@kb: 1hy,thank you!What's 'moxie'?. Mine decreases constantly! @POE Why would you check the memory and reboot if it's not necesarry?!
    @br8231 You actually can't,just be sure to close all ur apps after u use it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 03:10 PM
    @kb: 1hy,thank you!What's 'moxie'?. Mine decreases constantly! @POE Why would you check the memory and reboot if it's not necesarry?!
    @br8231 You actually can't,just be sure to close all ur apps after u use it!

Moxie, grit, guts, spunk, gumption....
    04-10-09 03:12 PM
    i did that and now i have uptime: 279 seconds and 17.8mb???
    04-10-09 03:13 PM
    @kb: I didn't use the right word;the pic was just complimentary. I can't take screenshots of everything because I didn't assign the right key until now-so now - did and wanted to use it now

04-10-09 03:14 PM
    Have some open running apps?
    04-10-09 03:15 PM
    how do i check if i have open apps?
    04-10-09 03:17 PM
    In this case,delete some programs you don't need and update your OS to the latest version. Yes,it's. Little memory,I agree.I am sure you don't have the Bold.

04-10-09 03:18 PM
    how do i check if i have open apps?
    Press alt + back button and then scroll right to see what's there.
    04-10-09 03:19 PM
    Is this on a Curve?
    04-10-09 03:19 PM
    yes its the curve 8310
    04-10-09 03:25 PM
    Sorry, I cannot tell if that's normal or low.
    04-10-09 03:26 PM
    I just did a handheld wipe, reloaded the original OS and my memory is at
    53.3mb. We'll see how long that lasts. Refurb on it's way.

Dear Mods, we need a crying smiley.
    04-10-09 03:42 PM

You never said what happened to your phone....
    04-10-09 03:45 PM
    Don't feel bad Dub-Gal. Somewhere along the way I'm going to be getting a refurb Bold too. It happens. Nothing to be sad about.
    04-10-09 03:48 PM
    You never said what happened to your phone....

Oh sorry, I thought you knew. My BBM, email, internet...basically data was not working 3 nights ago. I did a battery pull and ALL my appointments in my calendar were gone. Everything entry from last year to this year. I was soooooooooooooo upset! I was using a 3rd party app called, e-Mobile Planner. I deleted the app and now I'm using the stock calendar. But my appointments are not showing up on the today's screen. I downloaded the same theme and it's still doing the same thing. So on top of the random shut downs, this one took the cake!
    04-10-09 04:06 PM
    Don't feel bad Dub-Gal. Somewhere along the way I'm going to be getting a refurb Bold too. It happens. Nothing to be sad about.

But everything works great on my Bold, except for the random shut downs and the messed up calendar.
    04-10-09 04:07 PM
    Oh sorry, I thought you knew. My BBM, email, internet...basically data was not working 3 nights ago. I did a battery pull and ALL my appointments in my calendar were gone. Everything entry from last year to this year. I was soooooooooooooo upset! I was using a 3rd party app called, e-Mobile Planner. I deleted the app and now I'm using the stock calendar. But my appointments are not showing up on the today's screen. I downloaded the same theme and it's still doing the same thing. So on top of the random shut downs, this one took the cake!
    Yikes - sorry to hear that.

I guess POE's right - we're all going to get "new" refurbed phones at some point. I only have 4 months left on my one-year warranty, though. After that.... who knows how I'll replace it when it tanks.
    04-10-09 04:10 PM
    But everything works great on my Bold, except for the random shut downs and the messed up calendar.
    Which is why the refurb will be better. In all honesty I think your phone has a bad hardware issue and doesn't have so much to do with the software. Just my two cents (take that for what it's worth ).

Did you ever come up with a solution to retrieving some of those things back? Did you ever get a reply?
    04-10-09 04:10 PM

Well,it's a lot!What's the worry? I have cca 43 MB on rebooting.

04-10-09 04:11 PM
    Yikes - sorry to hear that.

I guess POE's right - we're all going to get "new" refurbed phones at some point. I only have 4 months left on my one-year warranty, though. After that.... who knows how I'll replace it when it tanks.

I really didn't want to get a refurb so soon. I got my Bold in December. But what can you do eh? I'll get the refurb. If there are any scratches or whatever on it, I'm telling them to send me another one.
    04-10-09 04:15 PM
    hah i would so fail at this, nearly do resets all the time from app deletion
    04-10-09 04:17 PM
    I really didn't want to get a refurb so soon. I got my Bold in December. But what can you do eh? I'll get the refurb. If there are any scratches or whatever on it, I'm telling them to send me another one.
    I think it will work fine. Some people complain about them, but really it looks like they're pretty solid. And, like getting a new one, if anything doesn't work, you swap it out.
    04-10-09 04:18 PM
    I guess you should do an OS update,which will wipe out everything. Then,if it still acts up ,yes,it's hardware.

Which is why the refurb will be better. In all honesty I think your phone has a bad hardware issue and doesn't have so much to do with the software. Just my two cents (take that for what it's worth ).

Did you ever come up with a solution to retrieving some of those things back? Did you ever get a reply?

I think you're right about the hardware problem. Doesn't sound like a software issue. I value you're opinion. You've been very helpful to me since I started crying on my thread. LOL

I didn't get a reply from the developer yet. I emailed the place of purchase and they acknowledge my email. I told them I had to delete the app and that I am waiting for a resolution from the developer. I'll keep you posted.
    Well,it's a lot!What's the worry? I have cca 43 MB on rebooting.

Oh I'm not complaining about the app memory. That's the highest I have ever seen it on my Bold. LOL. Just whining about getting a refurb.
    04-10-09 04:19 PM
360 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD