well been on hols in new zealand for 5 weeks and now back getting the bold was first thing on my mind but having had a quick look on the forum I am seeing a a lot of issues with battery life dropping calls 3g battery life etc etc, can anybody on orange UK update me please?

are thes faults an OS issue?
    how long before these are being shipped from orange with the .126 OS?
    is anybody's bold running OK on the OS that it shipped with?
    average battery life??

and just generally from orange UK customers their thoughts on the bold, my upgrade is due and I want it bad (and my local store has 2 in stock) but these issues are putting me off. Dont really want to do the T MOBILE .126 OS upgrade to a brand new handset
    08-27-08 12:30 PM
    Im not in the UK but rather Canada and I've had my bold since the release here (aug 21st) and everything is fine with the default .125 . Im not dropping out of 3g and the phone runs perfectly. Battery life isnt bad for a 3g device, I get a solid day with heavy use. If I dont use the internet to much I can get a solid 2 days but with these 3g smart phones your going to have to charge them a bit more often!
    08-27-08 12:37 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Any orange UK users out there that can also update me??

Thanks in advance
    08-27-08 12:48 PM
    Hey

Orange are pissing me about with my Bold, but that's another story. During my brief stint with it, I can confirm that, firstly, installing .126 works fine, but note that it might break your warranty (you can always downgrade again).

Anyway:
    1) Battery life was a bit crap. I had to charge it twice over the weekend, but that could be down to me playing with it all w/e and having 3G and WiFi on Turning 3G off certainaly increases the battery life.

2) .126 allegedly fixes the 3G/2G handover issues, and various other network type issues.

The one issue I'm having (and lots of other people it seems) is that Orange seem to be hiding Blackberry Maps, for whatever good reason they might claim. Installing Google Maps skirts round the issue, but hey, it's the princple, right?
    08-27-08 12:56 PM
    mmmmmm thanks for that response, decisions decisions. Yeah it is def the principle with the maps issue.

I really dont want to be and dont feel I should have to be updating the OS with a warranty voiding version on the day of purchase to fix bugs.

How long (if atall) do you think it may be before orange ship with the .126 version ?? is it just a question of waiting for the next "batch" so to speak

Thanks.
    08-27-08 01:04 PM
    Orange user who is on the old os here.

This is my first Blackberry and im very happy with it. its lost signal twice in a week and a half but i think thats ok. As for battery life im getting around 2 days with bluetooth always on and wifi always on. I find the issues people are having interesting but ive had alot of new model mobile phones and they all have bugs, i dont see this as any different other than the fact that it seems pretty stable to me.
    08-27-08 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the reply, can I ask what OS you are running and what it ships with currently??

Do you think it will shortly ship with the new .126 OS??

Thanks, and yes I agree new model phones nearly all have minor bugs

Thanks again.
    08-27-08 01:40 PM
    Orange should, if they're listening, be releasing .126 in a few weeks (can hope, anyway). It'll be on the new batches after that, they'll want to seell their inventory of .92 devices first.
    08-27-08 01:41 PM
    thanks for the reply , I'd like to say I am going to hang on for the .126 batches but patience not my strong poing LOL!

is there any way of knowing when the bold will be shipping with the .126 OS??

Thanks
    08-27-08 01:47 PM
    Welcome back bodisaffa, hope you had a good holiday

If Orange releases devices with a later OS later then they will also put this OS on their downloads page for those who want/need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 01:54 PM
    no idea, once its on the orange part of the Blackberry website ill upgrade to it but until then i'll stick with what i have.
    08-27-08 01:54 PM
    Thanks Hazy, great time in NZ 5 weeks away.......sucks to be back but hey **.

Well I just checke dthe orange downloads site and there is NO OS listed for the bold at the moment so maybe they are updating, think I will TRY and hang on for the .126 OS

Thanks again Hazy and all
    08-27-08 01:57 PM
    There was a Bold OS there recently so maybe they are in the process of updating it??

Fingers crossed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 02:00 PM
    Yeah it was on there but just checked again and nothing for the bold on there now,, hopefully updating.....thanks again.
    08-27-08 02:07 PM
    thanks for the reply , I'd like to say I am going to hang on for the .126 batches but patience not my strong poing LOL!

is there any way of knowing when the bold will be shipping with the .126 OS??

Thanks

I think when Orange release a new OS on their site, it's a fairly safe assumption to say it'll be preloaded on their phones.

I wouldn't worry too much about having the latest OS on the handset - it's literally a 10 minute job to update to the latest (more stable) release.

The chances are, even when they get around to shipping the Bolds with .126, .134 (which phonegeek says is doing internal testing now) will be out for download to install cos of the time it takes to load the OS on the devices, and ship them out etc.
    08-27-08 02:46 PM
    thanks for the reply, I notice you have the bold running OS .126 , how was it prior to this?

I just checked the orange blackberry downloads page and there is no sign of the bold being listed as a device, so maybe they are currently updating as the bold was listed as a device a few days ago when I checked.

I know its not a huge Job to upgrade not long put OS 4.5 on my curve but I just dont fancy putting the warranty invlalidaing t-mobile onto a brand new bold, will hang on for orange hopefully as I say they are updating now

Thanks again
    08-27-08 02:52 PM
    Didn't really get a chance to gage it before I updated, as literally updated it the day after I got it (as soon as the new OS came out).

A mate of mine has one and his was quite unstable - losing reception and reboots - but the upgrade to .126 seems to have sorted it.

If you are nervous about upgrading, wise to wait until Orange preload at least .126 on their devices. But......as I say, the rest of us will probably be on at least .134 by then!

Remember you can always downgrade the handset back to .92 if you ever need to send the handset back to Orange.

Yeah have just checked Orange's download site and noticed .92 removed - so maybe a new OS release is imminent!
    08-27-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD