What a bunch of whiners.
    If by whiner you mean someone who ISN'T blindsided by the ever progressing competition, then YES.

These aren't outlandish requests, some of the complaints by customers are small things that RIM should've thought of. If they keep their head in the gutter thinking everything's all roses, that's fine, but don't expect RIM to be anywhere near the top. They aren't there yet, but RIM is so dam slow at making changes.
    Last edited by itch808; 07-06-09 at 11:05 PM.
    07-06-09 11:03 PM
    So go get something that you deem to be better.
    07-06-09 11:08 PM
    What a bunch of whiners.
    I'm sorry guys but I have to agree with him...I love my BOLD and I've gone through quite a few phones...the only thing that bugs me is the 2.0megapixel camera...but whatever i have a digi cam and worst case i can use the N95 5.0 megapixel...anyways you guys should change your phones if your not happy...and lastly I can't wait to see what this new OS is gonna b like...where can i see screens shots of it...if there are any.
    07-07-09 03:13 PM
    So go get something that you deem to be better.
    How about you READ posts rather than jumping to conclusions.

All you do is post about us "whining"...LEARN TO READ.
    07-07-09 05:47 PM
    How about you READ posts rather than jumping to conclusions.

All you do is post about us "whining"...LEARN TO READ.
    Fact is you are "whining"...

You've complained about the shortcomings of the BB OS ad nauseum...
    You've pretty well accused BlackBerry developers of sitting on their backsided oblivious to these so-called "problems"...
    (Personally, I think it's bloody marvelous that they've been able to release OS'es that run remarkably well on MULTIPLE devices with many H/W configurations).

Ya... You're whining.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 06:14 PM
    Someone DIRECTLY asked me a question me "Like what" referring to what improvements could be made.

I answered the question, and now people are crying about it. I can't please all the babies but I do answer questions.
    07-07-09 06:24 PM
    There is no objective debate over "which smartphone is best" - probably whatever you want is best for you. "Best" is a relative term. The whole debate is subjective.
    07-07-09 06:35 PM
    I feel like if RIM doesn't make a drastic change to there OS with 5.0 than they never will.
    That doesn't make any sense...
    07-07-09 06:45 PM
    -Sub par browser
    -Still no TRUE threaded SMS
    -Needs frequent battery pulls/soft resets, constant memory leaks
    -Original OS on carrier sold phones are buggy as **** (eg .167 on ATT)--bad for BB newbs
    -Despite a FAST processor, OS lags at times (dreaded clock symbol)
    -feels dated compared to the competition
    -Missing simple standard features that we've all made up for with apps (eg. BuzzMe)
    -Simple touches like being able to configure the LED for different tasks/emails would be nice. Having a LED is a great convenience, but what's the point when you can't even customize it?
    -etc etc etc.
    I agree some of those would be nice but the competition has just as many niggling issues.
    Take the iPhone for example, with the 3.0 update the original 3G has become laggy on many tasks and often needs an iTunes reset. Apple even stop you from making up for their shortfalls with 3rd party apps (mms, video, cut/paste, etc...). The 3GS has battery life and heat issues.
    Or the N97, it's interface looks dated and though it does have some nice features it is awfully buggy.
    Or the Pre, symbol support in text fields, necessary battery pulls, calendar synch issues, etc...

If there was one perfect phone then we would all be using it but different people have different requirements and you can't expect a company to tailor to everyone's. No matter which phone you choose you will be able to produce a list of issues/bugs that is just as long if not longer.
    07-12-09 09:21 PM
    What competitive market? RIM couldn't care less if they don't appeal to the young adult crowd when they have contracts with companies for tens of thousands of bb's at a time.

Well that's not true.
    Our company is small and we are going to go all winmo next year and so is the rest of the building,(due to a strong wino sales force) that's over 5,000 phones that BB will loose come November 2009. Why?? because we have a new generation of workforce and they want more and feel that winmo will give them what Rim cant.

I will hang on to my BB as long as I can for work.
    07-12-09 09:57 PM
    I agree some of those would be nice but the competition has just as many niggling issues.
    Take the iPhone for example, with the 3.0 update the original 3G has become laggy on many tasks and often needs an iTunes reset. Apple even stop you from making up for their shortfalls with 3rd party apps (mms, video, cut/paste, etc...). The 3GS has battery life and heat issues.
    Or the N97, it's interface looks dated and though it does have some nice features it is awfully buggy.
    Or the Pre, symbol support in text fields, necessary battery pulls, calendar synch issues, etc...

If there was one perfect phone then we would all be using it but different people have different requirements and you can't expect a company to tailor to everyone's. No matter which phone you choose you will be able to produce a list of issues/bugs that is just as long if not longer.
    Couldn't have said it any better. I've had a winmo phone, my dad has an iPhone, and my roommate has a G1...none of us has the best phone, we have what we like

07-12-09 10:16 PM
    to me 5.0 is very crucial. we can get the new bbm with 5.0. add skyfire along with those 2, and we have a happy blackberry user.
    07-12-09 10:17 PM
    For everyone craving all these features that BlackBerry is lacking, or sub-par... Go check out the other phones that interest you. IPhone, Pre, etc. I owned both, IPhone for nearly a year, Pre for only 2 weeks. After its all said and done, I prefer BlackBerry the most. I'm very glad I tried the other phones though, because now I know what each one can do, and how each one fits my needs. I understand asking for new things, but some people need to get real...

07-12-09 10:46 PM
    its crazy to me how when most BB users talk about the iPhone they try and nit pick every little thing, what its missing, what it can and cant do, yet when a few BB owners suggest some new things that can be added to the upcoming BB OS, we're "whining". Listen don't be so ignorant, BlackBerry's are far from perfect, we're just trying to discuss how BB can be made better. We're not bashing the phone, just saying it'd be nice if a few changes were made. Simple threaded sms, better browser, things like that can and will make the phone better. Surely everyone on here loves their berry's but not all of us are against change.
    07-13-09 04:10 PM
    Well for me its as simple as this.

Time to write and send email:

Bold: 30 seconds

iPhone: 10 minutes (not including mistakes)

Bold > iPhone

End.
    07-13-09 04:30 PM
    Interesting conversation going on here... I don't know what to add other that I just ordered a new iphone 3gS a few hours ago.

I have used blackberry most my adult phone buying, I have owned the 8700, 8300, 8310 and currently own the bold(9000). I decided to buy the iphone mainly because of the mobile interent surfing and ability to rent movies from itunes to view.

All these arguments about bb and iphone are pointless. Everyone has their idea of what the perfect phone is for them.

Either way, I will be selling my 9000 soon(i hope). I know the shortcomings of the iphone(owned 2and currently my girl has one), but my needs have changed and i'm bored of the blackberry bold...
    07-13-09 06:00 PM
    Jesus I didn't even know it was possible to whine about being called a whiner.
    07-13-09 06:19 PM
    I just hope they have threaded SMS, it doesn't seem like this would be too hard to implement.
    07-13-09 08:31 PM
    omg seriously guys just because you own blackberries doesnt mean you have to lie. i have a bold and i hate this thing. its a $300 phone and i have to do battery pull every day and it lags and dont say its only me because its not. RIM isnt innovative and i will never ever buy a blackberry again. i recommend to everyone to not buy one. When i bought it i knew i wasn't going to have an app store on par with the iphone's but seriously look at the apps, $5 for facelift. $5 for quicklaunch a program which is based on shortcuts.and please feel free to bash my comments because i'm probably not going to return to this thread. just wanted to get my two cents in.
    07-13-09 08:40 PM

the StarTac was the **** and could not be f#$ked with. Hands Down
    07-13-09 09:14 PM
    Seriously, what is SO bad about the OS that warrants all this whining?

you cant save apps to micro sc card which is beyond lame os doesnt support graphics acceleration which is a bit minus for the storm and tour because they have some pretty beefy graphic power that isnt being used as far as cell phones go those 2 things are my only gripes abotu the os the rest is fine to me they fix those 2 ui isnt really that bad cuz we can make custom themes but the themes would be alot smoother and the phone would perform better i dont know about the other berries thoguh because they only have one cpu on them but im pretty sure they are able to do some graphic processing just not on the lv as the storm and tour can or could if rim would get their act together
    07-13-09 09:28 PM
    I wonder if any of the developers from RIM actually read these threads and go to work on some of our suggestions or if we are all smply bickering amongst ourselves?

This thread started with a legit question of what does 5.0 mean to you? And turned into a 'I hate my phone, his phone, their phones and all of you whiners' thread.

Personally, I'm running 5.0.0.93 and I'm pretty happy with it. No facebook sucks, but I'm learning to live with the mobile site. No google talk is helping me not chat to colleges and therefore not work when I'm not at the office.
    I've had a couple of reboots, but my dad just bought a brand new bold running stock att os and it rebooted twice today.

I cnan wait for the final release to get the apps working.

As far as what I would like to see in 5. Threaded txting is a nice to have not a need to have. My number 1 need to have is tabbed browsing, and if they improve the browser of make this skyfire thing work then bonus.

07-13-09 09:29 PM
    If your expecting a major overhaul of the BB OS in 5.0 you will be very dissapointed. RIM has never been known for having the "neatest" operating systems. I personally like it and look forward to 5.0. But i know that it will never be as great as Iphone OS. In the future i would say RIM has no choice but to revamp the OS. But for now the changes are not that drastic. It is basically 4.6/4.7 with a few new features.. Same look and feel
    07-13-09 10:05 PM
    I think it's been said before and will be repeated. If you are mainly looking for a device to surf the web; stick with the iphone.
    I switched from the IPhone to the Bold almost solely for the QWERTY keyboard and the ease of quick texting and replies to emails.
    If you lean on your device for more business application than for entertainment; You will not be disappointed.
    07-13-09 10:41 PM
    omg seriously guys just because you own blackberries doesnt mean you have to lie. i have a bold and i hate this thing. its a $300 phone and i have to do battery pull every day and it lags and dont say its only me because its not. RIM isnt innovative and i will never ever buy a blackberry again. i recommend to everyone to not buy one. When i bought it i knew i wasn't going to have an app store on par with the iphone's but seriously look at the apps, $5 for facelift. $5 for quicklaunch a program which is based on shortcuts.and please feel free to bash my comments because i'm probably not going to return to this thread. just wanted to get my two cents in.
    - I do a reset maybe once every 2-3 days. Not because I have to, because I want to.
    - I have not experienced serious lag since I got the phone.
    - I do not need an app store since I'd rather not pay for things as my budget is tight right now.

Just because you hate the phone doesn't mean everyone does. I personally love my bold, and wouldn't go to anything else.
    07-14-09 01:10 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD