Hi all I was just looking for help with unlocking my phone. Does this only need to be done once? If its unlocked and I put a sim card in it will it lock to that carrier? I have a 9900 on its way from my carrier and would like to unlock and sell my 9780 but don't know if I can unlock it now and still use it until the new device arrives or do I need to wait and unlock it when I'm done with it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 06:47 PM
    08-18-11 07:02 PM
    Thanks. This link had the info I needed. Pssstt..wanna buy an unlocked 9780? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 08:04 PM
    lol ... It will not get locked to the carrier that you choose the sim from ...
    08-18-11 10:43 PM
    Blackberry unlocking is simply disabling a security setting on the device that sets a "SIM lock".

After your Blackberry unlocking is done you won't need to unlock it any more..
    you just insert the sim card into the sim slot and it will work with the carrier's sim card.

Switching sim cards won't effect the unlocking, also you can safely wipe your device and update OS versions - to unlocked blackberry will stay unlocked.
    08-19-11 03:26 PM
    I love blackberry unlocking.. Nothing like trying to unlock an iPhone and keeping it unlocked. Never had a problem with anything and I travel around a lot buying all sorts of SIM cards.
    08-20-11 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD