Let me explain my story...I have a BBSOCIAL plan with Rogers (unlimited FB,Twitter,BBM, etc.) but no data plan. On my 9700 (the phone that I've got the plan with 2 years ago) i couldn't use the email application (you are currently on a service plan that does not support this...) and i was not able to add my email account to it (you are currently....).

I've bought a second hand 9900 and i successfully added my email account to it and i can now receive my emails on it (i'm not suppose to have this feature according to my plan), but can't compose them (you are currently blablabla...).

I downloaded iMazing off BBW and now when i receive an email i can reply to it through that app(note that i'm not even suppose to be able to receive my emails...) but if I go into messages and click "compose email" or "reply" it tells me "you are currently blablabla". So WTF.... why is this feature working?!?! (i'm glad it is tho) (BTW it's been 2 months and i'm not getting charged for it... ). Has it ever happen to anyone? (BTW Whatsapp messenger, blackberry Traffic and blackberry protect are also working when on my 9700 they were not because i had no data plan).

On a side note, I've bought my gf a second hand 9900 that she's using with Telus (no contract) and for the past 2 months she has not added $ to her account (0$ balance) and she's still able to receive/send sms. Another WTF!

and on a final note forgive me if i have any spelling mistakes i'm from Montral so i'm more familiar with french when it comes to writing...
    02-28-13 04:18 AM
    well, that happens in Romania too. There's a 4 euros/month prepaid plan with full BIS except for emails. But email works on my 9900, both sending and receiving. I didn't ask my provider why , but i'm happy it happens .
    02-28-13 11:34 AM