06-22-09 02:40 PM
40 12
tools
    I think the only major hardware points are at least a 3.2mp autofocus camera (not that it's a major issue for BB buyers, just that it should be standard now) and app memory...

Since they probably won't ever allow sd card installs and apps keep getting bigger and more plentiful, they better start piling on the app memory...

Maybe a hardware 3d accelerator at some point down the line if they actually want to get more serious about gaming...
    06-19-09 08:21 PM
    Yeah, as I read through the responses, I'm realizing more and more how great the Bold really is. It is clearly their flagship device.

I guess the main things I'd really, really have to have to switch would be:

* Same or very similar size and design
    * Same or very similar keyboard
    * Significantly more app memory
    * More native video codecs
    * Greatly improved html email handling with pop-up notifications?
    * Threaded messaging
    * 4G would be really nice

I guess all in all, the Bold is pretty much as good as it gets right now.
    06-20-09 01:06 AM
    Why do you all want a higher MP camera? It's not the amount of pixels, it's the quality of the lens. 2mp is more than enough for ANY cell phone screen to display, and probably more pixels than most of yer home computer's displays.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ha, I thought I was the only one who knew that! You have no idea how many arguements I get into with people about that. Esp guys trying to sell you a camera. They like to try to tell me I'm wrong.

06-20-09 02:25 PM
    The magnum is a good start for me, but I'd like something like the ATT tilt. I want a touch screen with a full qwerty, but I want a bigger screen, and the keyboard can be hidden/tucked away. That and hopefully a phone that's top of its class for the time.

Last edited by bish0p34; 06-20-09 at 02:31 PM.
    06-20-09 02:28 PM
    Magnum half touchscreen/half keyboard.
    same here..these features would make it closer to perfect
    06-20-09 04:27 PM
    Very simple: I would like to be able to load programs on a media card.
    06-20-09 05:01 PM
    Very simple: I would like to be able to load programs on a media card.
    +1
    10 char.
    06-20-09 05:15 PM
    Two main things I want are:

Better Battery life (something close to 6 hour talk time)
    Bigger Screen (3 inches or bigger)

Other things wanted but not as important:

More Application Memory 256megs or option to save apps on memory card
    3 megapixel camera with autofocus and image stabilization
    Better Screen Resolution (480x360)
    Faster Processor
    Optical Trackball
    06-22-09 08:47 AM
    I'd like the following:

1. Unified device memory (none of this 128MB + 1GB crap)
    2. Better battery life
    3. Slider keyboard with full-size touchscreen
    4. Screen res the same as the rest of the new generation (480x360) so that devs don't need to make multiple versions of an interface.
    06-22-09 10:54 AM
    Here's what I'd love to see,

* Split multitouch screen + qwerty keyboard - sounds dumb, but I like having both...typing is better with keys, everything else just feels better on a touch screen
    * Change the battery housing - Leather is nice, but make the housing out of metal. I LIKE HEAVY PHONES - the plastic feel of the BOLD was a hard sell ... esp. when the latch on the battery cover broke...
    * Change OS design - The 5.x.x.x seems to be making strides, but it seems a little forced...and seems catered to touchscreens with the large drop down menus.. either make it FOR the touchscreen..or don't, but don't half *** it.
    * Please give the BOLD holster with all BB's...that is the BEST holster I've seen on the market! - I understand its what helped set the BOLD apart, but if that's the case, give the higher end BB's a docking station (I bought the one for the BOLD...lemme tell you, its tooo good.)
    06-22-09 11:24 AM
    Voice to text....for texting while driving.

06-22-09 12:19 PM
    Unlimited download size

06-22-09 01:06 PM
    Ha, I thought I was the only one who knew that! You have no idea how many arguements I get into with people about that. Esp guys trying to sell you a camera. They like to try to tell me I'm wrong.

It still makes no sense marketing wise though.

Everyone else is selling 3.2-12mp right now. Marketing it as 2mp makes no sense. Regardless both the lens and the flash are not extremely good on the Bold anyways compared to the competition.

If a consumer sees a 5mp Carl Zeiss + dual led or xenon flash next to a 2.0mp Bold, which sounds better?
    06-22-09 02:32 PM
    All Of The Above Mentioned...
    06-22-09 02:38 PM
    better battery!!! faster processor, obvi!
    06-22-09 02:40 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD