Hey everyone,

I just started working for AT&T on Monday, and I'm getting the Bold! I currently have the T-Mobile Curve 8900, other than the obvious physical looks and features, what differences will I see? (I've been in training this whole time and haven't spent anytime with the phones yet).

I've held the phone briefly, I hear people say it's bulky, but non of those owned a Bold, so I want some feedback from real Bold users
    08-05-09 10:24 PM
    Prior to the 8900 I currently have I used a Bold exclusively. I
    liked the screen and especially the keyboard but I honestly do
    not miss it's size.

Two other things to consider is the 8900
    has twice the user addressable memory, a higher resolution
    screen and a much better camera. The 8900 does not have 3G.

The 8900 just feels better in my hands, but
    this really is a personal preference thing.
    08-05-09 10:47 PM
    Man....
    Honestly I dont think you can get a better phone today... The BOLD is awesome...the only thing that could make it better is having more on board memory...
    08-05-09 10:48 PM
    I have fat fingers and honestly the keyboard is GREAT. It will be wider than the 8900 but it is not too big. Just comfortable. Nice screen too. Love my Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 10:54 PM
    I was just looking at the specs.. does having less on-board memory make a big difference from the 8900?
    08-05-09 11:03 PM
    I'm a bigger guy and the Bold fits perfectly in my hand. I can type with one hand pretty easily if I want to and using both hands just works perfectly. It has a gorgeous screen, the sound is excellent. It's just an amazing device.

Chris
    08-05-09 11:07 PM
    I just turned in a Bold today and went with the Tour on Verizon. I have had the Bold on the 30 day tryout since July 17.

You are going to love the Bold! It broke my heart to give it up but it was a matter of coverage of the 3G system here in Florida. AT&T has good signal strength in the northern half of Florida and along both coasts but the middle from central Florida south is not served by 3G. I just could not take the chance of a 2 year contract since I may move from the Tampa area into the dead zone. Verizon does cover any area I may move to so I picked up the Tour 3 days ago. As far as I am concerned the Bold is twice the phone the Tour is. I know that if AT&T adds to their service area for 3G I would go back in a minute. In two years this may happen and it will probably be at least two models past the Bold since the Onyx is already in the wings to replace it.

I spent the last 3 days testing the Tour against the Bold and the Bold came out ahead. It is faster and the calls are landline quality. I don't know if AT&T's technology is better than Verizon's but there is definately a difference in sound quality between the phones. It may also be that comparing the Bold to the Tour is like comparing a Semi to a minni cooper.

If you haven't guessed by now, I think you are going to be very happy with the Bold.
    08-05-09 11:09 PM
    I have snusage fingers also ,and love the bold ,it is simply the best out there right now and my wifi is great.screen res is a thumbs up too.I did have some issues with hardware ie; phone didn't ring and the second phone would not fire up 4hours after I got home But since that got straightened away its been happy days. ,now if I can only figure out how to make a callblock app work I'll be all set.

08-05-09 11:10 PM
    I just turned in a Bold today and went with the Tour on Verizon. I have had the Bold on the 30 day tryout since July 17.

You are going to love the Bold! It broke my heart to give it up but it was a matter of coverage of the 3G system here in Florida. AT&T has good signal strength in the northern half of Florida and along both coasts but the middle from central Florida south is not served by 3G. I just could not take the chance of a 2 year contract since I may move from the Tampa area into the dead zone. Verizon does cover any area I may move to so I picked up the Tour 3 days ago. As far as I am concerned the Bold is twice the phone the Tour is. I know that if AT&T adds to their service area for 3G I would go back in a minute. In two years this may happen and it will probably be at least two models past the Bold since the Onyx is already in the wings to replace it.

I spent the last 3 days testing the Tour against the Bold and the Bold came out ahead. It is faster and the calls are landline quality. I don't know if AT&T's technology is better than Verizon's but there is definately a difference in sound quality between the phones. It may also be that comparing the Bold to the Tour is like comparing a Semi to a minni cooper.

If you haven't guessed by now, I think you are going to be very happy with the Bold.
    Great info! I'm hearing very good things about the Bold! I was kind of sad that the Curve 8900 wasn't on the list for me to pick just yet, because it's too new. I'm looking forward to getting my Bold by the end of the week.

Either way, I'm very excited about the Onyx! I'm definitely saving my money to get one the minute they hit my store!
    08-05-09 11:13 PM
    Welcome aboard !!!
    08-06-09 02:24 AM
    I love my bold. Great phone, and works amazing. Haven't used the 8900 so I can't give you any differences, but I will say that I've had a pearl before and played with a curve, and the bold is SO much better. U will love ur phone
    08-06-09 02:59 AM
    LOVE MY BOLD, and you'll love yours too(I'm sure)

08-06-09 10:34 AM
    I went from a Pearl, to the 8900 to the Bold in less than 10 months. I miss the sleekness of the Pearl, and the camera of the 8900, but in all reality, the Bold is the best.

I too have pretty big hands and the keyboard on the Bold is stunning for large hands. Oh yeah, the 8900 keyboard is noisy with clicks when your press the keys. The Bold is sleek and sexy.

You will like it big-time.
    08-06-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD