I just downloaded a new app so I had to reboot.

Even if I hadn't I did the battery pull this morning
    Would you rather give up
    1) Beer
    2) Battery pulling
    3) Leone
    04-09-09 04:40 PM
    Would you rather give up
    1) Beer
    2) Battery pulling
    3) Leone
    I'd rather have each of my toe nails pulled at slowly, one at a time before I give up any of those. That's a "DO NOT TOUCH" list for me...
    04-09-09 04:43 PM
    I'd rather have each of my toe nails pulled at slowly, one at a time before I give up any of those. That's a "DO NOT TOUCH" list for me...
    Good to know what a man keeps sacred.
    04-09-09 04:46 PM
    Good to know what a man keeps sacred.
    Why can't all women understand that like you KB.....
    04-09-09 05:06 PM
    i use a soft reset instead (alt+right shift+delete) does this do the same a a battery pull) currently running at 19 mb.
    04-09-09 06:29 PM
    Would you rather give up
    1) Beer
    2) Battery pulling
    3) Leone
    I know for sure he would not give up Sergio.
    04-09-09 07:08 PM
    Ack! Had to pull my battery. My screen went on the fritz. Every once in awhile, it turns into an unreadable mess - lines all over the place and text impossible to see. Has happened three times in the life of the phone. Wish I had taken a pic of it now..... I am wondering if this happens to anyone else.

Anyway, memory's up but I don't really care. Just want the phone to work.
    04-10-09 07:56 AM
    Ack! Had to pull my battery. My screen went on the fritz. Every once in awhile, it turns into an unreadable mess - lines all over the place and text impossible to see. Has happened three times in the life of the phone. Wish I had taken a pic of it now..... I am wondering if this happens to anyone else.

Anyway, memory's up but I don't really care. Just want the phone to work.
    Well KB, you lasted a lot longer than I did. Congratulations on that!

I know the problem you've had. I've had that happen to me twice since getting my phone. I know for sure it happened once on .216 OS. I did try to take a screen shot of it as well but the phone wasn't doing it.

Nothing to worry about though. You were mistress of your domain for this thread.
    04-10-09 01:38 PM
    Well KB, you lasted a lot longer than I did. Congratulations on that!

I know the problem you've had. I've had that happen to me twice since getting my phone. I know for sure it happened once on .216 OS. I did try to take a screen shot of it as well but the phone wasn't doing it.

Nothing to worry about though. You were mistress of your domain for this thread.
    So kind, POE, so kind. But it's easy for me since my phone seems to run nicely without the pulls. Except when the screen frizzes. Hadn't thought it might be related to .216. Can't remember if it ever happened before I upgraded.
    04-10-09 01:42 PM
    So kind, POE, so kind. But it's easy for me since my phone seems to run nicely without the pulls. Except when the screen frizzes. Hadn't thought it might be related to .216. Can't remember if it ever happened before I upgraded.
    I don't really think it matters what OS you're on. This used to happen on my old Curve before too. But I've noticed with the more refreshing a day with a battery pull it doesn't really occur.
    04-10-09 01:45 PM
    I don't really think it matters what OS you're on. This used to happen on my old Curve before too. But I've noticed with the more refreshing a day with a battery pull it doesn't really occur.
    Are you telling me to regularly pull my battery???

But number one on my "NOBODY TOUCHES IT" list is my 100% intact, unskinned, unholstered, no 3rd party themed, nice short picky list of apps, unpimped unblacked-out uncolorwared unpainted, original bezeled, Rogers faceplated, BATTERY INSIDE Bold.....
    04-10-09 01:52 PM
    Are you telling me to regularly pull my battery???

But number one on my "NOBODY TOUCHES IT" list is my 100% intact, unskinned, unholstered, no 3rd party themed, nice short picky list of apps, unpimped unblacked-out uncolorwared unpainted, original bezeled, Rogers faceplated, BATTERY INSIDE Bold.....
    KB reading that put the first smile of the day on my face. That was great.
    04-10-09 01:55 PM
    KB reading that put the first smile of the day on my face. That was great.
    I should haved added "unviigoed" for you too. Despite my shameful presence in the viigo thread.
    04-10-09 01:58 PM
    i have the curve and my phone is always really slow with replying to text messages and sending them, can anyone help speed it up or tell how much memory i have on it?
    04-10-09 02:26 PM
    Use logmaid, might help speed up your curve:

pappedWorld in the recommended apps area
    04-10-09 02:29 PM
    152 hours and 10.52 MB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 02:30 PM
    You're brave, 701. Do you have a cutoff point? Just going to keep going?
    04-10-09 02:36 PM
    You're speaking my language, 701.
    I really don't care about what the memory shows.The Bold works flawless,EXACTLY like it did the 1st day,when it had 43 MB.I installed 2 upgrades and 1 new app which requested reboot,but no,not now

04-10-09 02:53 PM
    152 hours and 10.52 MB.

You're kidding me right?
    04-10-09 02:56 PM
    Just keep on going until it crashes.I take care of it not to run out of juice. I just use it as normally. And believe me,I kill it,I charge it 2 times a day because I use it all the time.I mean,all the time,all features,Twitterberry,browsing BIS and personal email,wifi,y messenger,everything.And goes strong for what,6 days? It's a great phone,I tell ya.

04-10-09 02:57 PM
    Just keep on going until it crashes.I take care of it not to run out of juice. I just use it as normally. And believe me,I kill it,I charge it 2 times a day because I use it all the time.I mean,all the time,all features,Twitterberry,browsing BIS and personal email,wifi,y messenger,everything.And goes strong for what,6 days? It's a great phone,I tell ya.
    Here,see for yourselves:
    http://twitpic.com/347hz - More than 6 days without a battery-pull #blackberry #bold
    Can't post a link from wap but copy the Twitpic above in your browser to see the proof.
    Last edited by 701; 04-10-09 at 03:04 PM.
    04-10-09 03:02 PM

I'm like you - I use it constantly, minus those social apps I can't stand. But my memory stays around 40+MB. I think I would be nervous down around 10. And POE would black out well before then.

I admire your moxie.
    04-10-09 03:05 PM
    i have 2719 secs of uptime and about 17.5mb . how do i free up space?
    04-10-09 03:05 PM
    Don't need the proof, 701. I pretty much never pull my battery and go for weeks at a time - until I download or delete something. I totally believe. My phone is very good at managing memory.
    04-10-09 03:07 PM
    i have 2719 secs of uptime and about 17.5mb . how do i free up space?
    A battery pull with the phone ON.
    04-10-09 03:07 PM
360 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD