I have a 9930, issued by my company. The IT policy has the lock enabled, I can change the time until it locks, but not defeat it completely. I am sick and f**cking tired of picking it up and trying to use it, only to have to enter the damn password before I can do anything. I spent most of my time driving, don't have time or attention to spare to use both hands and try to enter a password using my thumbnails.

I will pay someone who knows what they're doing to bypass that IT set lock - but not disturb anything else. I still need company email access, 3rd party software to work, address book to be unaffected, etc - don't do anything but get rid of the stupid lock.

I'm serious, it's worth some money to me - if you can get this done, we can do business. Reply to this thread with contact info and I'll get in touch with you.
    07-03-13 11:45 AM
    I will pay someone who knows what they're doing to bypass that IT set lock - but not disturb anything else. I still need company email access, 3rd party software to work, address book to be unaffected, etc - don't do anything but get rid of the stupid lock.
    Haha, seriously right?? How secure would it be if it was that easy, I'm trying to figure out if your serious or if you're just joking around to give us all a good laugh...
    07-03-13 11:57 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

I don't think it's entirely legal to have that done, and I think if the company has set it, it can't be undone by no one other than your IT department itself. The security in the BlackBerry phones is to high.
    Are you on BES? If so, it would be even harder to crack it/bypass it
    07-03-13 11:58 AM
    If so, it would be even harder to crack it/bypass it
    Really cracking a password? or bypassing for that matter?
    07-03-13 12:00 PM
    Rofl XD you could ask IT to change their policy. I doubt they would do it just because you are slightly annoyed lol if the phone is your property then you have the right to wipe the IT policy. The problem you have is that you have to use the phone in accordance with THEIR policy as one of their employees.
    07-04-13 08:02 AM
    Hi earlybroncoguy,

The password is being enforced by IT policies issued by your company's BES server. I could remove those IT policies, easily in fact, but the problem is the moment you reconnect to that bes server those policies would be re-issued. There's nothing that can be done on the phone to keep it from coming right back as long as you are still connected to that BES.

I have removed such policies for people who worked in banks, and other secure environments, but only on phones that have been retired and that they did not plan to reconnect to the BES after I did so.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:10 AM
    I don't think it's entirely legal to have that done, and I think if the company has set it, it can't be undone by no one other than your IT department itself.
    There is no such thing in Law (UK Law anyway) so please stop misleading people about what is 'illegal'

I find this place so funny sometime. People saying things are against the law and what not. Its all generally lies, miss-information, and people on here who think they are legal gods!

You can remove the password lock.

1 - talk to your IT department as they issued the phone.

If you crack the phone, remove the IT policy or something like that thats down to you - however you may wish to check your contract of employment as you may find your self out of a job for tampering with company hardware.

They have obviously set the lock policy for a reason, but I would just increase the time out to the maximum and live with it.
    07-04-13 11:29 AM
    I have a 9930, issued by my company. The IT policy has the lock enabled, I can change the time until it locks, but not defeat it completely. I am sick and f**cking tired of picking it up and trying to use it, only to have to enter the damn password before I can do anything. I spent most of my time driving, don't have time or attention to spare to use both hands and try to enter a password using my thumbnails.
    Do everyone on the road a favor and stop messing with your phone while driving.
    07-05-13 01:38 AM