I've been fooling with the thing quite a bit (first day with it).

I've tested the volume, sound quality, bluetooth, photo quality, etc...

So far, no issues whatsoever. The photo quality is REAL nice... it retains its sharpness even when zooming in. Seriously, the photos don't look "cell phone-ish" at all.

I have updated to the latest .7** version of the OS and that went perfectly... downloaded some free programs... and no issues.

Actually, the Flickr app seems to be hit or miss on whether it manages to upload a photo to the flickr web sight. That's how it was on my old Curve 8330, too. Any ideas on that.

For now, I'm seeking a Bold 9650 friendly free theme... one that shows appointments *at all times* ...and maybe messages too...on the home screen.

I bought the Tour months ago, but that things felt marginal... something not quite right. This one feels good... solid... stable...and snappy.... like it knows what it's doing.

BF
    06-13-10 04:00 PM
    confession... the BOLD 9650 is awesome, especially after starting with the original Pearl, Curve, Storm1 and 2... Tour and now the BOLD 9650 in which I'm very pleased with my purchase
    06-13-10 04:12 PM
    did you really need another thread to say this?
    06-13-10 04:13 PM
    Well, I'm seeing an almost continuous stream of internet-typical complaints.

This is not just a "yet another"... in fact, this topic is rather rare by comparison!

Granted, it's not terribly useful except for those looking to buy who may be getting the impression that this Bold is a broken design.

BF
    06-13-10 04:36 PM
    Congrats on your new Berry!
    06-13-10 04:41 PM
    yes, the Bold 9650 is amazing hands down the best Blackberry on the market
    06-13-10 04:42 PM
    did you really need another thread to say this?
    You saw the topic and could have ignored the thread.

Back ON topic. I am loving my 9650 as well. Call quality, messaging, camera and camcorder all work great. Just went to Lake Tahoe and got some beautiful pictures. Reception was great all over, even up in the mountains.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 05:37 PM
    The trackpad is a total luxury to use... it allows me to just pop around with easy precision. The trackballs were more like a video game... fiddly.

nice!

I'm finding that I use the BB one handed quite a bit. When watching other people use their full screen "touch" phones, it is almost always a two handed affair.

The trackpad/keyboard thing is HUGE!
    06-13-10 07:04 PM
    I'm very happy with my upgrade to the Bold also, it's 100% better than the 8330 so Kelton, good choice.

BTW don't forget to change your profile phone.
    06-13-10 07:29 PM
    I'm very happy with my upgrade to the Bold also, it's 100% better than the 8330 so Kelton, good choice.

BTW don't forget to change your profile phone.
    06-13-10 07:29 PM
    The trackpad is a total luxury to use... it allows me to just pop around with easy precision. The trackballs were more like a video game... fiddly.

nice!

I'm finding that I use the BB one handed quite a bit. When watching other people use their full screen "touch" phones, it is almost always a two handed affair.

The trackpad/keyboard thing is HUGE!
    My exact findings that this guy said, I came from a Storm 2 I never realized how efficient and effective a keyboard and trackpad are. No more touch screens in my foreseeable future.
    06-13-10 07:36 PM
    Yea I really like this phone so far, trackpad is miles better than trackball.

06-13-10 08:47 PM
    ===== My exact findings that this guy said, I came from a Storm 2 I never realized how efficient and effective a keyboard and trackpad are. No more touch screens in my foreseeable future.
    +2

10 CHAR

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-13-10 09:08 PM
    I'm really glad you like your bold. I know I definitely like it too. Perhaps the best mobile I've ever purchased.
    06-13-10 09:13 PM
    Try this theme

http://www.berryfreethemes.com/kyleg...eatherslot.jad

06-13-10 09:41 PM
    To get appointments and messages on the homescreen: from the homescreen press the ? button twice and select options. Change the layout from zen to today. It takes away your homescreen icons though.
    Alternatively you can look for a "today" theme for a 8900, 9700, or 9630 also. They all work for the Bold as well.

Oh, and I love my Bold also!

06-14-10 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD