06-22-09 02:40 PM
40 12
tools
    Most (not all, but most) of us Bold owners feel the Bold is the best BB we've ever owned. In fact, we feel it's the best BB that RIM has ever produced.

My question is, what would RIM have to come up with in order for you to give up your Bold? I'm talking about realistic technologies and features, not science fiction. Either existing stuff or things on the near horizon.

For me, I guess it'd have to be a very solid 4G device (on a reliable and far-reaching 4G network - near future?) with a newer, more refined OS, significantly more app memory, and...not sure beyond that. I love the physical features, dimensions, size, shape, appearance, and most other features of the Bold. I'm sure others would like UMA, better camera, HD video, touchscreen+keyboard, cheaper BIS/BES, faster processor, bigger or higher-res screen, browser, etc.

So what would it take for you?
    06-19-09 12:48 AM
    They're already working on a device that I'd give up the Bold for. It's supposedly the Bold successor - The Onyx.

Better camera, better processor, more memory. Sexier design
    06-19-09 12:51 AM
    -Onyx

Or, faster processor, more memory, 5MP camera, UMA, HD screen, world wide bands including Japan, better battery (not built in tho), keyboard but with the top screen touchscreen too, etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 01:01 AM
    Same basic Bold design.

Touch screen

3.2 or higher MP camera with auto focus.

2-5 Gigs of flash memory.

624-800 plus processor.

Same BB OS with a little eye candy.

Trackpad plus media buttons like the 85XX series.
    06-19-09 01:06 AM
    I have the 8900, but my next BB has to be superior in every aspect, so that there's absolutely no hard thinking when purchasing.

I'd like:
    A touch wider, maybe 9000 size
    Same keyboard style
    Trackpad
    More Ram
    Faster Processor
    Wi-Fi/UMA
    GPS
    3G/4G whatever's current
    Larger, higher quality (SED) screen
    Good battery life
    Completely redesigned browser with Flash support
    At least 4mp camera
    unlimited download size
    threaded sms
    pre blacked out

under $300 w/ 2 yr contract
    06-19-09 01:10 AM
    Same points others have stated so far.will take my time in deciding.

06-19-09 01:40 AM
    That's simple.

The Onyx

Curve aesthetics, Bold+ engine.
    06-19-09 01:51 AM
    Why do you all want a higher MP camera? It's not the amount of pixels, it's the quality of the lens. 2mp is more than enough for ANY cell phone screen to display, and probably more pixels than most of yer home computer's displays.

06-19-09 01:57 AM
    Am I the only one that finds the Bold keyboard with Curve lettering looking really ugly?

I really want a BB mounted in my glasses with a neural input, but that's not coming any time soon
    06-19-09 02:16 AM
    i own both the Bold and the 8900. i stopped using the Bold for now since i always wanted an 8900 because of the smaller size, looks and camera. i dont need the 3G capability of the Bold so i dont mind the swap. but i will keep both.
    06-19-09 02:28 AM
    They're already working on a device that I'd give up the Bold for. It's supposedly the Bold successor - The Onyx.

Better camera, better processor, more memory. Sexier design
    Same sentiments here.

06-19-09 02:34 AM
    Similar design but with real leather battery door, smaller size, more app memory and a youtube app.

It would have to keep the same trackball too. I think the trackpads are fugly and I hate the black trackballs like on the 8900. People I know with the 8900 always comment on how nice my trackball is as it glows up and they wish theirs did too.

Oh and similar design means sticking with a silver bezel. A Black bezel in my opinion makes the bold look cheap.

Last edited by teartray; 06-19-09 at 03:59 AM.
    06-19-09 03:54 AM
    A better camera
    a slider design
    more memory (for APPS eh?)
    keep the design of the bold, and cut it in half, make the top half (with the call send end trackball back) the top, and add the slider keyboard to the bottom and I'd buy that ^^.
    I'd want the standby mode and screen lock like the storm and 8900, and I wouldn't mind the optical keypad either.

So that's it... Maybe a 2000mah batter that's so tiny? lol.
    06-19-09 04:07 AM
    Onyx looks like a very worthy trade in for the bold. But I might keep my bold just in case.

06-19-09 04:10 AM
    Magnum half touchscreen/half keyboard.
    06-19-09 04:58 AM
    I would like to see
    1. A better Camera (Video & Photo).
    2. Support more Video formats.
    3. Optical Trackpad
    4. A great out of the box OS.
    06-19-09 05:11 AM
    I would keep the my bold. ( More Ram, Better Camera)

06-19-09 05:21 AM
    Built in bottle opener for beer...

06-19-09 07:28 AM
    allow apps to be stored on the SD Cards.
    06-19-09 09:41 AM
    Has to be 4g. Once Sprint and Verizon release there's it's going to be tough for AT&T to keep up without 4g.
    06-19-09 12:21 PM
    Most (not all, but most) of us Bold owners feel the Bold is the best BB we've ever owned. In fact, we feel it's the best BB that RIM has ever produced.

My question is, what would RIM have to come up with in order for you to give up your Bold? I'm talking about realistic technologies and features, not science fiction. Either existing stuff or things on the near horizon.

For me, I guess it'd have to be a very solid 4G device (on a reliable and far-reaching 4G network - near future?) with a newer, more refined OS, significantly more app memory, and...not sure beyond that. I love the physical features, dimensions, size, shape, appearance, and most other features of the Bold. I'm sure others would like UMA, better camera, HD video, touchscreen+keyboard, cheaper BIS/BES, faster processor, bigger or higher-res screen, browser, etc.

So what would it take for you?
    It would take a lot or me to give up my Bold. Some of the things I would look for would be a better web browser, a more refined html email viewe, faster processor, and more memory for applications. The problem is that all of the BBs that are projected to come out don't seem to compare to the Bold. This is a little disheartening knowing that there have been three new BBs since the Bold and another projected three coming out, and none of them are better than the Bold. This is truly a testament to the phones quality, but eventually, I will have to upgrade to something else and I would like it to be a big step forward, not a limp.

06-19-09 12:33 PM
    Magnum half touchscreen/half keyboard.
    Yep. Same here.
    06-19-09 05:57 PM
    OK some of you are delusional. Your fantasy specs are just that--a fantasy. You cannot expect rim to jam-pack all that crap into these phones and make a profit and/or retain their reliability.

Here is a realistic "wish list:"

Easiest: improved OS, better GUI (smooth scrolling webpages,w indows, etc that bounce around like the iPhone), threaded sms (which we may see shortly)

Realistic: higher capacity battery, low-risk LCD (seperate it from the damn lens and seal it so dust won't get in) slightly stronger radio (this may offset the higher capacity battery--but that's fine) and maybe a mute button on top of the phone like on treos to mute ALL sound with the exception of the bed alarm.
    06-19-09 06:07 PM
    That's simple.

The Onyx

Curve aesthetics, Bold+ engine.
    I think the BB Magnum also looks like a good replacement for the Bold. Not only will the Magnum continue with the QWERTY keypad that the Bold has now, but it will also have a touch screen as well...... BlackBerry Magnum the new “touchscreen Bold”? | BlackBerry Rocks!
    06-19-09 07:39 PM
    RIM could not do anything to make me give up my Bold. Unless a VERY WORTHY successor came along, and then just maybe. People who want a faster processor, the Bold already is 624mHz, faster than almost every other cell phone on the planet. How could you want anything more?

06-19-09 08:11 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD