08-30-08 10:52 AM
68 123
tools
    Has anyone who ordered it on Wednesday or Thursday received it yet?
    I ordered it Thursday @ 9:30AM, I just called Rogers, it doesn't sound like it has even shipped yet...
    08-25-08 01:22 PM
    Just got mine ... Unlocked from CSL in Hong Kong
    Using on MTN in South Africa ...

All services working, I am loving it! Its everything I expected and more!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 02:08 PM
    Just got mine from Rogers, they was ship on Friday, so you should receive yours in 1 or 2 business day.
    08-25-08 03:20 PM
    I ordered mine on Friday from Rogers, about 4pm and they don't have a waybill yet on file. They told me that they still had stock, but I believe them as far as I can throw them. At least the bright side is I don't have to deal with any of their people at the stores.
    08-25-08 03:22 PM
    Ordered mine on Thursday, arrived this afernoon, just setting it up now.

I like it, the size threw me off at first, it seems a lot bigger that the curve in your hand. The super clear screen, 3G, Wifi, external sd card slot make it much better than my old trusty curve.

But, if you put all these features in the Curve I'd take the curve for sure.

The Bold feels very slippery and clunky in my hand compared to the Curve.

Beautiful phone, the Bold is a keeper and I'll get used to the size in a few days

08-25-08 04:21 PM
    Ordered mine on thurs, first time BB user/owner, just got mine 10 minutes ago. Time to fire this baby up. Looks sweet! I like the feel of the (faux) leather backing. Not that I'm a longtime user or anything, it just seems cool.

For everyone saying how 'big' it is, I guess I'm no regular crackberry user, but it seems quite small to me, considering all the devices its housing inside its case.

Btw, my previous phone was the razr that I've had for 3 years.
    Last edited by b0sstard; 08-25-08 at 05:07 PM.
    08-25-08 05:03 PM
    Wow, I can't believe you guys are receiving your phones already, where the heck is mine!?!
    08-25-08 05:15 PM
    I ordered mine on Monday and am hoping to receive it this week. Although they did say 5-10 days. I cant wait to get it.
    08-25-08 05:21 PM
    omg the screen is incredible.
    08-25-08 06:03 PM
    Ordered mine on Wednesday, and it came today (Monday)!!

Just charging the battery now before I take it for a test drive. I used the sim card that came in the box and activated it.

Took a sneak peek at the screen..AWESOME!!

This things looks way better then any picture or dummy unit I've seen!!!

Come on battery...charge already!!..
    08-25-08 06:21 PM
    I ordered mine at Friday 9:00 eastern time. Call today 7:00, not even a tracking number for me! I need to call tomorrow to have my number! Alsow ups is a well known slow express carrier plus you never know when they are going to show up. I always end up pick up myself. I wish I can have my bold before this Friday. Or I am going to have a longly long weekend.

08-25-08 06:28 PM
    Got mine at a Rogers Plus store in downtown Toronto last Friday at ~5:00pm. The place was a zoo...I waited for an hour for the sales to get through to Rogers for a corporate upgrade. Paid $399 + $10 early upgrade fee on a 3 year term. I was one of the lucky ones, I think I was one of the last few people to get one at the store. The sales said they were sold out within 2 hours. I'm glad I waited at the store on Friday to get it becoz I don't think I would be able to get one today.

I checked the website at work were we can do a corporate upgrade and the website has the Bold as out of stock.

This is my first Blackberry and liking so far.
    08-25-08 07:07 PM
    I ordered mine at Friday 9:00 eastern time. Call today 7:00, not even a tracking number for me! I need to call tomorrow to have my number! Alsow ups is a well known slow express carrier plus you never know when they are going to show up. I always end up pick up myself. I wish I can have my bold before this Friday. Or I am going to have a longly long weekend.

UPS are brutal here, I've been waiting over a month for my hockey jersey (not kidding), they lost it about 3 weeks ago, found it in town last Wednesday, and I still haven't got it, I called them today and they haven't had any updates since last Friday. Needless to say I'm scared ****less over the fact that these same people are going to be "delivering" my bold.
    08-25-08 07:11 PM
    The rogers store on the southwest corner of hwy#2 and Thickson in Whitby Ontario have 6 bolds left in physical stock as of closing on monday the 25th of august LOL I just left with one of seven LOL going home to play with it
    08-25-08 09:02 PM
    I ordered my Bold on Friday sometime in the afternoon......guy told me he is gonna txt me with the shipping number today......he was not sending it so i called......looks that they are out of stock.....guy said to call thursday to check if they have them in stock???????????? WTF????? have to wait that long!!!!!
    08-25-08 09:46 PM
    i had someone in Vancouver track one down for me today at a rogers store. Fed-ex will have it here in Dubai for me in 2 days. woot woot.
    08-26-08 02:18 AM
    LOL you can use it on Tigers new golf course
    08-26-08 06:53 AM
    LOL you can use it on Tigers new golf course
    I am sure my Bold will be long gone by the time the course is open next year. But you never know at the rate RIM puts out devices
    08-26-08 09:46 AM
    Ordered mine last night, and this is the 1st time ordering a blackberry through Rogers! I always buy em unlocked, but this time I got a nice deal, so it's on it's way, and should be here in 3-4 days!
    08-26-08 10:07 AM
    Ordered Friday. Did not ship out Monday did not ship out today till I call in and tell them I am going to canceled my plan! Promised ship to my place by tomorrow.

08-26-08 12:28 PM
    I am so happy with my Bold - I actually had a Sidekick 3, and then I changed to an Iphone 3G - which I simply couldn't abide - that went back to the shop the next day!
    Love the Bold - I just wish there was a way for me to make email folders so I could organise my email- but I think that's a gmail issue as that is the account i use in conjunction with the BB.
    08-26-08 12:58 PM
    Help...
    I bought a T-Mobile BB Curve full price without activating a voice or data plan. I bought the device because I am traveling to Latin America (Chile/Argentina/Columbia) and needed something that I could use for emails (Wifi or other carriers data plans) etc..
    I left the US without unlocking the device. So, once I got to Chile, I had to call t-mobile and asked them to unlock the phone. They would not provide me with the unlock code unless I had some sort of voice/data plan with them. So I signed up for the FLEX plan. That plan does not allow roaming in Chile and therefore I cant not make a connection back to Tmobile's network to setup email account etc..
    Does anyone have any idea how I can get the phone to use the WIFI or another SIM card from a local carrier here in Chile to setup internet mail accounts, use a chat program etc...

When I try to setup any of these programs (IM/Googletalk,MMS, ICQ), I am told that I need to go to blackerry.com to activate these programs.
    Can anyone help with this issue? Why cant I use these programs with the other data plan that is available to me? Is there a way to completely format this thing and reinstall all these programs so that they dont care if I am connected to the Tmobile network?

Thanks
    08-26-08 12:58 PM
    I want to order the Bold from Rogers as you know but if I get it Im not sure if I can unlock it so Im at a standstill.
    Bought one for a friend yesterday at Future Shop in Laval Quebec for $594.99. Got it unlocked by Horizonwireless today and the lock code came within 15 minutes.
    Works great on T-Mobile and AT&T when I put in my sims!

HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center
    Last edited by va2sh; 08-26-08 at 01:10 PM. Reason: web link
    08-26-08 01:09 PM
    Prices have gone up, its at $649+taxes now.
    08-26-08 04:26 PM
    Got my bold! Call and complain they ship out fast!

08-26-08 04:36 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD