I think it will work fine. Some people complain about them, but really it looks like they're pretty solid. And, like getting a new one, if anything doesn't work, you swap it out.

I hope so. I really liked my PIN#. So I hope I get a good one and a
    Made in Canada one. Yes, I'm picky that way!
    04-10-09 04:21 PM
    I really didn't want to get a refurb so soon. I got my Bold in December. But what can you do eh? I'll get the refurb. If there are any scratches or whatever on it, I'm telling them to send me another one.
    Most likely won't be the case. Refurbs are given new housings and LCD's.
    04-10-09 04:22 PM
    I hope so. I really liked my PIN#. So I hope I get a good one and a
    Made in Canada one. Yes, I'm picky that way!
    Such a Canuck, Gal!
    04-10-09 04:26 PM
    Most likely won't be the case. Refurbs are given new housings and LCD's.

Then you should have seen a couple of the refurbs I got from Rogers. LOL
    But they weren't BB's.

Sorry to thread jack. I'm a bad girl! But I'm keeping your thread alive. That's one good way of looking at it.
    04-10-09 04:27 PM
    Such a Canuck, Gal!

Oh and like you're not!
    04-10-09 04:28 PM
    Oh and like you're not!
    So true, eh?
    04-10-09 04:29 PM
    Must be a Canadian thing.
    04-10-09 04:30 PM
    So true, eh?

Damn right girl!
    04-10-09 04:37 PM
    Must be a Canadian thing.

Did we lose you?
    04-10-09 04:37 PM
    Did we lose you?
    Apparently lol

Maybe the 75 degree weather here in L.A. fries my brain
    04-10-09 04:38 PM
    Apparently lol

Maybe the 75 degree weather here in L.A. fries my brain

Oh sure, shove that in our faces!!!
    04-10-09 04:42 PM
    It stopped snowing here yesterday, so we're in pretty good shape....

Okay - only a few hours of uptime after my screen fritz, and memory is the usual 43.5MB. I am thinking about trying the new OS .... though nervous about it too. But I may be starting all over again.
    04-10-09 04:45 PM
    I'm keeping my snow tires on until I know for sure it's not going to snow again! Well, atleast not until next Winter. LOL

I'm still sticking with .162. Yes, I'm a chicken!
    04-10-09 04:48 PM
    It stopped snowing here yesterday, so we're in pretty good shape....

Okay - only a few hours of uptime after my screen fritz, and memory is the usual 43.5MB. I am thinking about trying the new OS .... though nervous about it too. But I may be starting all over again.
    What OS are you thinking of trying?

I'm not even going to touch 5.0 yet.
    04-10-09 04:52 PM
    What OS are you thinking of trying?

I'm not even going to touch 5.0 yet.
    Well, the 5.0 actually. It fixes that annoying text overlap thing in the browser. And BGR has pix of what it all looks like.

Too soon? Yah, probably.
    04-10-09 04:58 PM
    Well, the 5.0 actually. It fixes that annoying text overlap thing in the browser. And BGR has pix of what it all looks like.

Too soon? Yah, probably.
    I'd rather different leaks of the 5.0 version come out before I do anything.

BTW, I'm on .247 and I don't really get that text overlap in the browser as you mentioned.
    04-10-09 04:59 PM
    I'd rather different leaks of the 5.0 version come out before I do anything.

BTW, I'm on .247 and I don't really get that text overlap in the browser as you mentioned.
    Are you sure? I've asked around and people say it's there. When you do a Google search, is the first option a bit garbled with the overlap?

I am pretty conservative when it comes to updating - waited a long time to go from .162 to .216 and have pretty much ignored all others. So I'm not sure why I'm so jumpy to get into this one.
    04-10-09 05:02 PM
    Are you sure? I've asked around and people say it's there. When you do a Google search, is the first option a bit garbled with the overlap?
    The only overlap I ever get is on WAP for CB sometimes. Maybe like once out of every 15 pages. Never had that happen on Google.
    04-10-09 05:06 PM
    The only overlap I ever get is on WAP for CB sometimes. Maybe like once out of every 15 pages. Never had that happen on Google.
    Hmmmmm...... okay. Good to know.
    04-10-09 05:08 PM
    167 hours and 12.52 MB. By using Twitterberry and the browser the memory was down to 9.91 MB.
    04-11-09 04:34 AM
    I"ll keep up with this since I've started it; the problem is because I updated most of my apps (Intellibery on my left button and Quiclaunch on my right) means they don't work anymore neither they show on my list, because they require a reboot I won't do. So i post my findings now based on BB's own help keboard combination:
    683977 seconds and 11,5 MB.
    04-12-09 03:51 AM
    I"ll keep up with this since I've started it; the problem is because I updated most of my apps (Intellibery on my left button and Quiclaunch on my right) means they don't work anymore neither they show on my list, because they require a reboot I won't do. So i post my findings now based on BB's own help keboard combination:
    683977 seconds and 11,5 MB.
    Well, you could probably reboot any time, as you have the information this experiment provides - your berry stays between 10-12MB steady without pulling the battery. At least, those are the numbers I remember.

I pulled my battery because my screen fritzed out, but I do know that I can let it run and run without a pull and my memory stays steady.
    04-12-09 08:49 AM
    @kb:Yes,you're right.I'll do that.A little update:so it's almost 9 days without a reboot and the memory stays to 12 MB without a problem. Today I noticed small delays sometimes when opening high load programs like Google Maps,heavy sites or GPSed.But overall -I'm definately impressed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 10:33 AM
    @kb:Yes,you're right.I'll do that.A little update:so it's almost 9 days without a reboot and the memory stays to 12 MB without a problem. Today I noticed small delays sometimes when opening high load programs like Google Maps,heavy sites or GPSed.But overall -I'm definately impressed!

I am impressed too. I find the phone stable overall and have no memory issues. But I also don't have a million apps - just because I don't like very many of them.

Good work on your memory investigation, 701!

Note: just deleted AppWorld because I can't really see the point of keeping it on my phone - I'm not a big app shopper. So I'm at 146 seconds uptime and 50MB of memory. I reckon it will drop to about 43-45 in time and hang around there.
    04-12-09 11:09 AM
    i have maybe 20 apps installed and some of them are permanently running,like iCallManager&Dexrex. I use on daily basis AmAze,CaptureIt,Flycast,Twitterberry,Google Maps,Newsgator,Pod Trapper,etc.

04-12-09 11:23 AM
360 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD