over the internet. They also have a low-rez stream which has turned out to be pretty effective on my BB even when I'm not on a wi-fi hot-spot. Go to WWOZ.org with a real computer for starters. Or point your BB browser to http://www.wwoz.org/listen/lo if you want to just jump right in.
    06-14-09 02:41 PM
    May I suggest Moodio, if you want to listen to live radio.

Welcome to Moodio! | Moodio
    Last edited by BigBadWolf; 06-14-09 at 02:46 PM.
    06-14-09 02:43 PM
    Moodio (as mentioned by BBW) or iheartradio
    06-14-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD