To me, this is simply a slightly smaller Bold (BB Tour Size) with improved camera and Keylock-button on top (like the 8900 has).

I don't think any of the later models come even close to the Bold with regard to a distinct, exclusive design that puts it apart from other brands (8900 looks like it could have been designed by Nokia, and the 9500 like it could come out of LG or HTC). Earlier, I have eagerly jumped on every new model (and did so for both 8900 and 9500 - spent less than a week with each), but now I am for the first time holding back on buying newer models.

Anyone else who is frustrated over RIM seeming to spend less effort perfecting the Bold, than constantly experimenting with new designs?
    07-21-09 03:51 PM
    So why you don't consider the 9020 as a very promising try to perfect the Bold in a smaller package?
    07-21-09 05:05 PM
    I love my bold. At first, the size didn't bother me but after using some curves I do prefer the smaller size and to be honest, the bold is the first phone I haven't wanted to change.

My upgrade has been due now for 3 months and i've purposely been avoiding it because I want to get the onyx... a smaller bold with better camera? perfect!!!
    07-21-09 05:19 PM
    Let's see my ideal blackberry....

Works on GSM/CDMA/EVDO/UMTS/UMA/Satellite networks
    Works on any band available 700/850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100/2500 mhz
    Has 10 TB of memory
    Has a 50 MP camera
    Has 2 years of battery life
    Can be charged instantaneously simply by being attached to my energetic personality
    Never needs a reboot or a shutdown
    Has a screen resolution is the best right now but automatically changes to the next best one available tomorrow
    Is as small as my thumb nail but automatically adapts to fill my hand
    Never gets lost
    Can dial a number just by me thinking about it
    Can send an email or text with just me thinking about it
    Can automatically change from a trackball to trackpad or those funky arrow buttons depending on my mood.

Did I miss anything?....

PG
    07-21-09 10:20 PM
    50 MP camera psshh hows bout a 1gb camera
    07-21-09 10:53 PM
    GUYS! Trust me, the IDEAL blackberry is the ONYX!

Only problem that phone has is the carrier in the US.... otherwise, I give the phone a 10 out 10.
    07-21-09 11:07 PM
    Wish I had an Onxy... dont they cost like $600+ to get an unreleased one? Thats what someone was saying in the "Off Topic" Thread.
    07-21-09 11:40 PM
    onyx will be the best.
    07-22-09 02:34 AM

Has 10 TB of memory
    Has a 50 MP camera
    Can be charged instantaneously simply by being attached to my energetic personality
    Has a screen resolution is the best right now but automatically changes to the next best one available tomorrow
    Never gets lost
    Can automatically change from a trackball to trackpad or those funky arrow buttons depending on my mood.

Did I miss anything?....

PG
    yeah. now if it could also cook and be a little kinky--i'd marry it!!!! lolol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 09:26 PM
    yeah. now if it could also cook and be a little kinky--i'd marry it!!!! lolol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was trying to keep it clean....

Not certain why the US carrier will be a problem, it will be on the country's fastest 3G network... Check local listings...
    07-23-09 10:37 PM
    So why you don't consider the 9020 as a very promising try to perfect the Bold in a smaller package?
    From the pictures I have seen, the 9020 looks like like a Curve with Bold technical features than an evolution of the original Bold. Which is why I do not - yet - consider it a promising try to perfect the Bold. The Bold has a very special design - with its rounded form and leather battery cover - that make it "stick out" in the huge mass of different phones. And it is this design - as much as the technical features - that define the product.
    07-24-09 04:07 PM
    To me, the ONYX looks like someone left their bold in the dryer too long and it shrunk. The Curve has a completely different look with the different bezel and keyboard style.
    07-24-09 04:12 PM
    I definitely prefer the look of the curve.
    For me, the ideal bb is the tour with a trackpad. The onyx is close, but different.
    07-25-09 03:57 AM

Has 10 TB of memory
    Has a 50 MP camera
    Never gets lost

Did I miss anything?....

PG
    Yes, it needs to cost $10 retail, no contract required.
    And $5 a month for voice, data and BES.

Better yet, forget the charges altogether
    07-25-09 08:38 AM
    50 MP camera psshh hows bout a 1gb camera
    that makes no sense, I think you mean 1Gigapixel..
    07-29-09 08:01 AM
    I think it would come quite handy for me if they build in a compass like Apple did with their 3GS. When using Google Maps
    I often wish that the map could rotate in the proper direction. With GPS only sometimes I have to walk several meters just to realize that I'm moving towards the wrong direction.

Otherwise I'm verry happy with my BB 8900.
    07-29-09 01:28 PM
    for me, i think my ideal blackberry is somewhere between this line

bold + 8900 = onyx (?) hehe
    08-04-09 02:10 AM
    I stick with my bold for now...
    08-04-09 04:43 AM
    i don't know if i can wait, but i'd say i was pretty much totally in love with the onyx.
    08-09-09 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD