Hey everyone! I've tried searching the forums but i can't find an answer..
    Anyway,
    When someone calls me I keep on getting 'unknown number' - but I know the number isn't set as unknown, it appears as the person's name/number from other phones. I've tried going into options >security options >general settings, and my include contacts is 'yes'.

Is it my service provider, or is there something else I have to do on my bb?
    06-04-09 02:04 AM
    could it be due to the format you have their number saved as on your phone?
    06-04-09 02:07 AM
    I tried saving a number as an international code, and without, and both times appeared as 'unknown number'. And when I call from a number that is not registered in my phone it also shows up as 'unknown number'
    06-04-09 02:11 AM
    in my menu, options >security options >general settings, and my include contacts is set to "no". was it doing this before? it might be a network issue. was it working properly at all before?

i cant find any option that would make someones number show up as unknown unless their phone was set to restrict it or theres a problem with your provider or network. i dont think theres any way or anything you can do on your phone to fix this issue. caller ID is sent by the network, depending on what the callers settings are, not yours.
    06-04-09 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD