Called coorperate cause my local store said they were gonna open the phone up and look inside for something loose. I was like NO! I called CS and they said my store HAS to give me a new one. What happens if I go 2 the store and the new one rattles. What's the nxt step? I'm not trying to be a pita but a rattleing brand new bb is like a rattleing new lexus. I don't like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 03:12 PM
    Yea i know what you mean. i dont see how people can say stop being picky about the crooked trackpad and stuff. phones are not cheap they darn well better be perfect looking at least to make up for the occasional software glitches.

Like you said if you bought a lexus and it had a crooked windshield how would you feel if the dealership said get over it and stop being picky
    06-18-10 03:20 PM
    I wouldn't compare a crooked windshield to a crooked trackpad... That's pretty much exaggeration

06-18-10 03:26 PM
    no. if you pay any amount of money for somethign especially soomething new, it should be in mint condition. there is no reason for anything to be crooked and be told you have to deal with it. Just my opinion.
    06-18-10 03:28 PM
    Its the users telling you to deal with it. If they give you 4 replacements and they all have crooked trackpads (waste of time and money), what's the point?

There's nothing they can do. They can't re-manufacture a new phone for you.

That's what the 30 day window is for, but you'll be getting an entirely different phone if you want to avoid this...

06-18-10 03:31 PM
    Exctly. Why would the release phones wit ovibious issues though? I what they say....I feel like I work way to hard for my money and I want to get what I pay 4. The is supposed to be the best bb for verizon but little issues make me mad. And no. I would not settle wit a brand new lexus wit a crooked radio or rattleing suspension....

06-18-10 03:47 PM
    They have a 30 day window, which the point of having it is to verify that you are happy with your purchase.

You aren't being forced to keep the phone, you aren't being ripped off. But you will end up not having a 9650 because this is bothering you so much. There's no other options for you. Return it and be prepared to use a completely different device whether you like it or not.
    06-18-10 03:56 PM
    So exactly how many replacement HAVE you gotten from the store that have been imperfect? I ordered ONE phone in the mail and it has a perfect trackpad and does not rattle.

So if you go to store and they replace your phone, shouldn't you get an equally perfect phone, end of story?

Why do you think you will be going through 4 replacements and have to move to a different device? Have you tried to get the replacement and use it and see if it is perfect? Have you given CS a chance?
    06-18-10 04:30 PM
    If you go to a store and their replacement is faulty in your eyes, go to another store, that stores whole batch is probably similar in quality. Sometimes they get a bad batch, its bound to happen. There will be some imperfections that you will have to live with though, so dont go on the hunt for the "perfect" device...
    06-18-10 04:33 PM
    Went to verizon and all of the bolds do it. I hate the storm 2. I guess ill just deal wit it.

06-18-10 04:47 PM
    >>So exactly how many replacement HAVE you gotten from the store that have been imperfect? I ordered ONE phone in the mail and it has a perfect trackpad and does not rattle.<<

My experience exactly. Best phone I've ever had.
    06-18-10 05:50 PM
    >>So exactly how many replacement HAVE you gotten from the store that have been imperfect? I ordered ONE phone in the mail and it has a perfect trackpad and does not rattle.<<

My experience exactly. Best phone I've ever had.
    Same here. My Bold is great, no problems at all. This is getting weird. I have not meet anybody that has the problems mentioned on this forum. My company has issued close to 100 and not one employee has complained. Like I said weird.
    06-18-10 06:19 PM
    idk. Got new bold and it does it too. i will deal wit it....not a major issue. Just annoying..
    06-18-10 08:27 PM
    had to get a replacement because of trackpad issues and the one they gave me now rattles. Went back to verizon and the guy looked at me when i told him it rattles, he went to talk with the manager who pulled out his blackberry tour and tapped his which also rattled. Three other employees did it to theirs and all rattled as did the 2 display models in the store. Going to try a different verizon store to see if they can fix it for me.
    06-21-10 05:07 PM
    Exctly. Why would the release phones wit ovibious issues though? I what they say....I feel like I work way to hard for my money and I want to get what I pay 4. The is supposed to be the best bb for verizon but little issues make me mad. And no. I would not settle wit a brand new lexus wit a crooked radio or rattleing suspension....

Dude - In the last several days I have seen thread after thread from you mostly grousing about your phone. It has become obvious to me that this phone is not going to suit you no matter what vzw does for you or how perfect a replacement phone may be; thus, why don't you go swap your Bold for a Droid or Palm or even jump to AT&T and get an IPhone. Then you can get on the forums for whatever phone you get and grouse there because there is no such thing as an absolutely perfect device, I don't care who builds it. These devices have mechanical and electronic parts in them and they can and there will be some defective ones.

You need to determine what your tolerance is for imperfect things, not only phones but cars, TVs, whatever and then realize that you just won't be able to have any of them becuase they are not absolutely perfect.

The point is: GET A LIFE!
    06-21-10 10:09 PM
    Human beings love to complain. Finally we have a decent BB on verizon and folks are nitpicking on minor things. I got the crooked trackpad, but guess what it works. My camera rattles.. guess what it works and takes fanastic photos. I am perfectly happy with my sound volume and yes my signal bounces all over from time to time and have yet to drop a single call. I have update .732 and no problems, everything works the way its suppose to. I pulled the battery once becuase of my own doing. So there u go, I have the same "little" problems but im not worry about it. Its the best phone i have ever own.
    06-21-10 10:30 PM
    Email or contact RIM corporate offices and let them know how crappy they built this phone and tell them to browse this forum. You can post on the blackerry.com forum too. They can learn of all the things they missed in the past year of making the phone. A phone maker who can't make a well built product. I dont get it. I'm trying to forget about all the issues my replacement phone has. Its hard but its coming along ok. If all the phones have rattle idk what verizon can say , maybe get anothr phone.

06-21-10 10:46 PM
    Dude - In the last several days I have seen thread after thread from you mostly grousing about your phone. It has become obvious to me that this phone is not going to suit you... becuase they are not absolutely perfect.
    I agree with this post 100%.

The BlackBerry devices (especially those made in Mexico [vs. Canada]) are not perfect. Many (if not most) of them are corporate, and people who don't pay ("their hard earned money") just take it, use it, and deal with it.

I had my Tour for nearly a year with a bad camera, fuzzy/bad earphone port, and crappy trackball.

I dealt with it. And you know what? Verizon did right by me.

Blame RIM. Oh, and if you can get someone from RIM on the phone to address your QC concerns, post to the forum.

p.s. stop with the shorthand crap - it makes you look either stupid or young (or both).
    06-21-10 10:49 PM
    I am extremely picky about my phones, and I got a bold with a near-perfect trackpad. it is perfectly straight but is tilted upwards on the left side, ever so slightly. After about a week, I completely stopped caring. If the phone works well, you shouldn't stress yourself out about minor details that bug you. I know that this sucks, but i think verizon policy dictates that all returns be completed from the place of purchase, meaning that your replacement will likely be from the same batch as the one you're unhappy with. The way I look at it, if something happens down the road, and it breaks, all you have to do is pay $50 for a replacement (that probably will be a newer, less-less bugged version.) Sure, it rattles, but it's not like you bb's hard drive is what's shaking around; it's probably some loose plastic piece, or even a small speck of dust that got inside.
    06-21-10 10:59 PM
    Dude - In the last several days I have seen thread after thread from you mostly grousing about your phone. It has become obvious to me that this phone is not going to suit you no matter what vzw does for you or how perfect a replacement phone may be; thus, why don't you go swap your Bold for a Droid or Palm or even jump to AT&T and get an IPhone. Then you can get on the forums for whatever phone you get and grouse there because there is no such thing as an absolutely perfect device, I don't care who builds it. These devices have mechanical and electronic parts in them and they can and there will be some defective ones.

You need to determine what your tolerance is for imperfect things, not only phones but cars, TVs, whatever and then realize that you just won't be able to have any of them becuase they are not absolutely perfect.

thank you. after seeing 5+ posts of this guy, i'm glad someone said something.
    06-21-10 11:19 PM

Bob,
    Well put. You make excellent points here. And who would know better about electronics and the possibility of defective parts...very nicely spoken!
    06-22-10 06:15 AM
    **** when u pay for my fone/verizon bill u can decide what I complain about....until then, ill say what I wanna say. They are all true things. Its not like I'm making stuff up. If I pay for the best, I expect the best....

06-22-10 06:35 AM
    **** when u pay for my fone/verizon bill u can decide what I complain about....until then, ill say what I wanna say. They are all true things. Its not like I'm making stuff up. If I pay for the best, I expect the best....

The answer is easy, if you don't like the quality RETURN IT! Done deal.
    Oh wait you cannot do that now as you may have ruined it with water damage, so now you may have to live with your carelessness.
    06-22-10 07:38 AM
    Same here. My Bold is great, no problems at all. This is getting weird. I have not meet anybody that has the problems mentioned on this forum. My company has issued close to 100 and not one employee has complained. Like I said weird.
    Same thing with me.
    I have no idea what they are talking about when they say it is rattling and my trackpad is slanted to the right a bit, but it isn't crooked.

06-22-10 07:41 AM
    Yes I can return it. It is a courtsey. Getting my last one today @ 1. I will have to live wit it. Done deal.

06-22-10 08:34 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD