Is there away or short cut to turn off the push email function when I want. I missed a few text messages today because I thought they were emails when the phone was on vib. I guess I could just set the notification tone to something different than the email notification.

Let me know

Thanks

Nupe
    02-17-09 05:52 PM
    You can turn off wireless reconcile per email account, but it seems easier to do something like using an app that uses different color LED alert for SMS vs email, or turn off LED alert for emails in your profile.
    02-17-09 05:55 PM
    That could work, but 99% of the time im staring at my cpu, so If im into something I may miss it. What is the name of the app that you were talking about
    02-17-09 05:59 PM
    bbalerts. There are some apps that allow you to setup persistent reminders for missed items also.
    02-17-09 06:00 PM
    Is there a way to create a shortcut to turn off "wireless reconcile"?
    02-17-09 06:01 PM
    I doubt it, since it would have to link into each particular email account (and if you had 5 email accounts youd need 5 links).
    02-17-09 06:02 PM
    Just go into your mobile network services options and turn data services to "off".
    02-17-09 06:19 PM
    Just go into your mobile network services options and turn data services to "off".
    indeed... very simply
    02-17-09 07:33 PM
    But then he wouldn't have access to any data during that time. True, he wouldn't get emails, but also no weather, no BBM (or other IMs), no notifications, etc.

I think your best option might be to create a custom profile that has all email notifications turned off. Switch to that profile when you get to work, and you won't be bothered by email, but you will still get everything else.

And yes, having a different tone for emails and SMS is probably a good idea anyway.
    02-17-09 07:42 PM
    Disconnecting network connection just doesn't seem like that smooth of a solution for a BB device...
    02-17-09 07:45 PM
    If you have Desktop Manager installed and you connect your blackberry to the PC, there's an option in email that says "Turn off message redirection while my device is connected to my computer". Not sure if this works with BIS however.
    02-17-09 07:47 PM
    I think creating a custom profile is your best bet - e.g. set emails to mute/vibe and SMS to a tone alert. I personally like Master Yoda's ringtone "message from the Dark Side" which can be downloaded right here at CrackBerry. You can also use the Profiler program to automatically switch beyween profiles during work hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 08:01 PM
    Ok, so I have four different email addresses on my Storm. I would like to stop my work emails on the weekend, but keep my personal email addresses live. Is there a way to do this?
    02-17-09 08:32 PM
    Is there away or short cut to turn off the push email function when I want. I missed a few text messages today because I thought they were emails when the phone was on vib. I guess I could just set the notification tone to something different than the email notification.

Let me know

Thanks

Nupe
    Messages > Options > Email Settings > Send Messages to Handheld: No

I believe this should only work to turn off push/work email because the option is only available when your Message Settings selection is Desktop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 08:46 PM
    I've gotten in the habit of just reading all of my e-mails on my BB, even when I'm at my desk. They actually make it to my BB first!
    02-17-09 08:50 PM
    I don't have a option in email settings that says send messages to hand held
    02-17-09 08:51 PM
    Ok, so I have four different email addresses on my Storm. I would like to stop my work emails on the weekend, but keep my personal email addresses live. Is there a way to do this?
    Have a Weekday and a Weekend Profile. I control everything through notifications. Although I get work e-mails on my phone through the day, and actually process them on my PC, since I have all notifications turned off it's no bother. At the end of the day, I go to the top and select Delete Previous and delete them all at the same time, takes about 3 seconds.
    02-17-09 09:02 PM
    Is there a way to just stop my work email from coming through to my phone...or do I just have to delete it and re -add it when I went to do this... I'm in advertising sales and with the economy...sometimes I really need to escape work for a while...
    02-17-09 09:07 PM
    Is there a way to just stop my work email from coming through to my phone...or do I just have to delete it and re -add it when I went to do this... I'm in advertising sales and with the economy...sometimes I really need to escape work for a while...
    I'm assuming you have an e-mail icon for each e-mail address. Open the work one, go to menu to Options>Email Reconciliation and turn Wireless Reconcile to Off.
    02-17-09 09:14 PM
    What you want doesn't seem possible. When I'm at work, I use a profile that turns the notifications for the work account off, and when I leave, I turn to a more general profile.
    02-17-09 09:35 PM
    The app "stopmail" comes in 3 versions, one of which is free and works fine for my purposes. This is great - you can quickly turn on/off email receiving from any/all accounts on your berry. When you turn email back on, stopmail does not allow email to bring in everything you "missed" while you had email turned off. Perfect.
    07-07-11 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD