This was exactly my experience on .162 - which in my opinion is a much better OS than ATT's .167. Or maybe it's just that the connectivity with Rogers is so much better.

I gained about 10MB of memory when I updated my OS to .216. But I always had pretty steady memory and battery life too.

Maybe the cool air up here keeps the Bold fresh!

Yes, the Rogers .162 is much better than AT&T's .167. I haven't had any major issues up until now. Long story, I'll post later. But I think it's related to an app, not my Bold.

Oh you mean the COLD air and the lovely snow we got???
    04-08-09 01:34 PM
    I don't have to do a batt pull. My Bold will randomly reboot a couple of times a week. On .247
    04-08-09 01:41 PM
    Update: about 130000 seconds and 19 MB free! It's getting bad!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 02:26 PM
    update:
    uptime: 1057542 seconds
    app memory: 36mb
    04-08-09 04:01 PM
    850812 for me 24.5 free mem and on 237

04-08-09 04:34 PM
    ok heres mine

uptime : 69546

file free: 42.7 mb
    04-08-09 05:34 PM
    You know I cruise at 25 - 30 about all the time... Nothing is slow. What's all the fuss about? JUST PULL YOUR BATTERY! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!
    04-08-09 05:36 PM
    123052 seconds uptime and 15.4 file free. Probably going to do a pull, pearls can't take this... It seems happier with a daily pull. I'm out!

04-08-09 05:38 PM
    So obviously KareBare was right. So was BT224. While doing this the obvious became more obvious.

-Running apps have a great effect on memory. Which I already knew.
    -when you delete an app or theme, you better do a restart so you don't come on here asking why your phone is acting up.

What I learned:
    Absolutely nothing. If anything, I'm probably going to continue to be degenerate battery pull guy. It just makes me feel better to do a refresh. I don't know why, it just does.

What I equated it to was someone not being able to pick their nose for four days. I mean, how could someone not clean out those specs of dust for four days? I gotta do some cleaning up. Same goes for the phone. If I could quote Chicklet who in another thread stated "gotta do some clean house" once in a while.
    Interesting analogy. But if you become a compulsive nose-picker, whether you need to pick or not...? Ew.

Here's the thing for me: so long as my phone is functioning well - no lags or clocks or whatever - I am not pulling my battery to get an instant but false boost to a memory number that is just a number. I know if I pull my battery, my memory will go up to 55+ MB. I know I don't really have that amount available though. I know that if I don't pull it, it will settle at 43-44MB and pretty much always be there. Never mind the "need" to pull - I don't even have the urge. But of course I do it when I delete stuff.

Currently:

Uptime 426225 (about 5 days)
    Memory 43.9 MB

Seriously, POE - you downloaded a THEME? What were you THINKING?
    04-08-09 07:54 PM
    Yes, the Rogers .162 is much better than AT&T's .167. I haven't had any major issues up until now. Long story, I'll post later. But I think it's related to an app, not my Bold.

Oh you mean the COLD air and the lovely snow we got???
    Yah I love a snow storm in April. Keeps my Bold fresh and rosy-cheeked.

Tell us the story sometime.
    04-08-09 07:57 PM
    Interesting analogy. But if you become a compulsive nose-picker, whether you need to pick or not...? Ew.

Here's the thing for me: so long as my phone is functioning well - no lags or clocks or whatever - I am not pulling my battery to get an instant but false boost to a memory number that is just a number. I know if I pull my battery, my memory will go up to 55+ MB. I know I don't really have that amount available though. I know that if I don't pull it, it will settle at 43-44MB and pretty much always be there. Never mind the "need" to pull - I don't even have the urge. But of course I do it when I delete stuff.

Currently:

Uptime 426225 (about 5 days)
    Memory 43.9 MB

Seriously, POE - you downloaded a THEME? What were you THINKING?
    Well not a COMPULSIVE nose picker. That is kind of gross....

And yeah KB, I'm still hitting myself on the head for downloading a theme. I actually thought I would like it.
    04-08-09 08:03 PM
    My phone reboots a few times a week on its, I was wondering if I really need the Quickpull app I installed...
    04-08-09 08:04 PM
    hey poe-honestly i only do a batt pull 1x-maybe 2x's a week if i really need the 2nd one. But i do soft resets almost everynite---does that count?? LOL But seriously, you should be ok with just once a week.
    04-08-09 08:06 PM
    Well not a COMPULSIVE nose picker. That is kind of gross....

And yeah KB, I'm still hitting myself on the head for downloading a theme. I actually thought I would like it.
    Call it temporary insanity and let's move on.

And I will end my vicious cycle of dl and deleting viigo and just accept that I don't like it.

04-08-09 08:12 PM
    I'm out. Was at about a day and a half running with 26.1 mb. Received a voicemail and when I tried to retrieve it my screen froze. A little odd. I think that's only the second time it froze since I've had it (one week after release). The keys were working but couldn't get the screen to change. Just rebooted and am currently at 38.8 mb. Gonna do it again.
    Last edited by skyjackal; 04-08-09 at 08:32 PM.
    04-08-09 08:20 PM
    hey poe-honestly i only do a batt pull 1x-maybe 2x's a week if i really need the 2nd one. But i do soft resets almost everynite---does that count?? LOL But seriously, you should be ok with just once a week.
    Just impossible for me Shelli. Degenerate battery pull guy lol
    04-08-09 08:27 PM
    Just impossible for me Shelli. Degenerate battery pull guy lol
    well, i fig'd the encourgement was worth a shot!!! LOL
    04-08-09 08:31 PM
    well, i fig'd the encourgement was worth a shot!!! LOL
    Well I appreciate the effort Shelli lol

-BBM thumbs up symbol here-
    04-08-09 08:39 PM
    Call it temporary insanity and let's move on.

And I will end my vicious cycle of dl and deleting viigo and just accept that I don't like it.

Honestly KB, just accept that that app is worthless. I hated it.
    04-08-09 08:39 PM
    how are you two getting so much memory free? i don't think i've had 44mb free! does anyone have any idea of potentially memory leaking apps? i have a bunch of bs home made jobs like storm saber and twss, easy button, snapple cap blah blah blah......
    04-08-09 08:43 PM
    how are you two getting so much memory free? i don't think i've had 44mb free! does anyone have any idea of potentially memory leaking apps? i have a bunch of bs home made jobs like storm saber and twss, easy button, snapple cap blah blah blah......
    I looked at the device that you have posted on your username. If that's true, then there's your answer.
    04-08-09 08:47 PM
    Honestly KB, just accept that that app is worthless. I hated it.
    Thank god you're there, POE. I'll PM you next time my finger is shaking over the blue "download" button for that useless app people keep listing in their top 5.

04-08-09 08:52 PM
    My phone reboots a few times a week on its, I was wondering if I really need the Quickpull app I installed...
    i live quick pull! i have some screen click issues and have a piece of paper towel strategically placed under my battery. quick pull keeps me from having to deal with the towel and taking my case off. i'm also running .109 and have kissed random reboots goodbye. i still leak memory like a mofo so i quickpull 3x
    a day.
    04-08-09 08:58 PM
    I looked at the device that you have posted on your username. If that's true, then there's your answer.
    duh! i guess that's why i'm a "user" i had no idea app memory was an issue on other bb devices. i guess i'm in app memory ****.
    04-08-09 09:02 PM
    duh! i guess that's why i'm a "user" i had no idea app memory was an issue on other bb devices. i guess i'm in app memory ****.
    Well I wasn't referring to your post count, I meant the fact that your device is a Storm.

04-08-09 09:05 PM
360 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD