What about the driftwood for tmobile is that anywheres as close as the onyx?
    08-09-09 03:33 PM
    Already a thread on field testing.

No one I know of from tmobile has reported anything yet. I'm pretty sure AT&T will release in the us before tmobile will though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 03:59 PM
    Just curious, does anybody know which BlackBerry has the fastest processor right now? List the Top 5 if you can. Thanks!
    08-09-09 05:49 PM
    from wikipedia

CPU

Early BlackBerry devices used Intel-80386-based processors.[6] The latest BlackBerry 9000 series is equipped with Intel XScale 624MHz CPU,which makes it the fastest BlackBerry to date. Earlier BlackBerry 8000 series smartphones, such as the 8700 and the Pearl, are based on the 312MHz ARM XScale ARMv5TE PXA900. An exception to this is the BlackBerry 8707 which is based on the 80MHz Qualcomm 3250 chipset, this was due to the ARM XScale ARMv5TE PXA900 chipset not supporting 3G networks. The 80MHz Processor in the BlackBerry 8707 actually meant the device was often slower to download and render web pages over 3G than the 8700 was over EDGE networks
    08-09-09 06:53 PM
    Just curious, does anybody know which BlackBerry has the fastest processor right now? List the Top 5 if you can. Thanks!
    1. Bold 624 MHz
    2. Storm 528 MHz
    3. Tour 528 MHz
    4. Curve 8900 512 MHz
    5. Curve 8520 512 MHz
    Last edited by bloodbath18; 08-09-09 at 07:45 PM. Reason: forgot 8900's specs
    08-09-09 07:44 PM
    I used my iPhone to post my last comment, and it says posted from my Crackberry, apparently CB can't tell the difference.

OP, like bloodbath stated, those are the top 5, and right now the Bold is still the champ, and you can tell. I played with a tour at Best Buy yesterday and you can definitely tell the Bold is still snappier, so I'm excited to see how well the Onyx does with a better processor than even the Bold (supposedly).
    08-09-09 08:49 PM
    Already a thread on field testing.

No one I know of from tmobile has reported anything yet. I'm pretty sure AT&T will release in the us before tmobile will though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yeh,theres already a thread about field testing for At&t.for other people,we have no clue on the "driftwood" which to me,is the onyx itself.so yeh. i really need this to come out before the year ends.ill be stuck with the brick Blackberry til the "w.e" comes out for T-mo,and i dont even liek thinking about it.so yeh,if anyone has any useful info on when it could possibly come out for T-Mobile,hit this thread up ASAP.
    08-09-09 10:12 PM
    yeh,theres already a thread about field testing for At&t.for other people,we have no clue on the "driftwood" which to me,is the onyx itself.so yeh. i really need this to come out before the year ends.ill be stuck with the brick Blackberry til the "w.e" comes out for T-mo,and i dont even liek thinking about it.so yeh,if anyone has any useful info on when it could possibly come out for T-Mobile,hit this thread up ASAP.
    It seems like every since the delay with the Bold, carriers are trying to avoid that scenario now, and RIM has been pretty good about churning out phones a lot quicker, so I wouldn't think your wait would be that much longer, unless AT&T will carry an exclusive on it for a bit, and I haven't heard anything about that being the case.
    08-09-09 10:15 PM
    i really hope not.i need a 3G phone,seriously.this is my ticket,cuz i have t-mobile and yeh.the new curve is bleh,no good i wuldnt waste my upgrade on that or the 8900. :'(
    08-09-09 10:19 PM
    i really hope not.i need a 3G phone,seriously.this is my ticket,cuz i have t-mobile and yeh.the new curve is bleh,no good i wuldnt waste my upgrade on that or the 8900. :'(
    Well let's just be optimistic
    08-09-09 10:21 PM
    It seems like every since the delay with the Bold, carriers are trying to avoid that scenario now, and RIM has been pretty good about churning out phones a lot quicker, so I wouldn't think your wait would be that much longer, unless AT&T will carry an exclusive on it for a bit, and I haven't heard anything about that being the case.
    I don't think the exclusive thing will be an issue as the driftwood has to include 1700mhz to run on TMOs 3G network. The Onyx doesn't have 1700 so they may look similar and function similar but the hardware is indeed different....

PG
    08-09-09 10:25 PM
    I don't think the exclusive thing will be an issue as the driftwood has to include 1700mhz to run on TMOs 3G network. The Onyx doesn't have 1700 so they may look similar and function similar but the hardware is indeed different....

PG
    I'd take that as good news then if you're a t-mo user.

So is there any rhyme or reason to them stamping Bold on the back? Kind of confusing isn't it?
    08-09-09 10:40 PM
    Thanks everyone for posting, and PG thanks i never though of tmobile different 3g band hopefully we start getting some hard info on tmobile 3g blackberry coming up hopefully really soon
    08-09-09 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD