This happens intermittently. When some calls me it doesn't show me there name and even though they are in my contacts???

I did hard reset already...
    02-07-11 04:30 PM
    Seen this happen with a Pearl recently, it's most likely due to memory lacking. Go into your options > status and see what the section "File Free" says next to it. You should have at least 5-10 million bytes for the phone to operate it's normal functions without hesitation or issue. Others will tell you it doesn't require that much but they're simply incorrect and a lot of experience with phones has proven such.
    02-07-11 11:54 PM
    What I have seen in the past is that the contact is not properly entered in the device. I use xxx-xxx-xxxx even for local numbers. OP, try that and see if it works afterwards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 11:56 PM
    Some OS versions have this issue, others not. I can use with or without hyphenation.
    02-08-11 12:05 AM
    I meant to add the area code, not necessarily the hyphens. I am sorry for the confusion.
    02-08-11 12:10 AM
    Do you have a private or blocked number and do you have the *82 before the phone #? If you do then I am having the same issue with my 9700. Everything was fine up until I was using the .409 version on ATT and after that I started having this problem and have not been able to correct the problem since then.
    02-08-11 02:40 AM
    It is a problem with the OS, that's all I can guess. Maybe take the issue up with AT&T or like I would do, just deal with it and answer the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 02:50 AM
    Have u crypted your contacs?

Test if the contacts are shown while the device is unlocked
    02-09-11 08:02 AM
    i updated to OS 6 and still having the problem.
    I tried changing # format and i have enough bytes...
    03-05-11 08:26 PM
    i think the problem is if the keypad is password locked it just shows the # can someone confirm
    08-11-11 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD