I'm seeing a couple of threads in reference to Bold purchases and just wanted to have one thread to discuss everyone's ordering experience. Pricing, the wait & anything else related to the purchase.

Below are a few threads that have been started...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/las...thdrawl-64109/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/rog...d-today-64241/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/my-...e-yours-64076/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/jus...my-bold-64067/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/rog...er-bold-64092/
    08-22-08 11:57 AM
    I want to order the Bold from Rogers as you know but if I get it Im not sure if I can unlock it so Im at a standstill.
    08-22-08 12:21 PM
    Get the Bold!
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 08-22-08 at 01:45 PM.
    08-22-08 12:44 PM
    doesn't look like any Rogers stores in Southern Ontario - Waterloo Region/London received any Bolds today either.
    08-22-08 12:56 PM
    order one on Aug 20th and was told it would ship on the 21st. well that didn’t happen. I was told today by a very nice manger that they are shipping them as soon as they receive them. He also claimed that Rogers did not expect this many people to order the bold on the first day after the iphone and there warehouse did not have a huge stock.

But no bigge ill get it next week
    08-22-08 01:05 PM
    Rogers did not expect this many people to order the bold on the first day after the iphone and there warehouse did not have a huge stock.
    That makes no sense to me. This is RIM's flagship phone... but I guess that doesn't matter to Rogers? They go nuts making sure they've got plenty of iPhones, but not enough Bolds? That sounds weird.

Also.. Jayden... why, just out of curiosity, would you have someone get an iPhone over a Bold? I'm sure you've probably answered this many times on this forum, so if you want to just refer me to your ultimate answer post, I'd be curious to see it.
    08-22-08 01:17 PM
    Iphone is obviously junk..had on news about possible recall b/c of messed up hardware and software on 3g. I've never heard of a bb recall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 01:22 PM
    Got my bold from Futureshop Kitchener! just having streaming problems but seems like everyone is.
    08-22-08 01:23 PM
    [QUOTE=bgivnin;640095]That makes no sense to me. This is RIM's flagship phone... but I guess that doesn't matter to Rogers? They go nuts making sure they've got plenty of iPhones, but not enough Bolds? That sounds weird.

QUOTE]

Oh i agree it makes no sense but nothing rogers has done with the bold has made any sense. That is what i was told though. he clamied they are getting in more every day now.
    08-22-08 01:25 PM
    Iphone is obviously junk..had on news about possible recall b/c of messed up hardware and software on 3g. I've never heard of a bb recall.
    All of the pre-production Bolds were sent back to RIM last week, presumably to upgrade all the testers to the final hardware, but I haven't seen a post from phonegeek since he sent his in, so I don't know what's happening at the moment.

And "possible recall" isn't the same thing as a recall. The rumors also state that it could be fixed with a firmware update. Who knows. Both the iPhone and Bold suffer from the same 3G/EDGE issues according to early reports. Heck, it might be AT&T's fault... we don't know yet.
    08-22-08 01:32 PM
    That makes no sense to me. This is RIM's flagship phone... but I guess that doesn't matter to Rogers? They go nuts making sure they've got plenty of iPhones, but not enough Bolds? That sounds weird.

Also.. Jayden... why, just out of curiosity, would you have someone get an iPhone over a Bold? I'm sure you've probably answered this many times on this forum, so if you want to just refer me to your ultimate answer post, I'd be curious to see it.

He isn't someone. We actually work together. He's been itching to get it in frustration. Now he plans on buying it from Rogers at an astronomical price. It was inside joke... Sorry.

The message was edited. :-P
    08-22-08 01:42 PM
    for everyone asking about ups shipment status. i called again today and was told that you can call tomorrow morning to get the tracking number. The bolds started to be charged to accounts today and a waybill could be ready tonight after 5pm or tomorrow morning,
    Last edited by clone7; 08-22-08 at 03:31 PM.
    08-22-08 03:14 PM
    I want to order the Bold from Rogers as you know but if I get it Im not sure if I can unlock it so Im at a standstill.
    In the same boat here... ATT in NYC and not entirely sure I can get it unlocked.
    08-22-08 03:41 PM
    YAhoo got my tacking number. should be here Monday
    08-22-08 05:59 PM
    Jesus dealing with Robbers is like dealing with a cheap greasy used car salesman. I spend 2 hours on the phone with rogers retentions department to finally get what I think was a OK deal

for a 25.00 voice + 6.95 system fee
    250 daytime minutes
    Nights and weekends 6pm to 7am
    Voicemail
    Call display
    Free incoming

Data
    30.00 6GB plan
    + 3 years of Telenav free

I had to threaten to leave and I was going to, but they were reasonable in the end. What do you think is this a good deal?
    08-22-08 06:40 PM
    I had to threaten to leave and I was going to, but they were reasonable in the end. What do you think is this a good deal?
    Don't ask us this question in the states... Lol. 3 years is riduculous and 6gb for $30 is crazy. I haven't used that much, but I like the sound of unlimited.
    08-22-08 06:49 PM
    I know Rogers puts caps on everything but im trying to figure out the difference between tmobile and rogers. If rogers didnt charge the extra 7.45 a month it would be around the same price
    08-22-08 06:51 PM
    Jesus dealing with Robbers is like dealing with a cheap greasy used car salesman. I spend 2 hours on the phone with rogers retentions department to finally get what I think was a OK deal

for a 25.00 voice + 6.95 system fee
    250 daytime minutes
    Nights and weekends 6pm to 7am
    Voicemail
    Call display
    Free incoming

Data
    30.00 6GB plan
    + 3 years of Telenav free

That is a good plan.

I have

200 daytime min
    unlimited evenings 6pm-7am
    unlimited weekends
    caller id
    Voice mail
    rogers to rogers
    unlimited incoming
    125 text messages sent and unlimited received
    6 gigs of data

$75.00 everything in
    08-22-08 07:08 PM
    I bought my Bold at Rogers wireless(celtek) at metrotown in vancouver BC

they said they had 20 more in stock when i bought mine and that they restock every day.

PS, it is now Unlockable, I Unlocked mine at FreeYourCellphone.com for $19

it took about 6 hours to get my code.

Cheers,
    Outstanding. I already e-mailed my friend with all the Celtek info for him to check, so I hope he can get one for me ASAP.
    08-23-08 05:58 PM
    I got up at 7:00 a.m. on August 21 and calle every single Rogers dealer, some of them told me tomorrow and some said wait another week.

Next day I got a brand new bold at 11:30 A.M. in keefer street, the guy there was awesome, I like my bold, but how come I can't see Chinese character on this device?
    08-23-08 06:02 PM
    19 bucks to unlock isn't bad at all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 06:47 PM
    Now I need a location in Toronto...anyone got em from any stores there?
    08-23-08 07:47 PM
    I just order my Bold today online. Can anyone who ordered theirs online and got it tell me how long it took?

Thanks!
    08-25-08 11:33 AM
    Has anyone who ordered it on Wednesday or Thursday received it yet?
    08-25-08 11:53 AM
    i ordered mine thursday at noon.did not recieve it yet.hopfully tomorrow or wednesday i cant wait any longer.the two stores in my city got 1 each and were gone once they got there
    08-25-08 01:17 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD